Buzzfeed: Britney Spears Just Destroyed The Same VMA Stage That Nearly Destroyed Her Career

SlayOut

• Super Mods

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christianzamora/britney-spears-just-destroyed-the-same-vma-stage-that-nearly?utm_term=.jcLddBKyY#.wp0rrqnWZ

This is a trending article on Buzzfeed. Really drives home why this performance is iconic/so important.

As for my own thoughts about the performance, when I heard the first note/chord of Make Me, I started bawling my eyes out. I'm so proud she took the stage tonight and looked confident and vibrant doing so. Someone brought up how Britney didn't begin with tons of backup dancers, flashy choreo or props. It was just herself, and while that suggests vulnerability (since Britney does utilize props and have backup dancers), she also commanded a lot of power and was in control. I was pleasantly surprised when she started singing Me Myself and I too! 

I was momentarily upset by not seeing some big/flashy thing that "insiders" and people were predicting. But all that went away FAST by realizing the context in which she's performing at the show with. How she finally triumphantly performed on the VMA stage after everyone said her career, her reputation, her wellbeing was over in 2007. And as a Britney fan, I find a lot of iconicness in her being able to take that stage tonight. No prop or gimmick or act could replace or do that. 

It's disturbing to see so many people drag her because she didn't perform up to whatever norms or standards you project onto her. I'll stay overwhelmingly proud of her while so called "fans" continue finding joy in scrutinizing every small aspect of Britney

*This is a pressed fan and negativity-free thread* :queenflopga:

Discuss.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Nope, I've only seen the same handful of ******** complaining, everyone else wants her to **** G-Eazy and is proud of what she did. :carpoolney:

There's more negativity in those BuzzFeed comments than on Exhale right now, and that's not a joke. They're seriously dragging her. :grimace: 

Britney doesn't give a ****, why should I ? :wontcry:

• Super Mods
12 minutes ago, Daszkowski said:

So proud of her.

It can only get better from now on!

Yas!!! Positives always outweigh the negatives :gobaby:

11 minutes ago, chris_fives said:

Everybody praising her but exhale :queenie:

No lies tbh :angietea: The delusion has reached an all time high in this forum :nobitch:  

6 minutes ago, Criminal.G said:

If i remember it right, this author has been a stan for britney :carpoolney:

Zaddy Zamora definitely stans Brit! Along with another Buzzfeed writer Matt Stopera :tifftear: Good memory sis :qtbrit:

1 minute ago, brintyspears said:

I love how much Buzzfeed stans Brit. The comment section is so negative tho :nochillbrit:

I started reading the comments but didn't want them to ruin this night for me :sobbing: But then I remembered I'm here in Exhale too soooooo :nyheadache:

1 minute ago, colormefresh said:

I want to suck Buzzfeed writers' dicks :rihclap:

:lollipop: Slé that thirst/appreciation!

Buzzfeed is flawless!

seriously guys, people only hate bc they can't deal with the fact that there's actually nothing to really complain about. Britney just delivered, calm, classy, confident without any struggles...like a pro...and they wanted her to fail. So just stfu and praise the queen :giggleney:

Archived