They thought Pretty Girls was a good idea then Karen Kwak came on board

blue.monopoly

Karen Kwak, the executive producer of “Glory,” came onboard after “Pretty Girls.” “[‘Pretty Girls’] wasn’t original,” she says.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/25/britney-spears-to-stage-comeback-at-site-of-her-most-public-failure/

Gives credence to fans that rant about Larry not knowing what he's doing. That Pretty Girls was once believed to be a good direction along with dropping the ball on the Make Me video. Not securing that the concept met with sponsors expectations or hiring the right director for the project. He'll never be fired but he should be.

:nothavingit:

Thoughts?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Brian♥Ryan said:

Pretty Girls was a great idea. I love it. Dust to you haters. It just needed promo and it's her best video since Perfume.  :wannadie:

It had the worst call out scores from radio ever. It was never going to happen. That they tried and that was the direction they were going in before RCA brought this a&r board says a lot.

25 minutes ago, blue.monopoly said:

Karen Kwak, the executive producer of “Glory,” came onboard after “Pretty Girls.” “[‘Pretty Girls’] wasn’t original,” she says.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/25/britney-spears-to-stage-comeback-at-site-of-her-most-public-failure/

Gives credence to fans that rant about Larry not knowing what he's doing. That Pretty Girls was once believed to be a good direction along with dropping the ball on the Make Me video. Not securing that the concept met with sponsors expectations or hiring the right director for the project. He'll never be fired but he should be.

:nothavingit:

Thoughts?

There are times I think he should be fired, but Britney would never fire him. He's beeing with her for her entire career and for better or worst, he knows her and as we read on that interview, he never pressures her into anything he basically does whatever she wants.

4 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

There are times I think he should be fired, but Britney would never fire him. He's beeing with her for her entire career and for better or worst, he knows her and as we read on that interview, he never pressures her into anything he basically does whatever she wants.

Wrong.

Britney's fired Larry twice before - once just after she married Kevin, and again in April 2007 when she was released from rehab.

It was Jamie who hired Larry back in February 2008, the moment the conservatorship went into effect. In fact, Britney was listed as a client on the Reign Deer Entertainment web site before she was even 5150'd for the second time in January 2008. I saw it myself. :janet:

She doesn't say anything about Larry in that article?

Oh wait that's your opinion. Yeah tbh I think Larry needs to go. IMO he's very much a product of the cship at this stage. They've done a lot of things right this year but nothing groundbreaking, a lot of agents could have arranged the promo for this era.

4 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Wrong.

Britney's fired Larry twice before - once just after she married Kevin, and again in April 2007 when she was released from rehab.

It was Jamie who hired Larry back in February 2008, the moment the conservatorship went into effect. In fact, Britney was listed as a client on the Reign Deer Entertainment web site before she was even 5150'd for the second time in January 2008. I saw it myself. :janet:

I know about those times, trust me. She would never fire him, I think it gives her comfort having someone that won't pressure her  to do things she might not want to do. 

28 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

She just gave him a shoutout in her album booklet. She will never fire him again. But the missteps that he is responsible for: Myah Jean being released, Will.i.am., Pretty Girls, Make Me video debacle, et al show that he should be. He is lucky she doesn't care much about success and sees this as her part time gig.

2 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

I know about those times, trust me. She would never fire him, I think it gives her comfort having someone that won't pressure her  to do things she might not want to do. 

There are a lot of newer fans that don't know that...or who aren't aware she's even under a conservatorship.

I've never been a fan of the cship, but the beauty of it is that it actually protects her from having a manager who won't pressure her to do things. So I'm never really sure if it's Larry being a good guy, or just Larry being forced to not pressure her by the existence of the cship judge.

Archived