Britney's DJ Mustard Track "Mood Ring" Will Make You Feel Things

Jordan Miller

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Slayde said:

It is cuming in two weeks!!!!!!!!!! :ohnoney:

why is Glory released in different time in Japan tho? Is there a reason for that or it's always like that? I remember Scary came out later than FF , why not release album in all countries in the same date? :idkney:

11 minutes ago, Sliver said:

why is Glory released in different time in Japan tho? Is there a reason for that or it's always like that? I remember Scary came out later than FF , why not release album in all countries in the same date? :idkney:

I didn't know the reason until I stumbled across this article (https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/3ucwni/eli5why_do_some_artists_make_japanese_edition_of/) and found this...

Because the entertainment industry in Japan is ******. For a variety of reasons, ALL cds sold at retail stores are sold at a government-regulated price. It is illegal to sell them for less.

This means that if foreign labels want Japanese retailers to carry their product, they have to give them something that merits the higher price. If the content was identical to the foreign import, there wouldn't be any reason for the consumer to buy the domestic version at the artificially inflated price point and thus no reason for retailers to bother carrying the product.

Just now, Slayde said:

I didn't know the reason until I stumbled across this article (https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/3ucwni/eli5why_do_some_artists_make_japanese_edition_of/) and found this...

Because the entertainment industry in Japan is ******. For a variety of reasons, ALL cds sold at retail stores are sold at a government-regulated price. It is illegal to sell them for less.

This means that if foreign labels want Japanese retailers to carry their product, they have to give them something that merits the higher price. If the content was identical to the foreign import, there wouldn't be any reason for the consumer to buy the domestic version at the artificially inflated price point and thus no reason for retailers to bother carrying the product.

Gosh this is awful :idkney: Poor Japan fans 

Thank you for information!

1 minute ago, Slayde said:

I know I feel bad for them I just bought Glory for $19 here in Australia, I wonder how much they have to pay for it? :shameless:

I wonder if it's here any Japan fans here on exhale that we could talk about it. Honestly if i would be in their situation I would not buy CDs 

14 minutes ago, Sliver said:

I wonder if it's here any Japan fans here on exhale that we could talk about it. Honestly if i would be in their situation I would not buy CDs 

Yeah I don't know, either way I hope to hear Mood Ring in the next 2 weeks but there is so much happening until then... We have Ellen and live TV etc etc the list goes on tbh :shameless:

Just now, Slayde said:

Yeah I don't know, either way I hope to hear Mood Ring in the next 2 weeks but there is so much happening until then... We have Ellen and live TV etc etc the list goes on tbh :shameless:

yesssss i'm so happy about all that promo :myjam: I can't believe we have this all :otears:

Just now, Mantequilla said:

Actually, the CD costs like 21 USD, but shipping was like +50. But there must be another option. I'll have to check the site again, because that time I couldn't do it. 

wtf I just check these numbers (21 + 50 USD)  to polish pln and wtf that a lot of money, It's 277 zł in Polish so you can buy 5 copes of Glory Deluxe Edition for this cash here in Poland :umomg:

From Goldsoundz at PJ:

Looking at me
Who do I see?
Who do I want to be today?
If you come for a show, which role should I take?
Fading to grey, so did we make a true mistake?
True colors will show

Baby just put me on display
Think I've been here before
I've turn some hearts into stone
And I can't hide it no more

My love is a mood ring
Up and down emotions
All these mood swings
You know how to read the touch of my skin
Nothing on my body but this mood ring
You change me

Imagine "Needed Me," with the exact same dub bass on the hook, but much more melodic (heavy synth pads) and at beat ballad tempo. It's Glory''s "Why Should I Be Sad." It even has a nice bridge. The end has a multi-adlib breakdown in falsetto that is also similar to "Needed Me." It's not a single, but I definitely would have placed it on the bottom end of the standard edition.

The vocal is pretty good. It's moody and reminds me of how she sounds in "Blur," but less nasal.

Archived