What did you guys expect with "Glory" ? I mean really... ?

RoyalStan85

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyalStan85 said:

I see the meltdowns all focused on "Glory" and how it's currently doing on the charts. All I have to say is WHAT IN THE WORLD did you expect? Britney is releasing an album off the heels of 2 really disappointing major releases. "Britney Jean" was tragic when you think about it.. 1 mild single & 1 complete flop single.. It was the worst of her entire career (even during her breakdown). The release of "Pretty Girls" only made things worse. "To us" the fans that love her we just see it as a misfire but to the majority of ppl it was a "Modonna Moment".. By that I mean it was Britney desperately trying to make up for "Britney Jean" by releasing a non age  appropriate song, trying to recapture the magic of a previous hit & then smacking Iggy on it (because at the time I'm sure they thought she was a hot ticket, lil did they know that Iggy was slowly becoming the most hated rapper on the planet)! 

Nobody is charging the gates for Glory & I'm not being mean it's just reality. I don't blame a lot of ppl for being cautious. This era is not as easy as the comeback in 2008. "The Comeback" ppl were salvating for & that hype lasted 2 eras until ppl just started to accept that Britney was back (but not quite). This Glory era is a "fight" era.. Not a desperate attempt to recapture era. We have to allow it to flow.. People are slowly coming back to Britney & by all counts everything looks as if ppl are really into it! 

"Glory" being released VMA weekend is an obvious marketing tool. In fact I think it's so big that it only goes to show you how much work they knew they had to do!! 

In closing, you guys really gotta get over the numbers.. This era just isn't gonna explode the way you think it will. I feel like it's going to burn.. A spark, a flame.. A growing spreading burn. Just enjoy the ride & enjoy seeing Britney do what Britney does best.. Show us new ways of how resilient she is. I mean already "Glory" is doing better than a lot thought it would. Be happy !!!!

Totally agree! Very well said!:truthtea:

44 minutes ago, goincrazy4brit said:

madonna was still relevant on early 2000 (confessions album was her most successful album) and she counted two decades into her career

Yes but I general an artists popularity begins to fall off a bit so far into their  career, Mariah started to struggle around the 18th/19th year in her career as well 

5 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Yes but I general an artists popularity begins to fall off a bit so far into their  career, Mariah started to struggle around the 18th/19th year in her career as well 

Before, actually. Mariahs career began in 90 and in 01 her movie's soundtrack was a big big flop. Then in late 2002 she released the first studio album since rainbow (99), charmbracelet and was a lil bit fiasco. (in comparison, Britney in 2011 - 13 years into her career - had a excellent Era with ff with 3 big hits ww.) Then in 2005 mariah was back in full force with the emancipation of Miami. At the time she was 15 years into her career.

In 2008 with touch my body she was 18 yrs into her career and had her last big hit and number one. But the album sold poorly tho. 

I don't really care about sales tbh.  But Glory deserves to get some success tbh.  It showcases something I haven't seen from Britney in a while.

Britney Jean has some good songs, but overall as an album it's just......

And Pretty Girls.....idk

Glory has top notch production as a whole and you can tell this is what a "Britney" record is.  And I want the world to be able to know that.

7 hours ago, goincrazy4brit said:

madonna was still relevant on early 2000 (confessions album was her most successful album) and she counted two decades into her career

Madonnas 1st single was released in 82.

In 92 she released erotica and people kinda boycotted. It sold 6m at the time, it was considered a flop bc back then 6m was nothing to someone like madonna that used to sell 15-25m since like a virgin. Even her debut sold more than erotica. In 94 bedtimes stories Also didn't do so well like her previous before erotica, it sold +7m.

Confessions was a big Era for her, it sold +12m and it had a big tour, big hits, but do not forget that in 2003 American life did not chart too well. It sold 5m copies and at the time it was considered her biggest flop. Her songs didn't do well on charts. 

Her biggest selling album was true blue in 86. It sold more than 25m copies. 

13 minutes ago, Believe232 said:

People tell me all of the time "I didn't know she's still doing music" when I tell them she realesed a new album

I think people are just trolling bc i bet they heard work ***** and that was not so long ago :tiffeyeroll:

I'm really proud of Britney!  I didn't have any expectations for Glory.  I had super high hopes for Britney Jean...so I had readjusted my expectations for this one.  All I care about is whether the music is fun, if Britney's happy, and if she is having a good time on her tours.  As a fan, that makes me most happy.  And I LOVE Glory.  Absolutely love it.

Archived