What did you guys expect with "Glory" ? I mean really... ?

RoyalStan85

I see the meltdowns all focused on "Glory" and how it's currently doing on the charts. All I have to say is WHAT IN THE WORLD did you expect? Britney is releasing an album off the heels of 2 really disappointing major releases. "Britney Jean" was tragic when you think about it.. 1 mild single & 1 complete flop single.. It was the worst of her entire career (even during her breakdown). The release of "Pretty Girls" only made things worse. "To us" the fans that love her we just see it as a misfire but to the majority of ppl it was a "Modonna Moment".. By that I mean it was Britney desperately trying to make up for "Britney Jean" by releasing a non age  appropriate song, trying to recapture the magic of a previous hit & then smacking Iggy on it (because at the time I'm sure they thought she was a hot ticket, lil did they know that Iggy was slowly becoming the most hated rapper on the planet)! 

Nobody is charging the gates for Glory & I'm not being mean it's just reality. I don't blame a lot of ppl for being cautious. This era is not as easy as the comeback in 2008. "The Comeback" ppl were salvating for & that hype lasted 2 eras until ppl just started to accept that Britney was back (but not quite). This Glory era is a "fight" era.. Not a desperate attempt to recapture era. We have to allow it to flow.. People are slowly coming back to Britney & by all counts everything looks as if ppl are really into it! 

"Glory" being released VMA weekend is an obvious marketing tool. In fact I think it's so big that it only goes to show you how much work they knew they had to do!! 

In closing, you guys really gotta get over the numbers.. This era just isn't gonna explode the way you think it will. I feel like it's going to burn.. A spark, a flame.. A growing spreading burn. Just enjoy the ride & enjoy seeing Britney do what Britney does best.. Show us new ways of how resilient she is. I mean already "Glory" is doing better than a lot thought it would. Be happy !!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, goincrazy4brit said:

well yeah britney jean and pretty flop girls damage her career for sure :mhmnod:

she needs to work really hard to get back what she's lost 

and that what she does :cigney:

hope for the best:britannoyed:

this :britannoyed:

4 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

It's number 1 worldwide you ******* flop:carpoolney:

it is, actually? :mhmnod:

receipts pls :mhmnod:

Answering for your question:

what we did expect with Glory?

i need to be honest, i didn't expected this slayage, publicity and this massive promo. Carpool, VMA's, Apple Music Festival, Iheart Festival, Make Me, Glory succes, etc.

No i didn't expected this after BJ and Pretty Girls.

So im extremely glad with this era, she is doing amazing with this album. She is back!

I think you're right sadly. We should all just accept that this album probably is not going to debut at #1, Britney and her team would have somehow need to make a lot of hype before this album in order for it to debut at #1 and with big numbers, and they really didn't do that. They mostly got billboard to write a lot of articles about Britney to hype it and that's about it. I mean the billboard performance back in May was GREAT, but did't have much of an impact. Make Me had good buzz, reviews and I've heard on the radio more than Work *****, Perfume, & Pretty Girls, but without promo and an attention-catching music video it just hasn't been able to climb to where it deserves. I'm hoping for a slow burn/build with this album but we'll see. I feel like until the residency is over (if it ever is) we're just not gonna get an era with really big numbers, and maybe she doesn't care about that anymore. At least we're got a really good album. I just don't know if they're going to do that many videos for this era and really try to push the album. 

If you look at all the other divas I would compare Britney to, in terms of sales and charts Britney is really doing pretty well. Beyonce is the only one doing a lot better, and that's because she is surprise dropping albums and making album films. If Britney did a music video for every single song on this album and surprise plopped it on iTunes I'm sure she could easily get a #1 debut too, but she's not. But look at Madonna, Janet, Mariah, Jennifer Lopez, Christina, none of them are scoring #1 hits or selling a million albums in a week. Even some of the younger girls being really succesful right now like Selena, Ariana and Demi have simlar or worse numbers and they're still really in the beginings of their careers. You can't really compare Britney to Rihanna, Taylor Swift, or Adele IMO, I mean Britney's been doing this for probably a decade more than them and look at where Britney was a decade into her career... the Circus era, which was very successful. If Britney really wants a #1 album and top ten hits right now, she would have to do a lot more I think, the industry has changed again and she can't get #1's out of nowhere like the Circus and Femme Fatale Eras. 

32 minutes ago, RoyalStan85 said:

I see the meltdowns all focused on "Glory" and how it's currently doing on the charts. All I have to say is WHAT IN THE WORLD did you expect? Britney is releasing an album off the heels of 2 really disappointing major releases. "Britney Jean" was tragic when you think about it.. 1 mild single & 1 complete flop single.. It was the worst of her entire career (even during her breakdown). The release of "Pretty Girls" only made things worse. "To us" the fans that love her we just see it as a misfire but to the majority of ppl it was a "Modonna Moment".. By that I mean it was Britney desperately trying to make up for "Britney Jean" by releasing a non age  appropriate song, trying to recapture the magic of a previous hit & then smacking Iggy on it (because at the time I'm sure they thought she was a hot ticket, lil did they know that Iggy was slowly becoming the most hated rapper on the planet)! 

Nobody is charging the gates for Glory & I'm not being mean it's just reality. I don't blame a lot of ppl for being cautious. This era is not as easy as the comeback in 2008. "The Comeback" ppl were salvating for & that hype lasted 2 eras until ppl just started to accept that Britney was back (but not quite). This Glory era is a "fight" era.. Not a desperate attempt to recapture era. We have to allow it to flow.. People are slowly coming back to Britney & by all counts everything looks as if ppl are really into it! 

"Glory" being released VMA weekend is an obvious marketing tool. In fact I think it's so big that it only goes to show you how much work they knew they had to do!! 

In closing, you guys really gotta get over the numbers.. This era just isn't gonna explode the way you think it will. I feel like it's going to burn.. A spark, a flame.. A growing spreading burn. Just enjoy the ride & enjoy seeing Britney do what Britney does best.. Show us new ways of how resilient she is. I mean already "Glory" is doing better than a lot thought it would. Be happy !!!!

I think i'm in love with you

21 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Well I think fans need to also realize that at this stage in her career (18 years) and at her age 34 she's not going to set the world on fire anymore because she's not the new hot thing anymore it's just the natural progression of things! She's still super successful though which says something about what a legend/icon she is! 

madonna was still relevant on early 2000 (confessions album was her most successful album) and she counted two decades into her career

Archived