WHY are the American stations boycotting Britney?

juniorcasemiro

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, div said:

Darling, britney and her cheap team are boycotting themselves. they didnt even mentioned glory on the vmas and cutted make me in the half. :whitneyshade:

And every time someone talks to her about her new album she talks about her kids and insists on reminding us that she has no ambitions besides making babies...

I guess i'm the fool for believing this was going to be any different just because Karen Kwak concocted a good album :-(

1 hour ago, DirtyMind said:

This is definitely a factor.  Pop radio is notorious for turning its back on female singers over 30.  I'm not saying she'll never have a radio hit again, but it'll be harder than it was.

Mariah was in her 30s when its like that and we belong together came out

to me its all about confidence

show confidence and you get praise

1 hour ago, BrandonBs said:

I'm afraid is all about ageims...

This is a big part of it, I mean a lot of older female artists have struggled on radio recently

The song started off well on radio........I feel like a lot of the time radio starts to give up on her songs at least my stations do they play it a lot for maybe a few weeks to a month then practically stop.......meanwhile they're still playing ******* Firework/We Found Love and other bullshit that eons old! 

4 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Yeah but Mariah was always a big force on radio, Britney has had a very up and down radio history. 

WHAT? Since when? Mariah was HATED for releasing Glitter the same day/month of the 9/11 incident. She didnt have a hit since the 90s and that followed all the way through emancipation.

my advice for britney would be just do your thing. One day she'll be the it girl again. When the right time strikes everything can happen. Mariah followed the r&b/black groove that was building up 2005/2006 and bam. After that she was followed by nelly furtado in 2007, who also took advantage of it and then it died

Just now, Nando. said:

WHAT? Since when? Mariah was HATED for releasing Glitter the same day/month of the 9/11 incident. She didnt have a hit since the 90s and that followed all the way through emancipation.

my advice for britney would be just do your thing. One day she'll be the it girl again. When the right time strikes everything can happen. Mariah followed the r&b/black groove that was building up 2005/2006 and bam. After that she was followed by nelly furtado in 2007, who also took advantage of it and then it died

Oh girl Mariah had a #1 in 2000 and a number #2 in 2001, what I was saying is that for the majority of her career radio loved her hence her like 18 #1's then she had a couple bad years 02-05 then she had her comeback 

10 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Oh girl Mariah had a #1 in 2000 and a number #2 in 2001, what I was saying is that for the majority of her career radio loved her hence her like 18 #1's then she had a couple bad years 02-05 then she had her comeback 

Yes and britney had a number one hit in 2011 with HIAM as well. What is your point? Its not like she was dead to the public. We all know radio doesnt EAT her **** up like they do with every rihanna release, and neither did they ate mariah's singles up early 2000s. My comparison stands. Brit will rise again when the time is right. But right now she doesnt fit the mold at all

17 minutes ago, Nando. said:

Yes and britney had a number one hit in 2011 with HIAM as well. What is your point? Its not like she was dead to the public. We all know radio doesnt EAT her **** up like they do with every rihanna release, and neither did they ate mariah's singles up early 2000s. My comparison stands. Brit will rise again when the time is right. But right now she doesnt fit the mold at all

You comparison doesn't stand you're missing my point........Britney has never been really radio successful I mean look at oops/Toxic both barely made the top 10 and they were huge only during the Circus/FF eras was Britney really successful radio wise while Mariah was radio successful for most of her career except for a brief 3 year period but then she made a brief comeback. Britney is going to struggle on radio the older she gets because radio has never really been behind her, Mariah was able to be successful at 35 because she had always had strong radio support.  

4 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

You comparison doesn't stand you're missing my point........Britney has never been really radio successful I mean look at oops/Toxic both barely made the top 10 and they were huge only during the Circus/FF eras was Britney really successful radio wise while Mariah was radio successful for most of her career except for a brief 3 year period but then she made a brief comeback. Britney is going to struggle on radio the older she gets because radio has never really been behind her, Mariah was able to be successful at 35 because she had always had strong radio support.  

And im telling you mariah didnt have radio support for much longer than the three years youre saying. Being number one doesnt mean radio support. HIAM was number one but the song wasnt everywhere on the radio back in 2011. I can agree to disagree. To me Britney has had much more success than Mariah in a lot of aspects, so if Mariah can come back from the dead so can Britney

1 minute ago, Nando. said:

And im telling you mariah didnt have radio support for much longer than the three years youre saying. Being number one doesnt mean radio support. HIAM was number one but the song wasnt everywhere on the radio back in 2011. I can agree to disagree. To me Britney has had much more success than Mariah in a lot of aspects, so if Mariah can come back from the dead so can Britney

Back in 2001/2002 downloads and streams weren't a thing so all you had was radio and physical sales which had started to decline in the early 2000's so radio was a HUGE factor for Thank God I Found You and Lover Boy being #1/#2 

• 4 months later...

Archived