Britney Spears Returns to the VMA Stage, Triumphant

Jordan Miller

It's a good performance, not iconic but really good! She looked great!

but they hyped it WAY too much! That's why some felt disappointed! 

Idk, it's time to move on coz the era has just started, one "ok" performances doesn't mean she's over!! lol

we just need to learn the lesson, not to believe any bullshit people says, specially those "insiders"!! :sofedup:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HangingOnToThePast said:

Am I the only one who feels so bad for The VMAs ? I really don't know why you're blaming them! they made a special commercial for her plus all the promo on the streets more than Rihanna and not a single Beyonce promo they always give Britney a big presentation they have done their part the rest is up to Britney and her team for God's sake stop blaming others

And the commercial was better than the official Make Me... video. :queenflopga:

I also blame her and her team, especially her team. Her brand's image just doesn't work, especially with this era. Her whole gig is being a Vegas showgirl and it's just an outdated look while Glory is really fresh and new and it just clash. They need to rebrand her tbh and give her new fresh look for her videos/performances, I'm tired of that whole Vegas gig. They need to update her image tbh. I also agree that MTV really ****** with Britney and Riri last night 

1 minute ago, HangingOnToThePast said:

Am I the only one who feels so bad for The VMAs ? I really don't know why you're blaming them! they made a special commercial for her plus all the promo on the streets more than Rihanna and not a single Beyonce promo they always give Britney a big presentation they have done their part the rest is up to Britney and her team for God's sake stop blaming others

Shame the promo was better than the performance. 

Just like Make Me audio is better than the video. 

Just like Glory is better than its sales suggest. 

It's a messy era. Some great stuff, some not great stuff. I wanted everything to be great this time round :crying2:

50 minutes ago, beaverjuicer said:

It's not only from GP and haters. It's also coming from Britney stans. Call us haters all you want but that's just dismissing people who have always supported and will. But that doesn't mean we can't give constructive criticism. The performance was bad on so many levels. She wasn't ready for the Vmas nor a proper come back. It was a good vegas POM performance

1 minute ago, giltjuhh said:

Talk for urself dude....I loved the performance, and so many others with me. It was a statement from her that she dont need dancers, snakes, massive productions. It was just her, and nothing else but her, and she killed it.

And btw. Yes there are also britnye fans who allways need to complain about everything. But even that is just pure human. I bet when u have a boy or girlfriend. You focus on what could be better instead of just accepting who he or she is. So many people are like this. just look at what u get and stop looking at what u dont get

3 minutes ago, giltjuhh said:

Talk for urself dude....I loved the performance, and so many others with me. It was a statement from her that she dont need dancers, snakes, massive productions. It was just her, and nothing else but her, and she killed it.

Yeah i am talking for myself "dude" and quite a few others who agree with me. If somehow you think your doing Britney any favour by applauding mediocrity, you're very wrong

Exhale is really bumming me out.. I feel like everyone is depressed and over the era now. Everyone let's remember that you can never truly count Britney out of the game. She is a forced to be reckoned with when she really tries. She's been taking baby steps since 2007 and she's come a long way. Let's hope she can redeem herself , either at the iheartradio, Apple Music fest, or maybe she'll surprise us at Ellen, or maybe could perform at the Emmys, mtv European awards, or the AMAs. Britney is our queen and we should support her regardless. Remember if Godney can get through 2007 than we can all get through this slump! Britney will shine once more sooner or later!!!:bwink:

The last few weeks:

75% of Exhale "I'm worried she'll use the crappy POM choreo for Make Me."

25% of Exhale "She won't. She's doing different/better choreography." 

She did use the crappy choreo. She did it BETTER than in Vegas, but crappy choreo is still crappy. And it looks jerky and awkward and disjointed not smooth at all. Why didn't Britney do better choreo? 

And I would actually be FINE with the lame choreo if she'd sung live on the second half of the performance. 

It was a 4 minute performance so it's not like the BBMAs when it was ok to have some skipping and stiffness because the EPIC moments made up for that. What were the epic moments of the VMAs performance? Some great hair flips. Great. But even FFney had epic hair flips. 

Yet another wasted opportunity. But whatever :sickofu:

6 minutes ago, BratzBitch said:

Well tbh I also blame her and her team, especially her team. Her brand's image just doesn't work, especially with this era. Her whole gig is being a Vegas showgirl and it's just an outdated look while Glory is really fresh and new and it just clash. They need to rebrand her tbh and give her new fresh look for her videos/performances, I'm tired of that whole Vegas gig. They need to update her image tbh. I also agree that MTV really ****** with Britney and Riri last night 

I completely agree about her image. But lbr Britney isn't exactly style conscious (although I love her red carpet look/audience look she just needs to translate that onto the stage) I honestly can't wait until Vegas ends :eeek:

2 minutes ago, BratzBitch said:

I'm not over this era, i'm over MM, all the shortcomings are related to MM :boredashell: I'm ready to move on to single #2 tbh 

I think mm still has a small chance. I'm just worried that if make me or her next single doesn't do well they will end the era and I really don't want that.

Archived