They thought Pretty Girls was a good idea then Karen Kwak came on board

blue.monopoly

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thiers alot of people at fault for pretty girls flopping and it's not because of promo. First of the song was intended for little mix so the song sounded extra Disney channel, Iggy's vocals on the chorus kill the song she can't sing she sounded bad , the producers who made Britney sound like a robot, and Britney (i don't think she liked the song and just went with the Flo) and her management seemed lazy with the process it's like they put no effort into the song, no input and  just added Iggy cus they thought it would be a hit

35 minutes ago, BritneyGasoline said:

Pretty Girls could have been cool one year before the actual release… and Britney was not at her best in the video sadly… but the BBMA's performance is cute and the song is ok for a summer single. Just move on it's not that bad.

i totally agree with this tbh, the problem with PG was it should've been released in 2014 when Iggy was still popular and that sound was still in. They waited too long, the song is not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. 

5 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Thiers alot of people at fault for pretty girls flopping and it's not because of promo. First of the song was intended for little mix so the song sounded extra Disney channel, Iggy's vocals on the chorus kill the song she can't sing she sounded bad , the producers who made Britney sound like a robot, and Britney (i don't think she liked the song and just went with the Flo) and her management seemed lazy with the process it's like they put no effort into the song, no input and  just added Iggy cus they thought it would be a hit

Well I don't think much effort was put in because it was just a random single and there wasn't going to be an album for awhile, also Britey wanted to work with Iggy so I think that was honestly the whole point of the song

People want to give negative downvotes but were the same ******* loving Pretty Girls until it flopped! Now downvote that... I live for the music, not charts. You hoes would have loved it if it went #1 cause you were voting and gifting it trying to get it there. Fake *** just like Work *****, Britney Jean, and Make Me if it doesn't smash. Brian-Ryan is in the motherfuking house! :cominthru:

1 minute ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Well I don't think much effort was put in because it was just a random single and there wasn't going to be an album for awhile, also Britey wanted to work with Iggy so I think that was honestly the whole point of the song

Was it a random single? Or was it originally supposed to be the lead, as Iggy claimed?

Part of me will always wonder if they didn't ditch plans for the album until after PG flopped on the charts.

3 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Was it a random single? Or was it originally supposed to be the lead, as Iggy claimed?

Part of me will always wonder if they didn't ditch plans for the album until after PG flopped on the charts.

I don't really think Iggy knew what she was talking about tbh, I think B9 was still being actively worked on and they were trying out a bunch of things and PG was possibly a test single but I don't think in any way it was ever a lead for anything nor that she had finished an album before it. I mean Larry even said way before PG was released she was still at work on B9 and they would just release a couple singles in the mean time. 

1 minute ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I don't really think Iggy knew what she was talking about tbh, I think B9 was still being actively worked on and they were trying out a bunch of things and PG was possibly a test single but I don't think in any way it was ever a lead for anything nor that she had finished an album before it 

Larry made a comment at one point that the album was 80% complete...so yeah, it could have been a test single, to see what the response would be.

And then when it flopped they scrapped 100% of what they had. She recorded with Burns in October 2015, and apparently it was the first song for the "new" album. So there's a bunch of songs out there that will (thankfully?) never see the light of day.

6 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Larry made a comment at one point that the album was 80% complete...so yeah, it could have been a test single, to see what the response would be.

And then when it flopped they scrapped 100% of what they had. She recorded with Burns in October 2015, and apparently it was the first song for the "new" album. So there's a bunch of songs out there that will (thankfully?) never see the light of day.

He said it was 80% finished in February of this year 

I think in 2014 and early 2015 she was really just trying all sorts of things and then Karen was brought in to kinda help her focus it, I actually would love to hear some of the things she did in 2014/early 2015 I think it would be interesting......just like it's really interesting to hear stuff from the really early ITZ sessions 

"When we first started the project, I wasn't really happy," the pop star admitted. "That took about six months. Then we found an amazing girl who found me the most fun people to write with. Things started rolling. We made a good body of work."

http://www.etonline.com/news/196597_britney_spears_talks_carpool_karaoke_super_bowl_halftime_rumors_and_crushing_on_nfl_player/

It's not a stretch to assume the time period she is referring to is when Pretty Girls was concocted and released.

Just now, lustwecantcontrol said:

He said it was 80% finished in February of this year 

I think in 2014 and early 2015 she was really just trying all sorts of things and then Karen was brought in to kinda help her focus it, I actually would love to hear some of the things she did in 2014/early 2015 I think it would be interesting......just like it's really interesting to hear stuff fro the really early ITZ sessions 

It was February!

"Fellow female music icon Britney Spearsis about “80 percent done” with her new album, according to longtime manager Larry Rudolph."

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6882075/britney-spears-album-update-larry-rudolph-interview

That's five months or more between recording "Make Me" and Larry making those comments.

And ya, it would be interesting to hear those songs. I actually like Pretty Girls...it was just the video that messed it up. It was a very vapid song and needed a tongue-in-cheek video...but the video it got kinda missed the mark.

4 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

It was February!

"Fellow female music icon Britney Spearsis about “80 percent done” with her new album, according to longtime manager Larry Rudolph."

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6882075/britney-spears-album-update-larry-rudolph-interview

That's five months or more between recording "Make Me" and Larry making those comments.

And ya, it would be interesting to hear those songs. I actually like Pretty Girls...it was just the video that messed it up. It was a very vapid song and needed a tongue-in-cheek video...but the video it got kinda missed the mark.

No she had already recorded MM when he said that, she recorded MM in 2015 he said it was 80% finished in Feb 2016 during a pod cast  

I want a lot of Glory leftover to leak from both the early and late sessions 

4 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

No she had already recorded MM when he said that, she recorded MM in 2015 he said it was 80% finished in Feb 2016 during a pod cast  

I want a lot of Glory leftover to leak from both the early and late sessions 

That's what I'm saying too...Larry said it was 80% finished five months after she'd recorded MM.

But I read where they considered MM to be the "first" song recorded for the album...So there must have been a lot of songs recorded prior to MM that got scrapped if she'd been working on it for two or two and a half years.

3 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

That's what I'm saying too...Larry said it was 80% finished five months after she'd recorded MM.

But I read where they considered MM to be the "first" song recorded for the album...So there must have been a lot of songs recorded prior to MM that got scrapped if she'd been working on it for two or two and a half years.

Yeah I think she recorded a ton of material for tis album, I want a lot of it to leak especially from the later sessions.....I bet there are still so many great tracks that didn't make the final cut. Actually I was love if they did a Glory re-release next year but it won't happen I'm sure 

Just now, lustwecantcontrol said:

Yeah I think she recorded a ton of material for tis album, I want a lot of it to leak especially from the later sessions.....I bet there are still so many great tracks that didn't make the final cut. Actually I was love if they did a Glory re-release next year but it won't happen I'm sure 

I'd love a double album...kind of like what Gaga did with the Fame Monster. I remember that I had the original The Fame CD, but then got it again as a double when I bought the Fame Monster.

38 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I'd love a double album...kind of like what Gaga did with the Fame Monster. I remember that I had the original The Fame CD, but then got it again as a double when I bought the Fame Monster.

Yeah they could re-release the album with like an EP of like 6 tracks as a bonus disc and she could release a single from the EP......it could be titled like Glory In The Highest or Glory Au Plus Haut or something lol 

Archived