[THEORY] GLORY is telling us a story?

DougieTheArtist

Hey guys! I was analyzing the songs, i heard them more than 30 times i think, and they kinda tell a story FOR ME.

AGAIN This is just a theory i created to have fun, some  things may have sense and some of them may not, so pls do not be rude after you read it, and if you didnt read it then dont even waste your time commenting here, thank you :bwink:

I'll tell the story that MAY be behind each track, along with some explanation in some of them (i wrote the original thing in portuguese so if i misspell anything i'm sorry)

:gelis:
1 - Invitation

Not only Britney is inviting us to get inside the new album, she is also starting the story timeline. At this point, Britney is on a relationship, she is completely and deeply in love with a guy and invites him to be her's. She's not about maybe's, only about Yes Or No as the song says.

:TOMH:
2 - Make Me..

She is a busy woman, she travels a lot, and because of that her relationship starts to crumble. She tries to keep the relation alive and with the same heat as before, seducing the man of her dreams, the she can't stop thinking about even with distance. She gives him the reasons they have to be together. I could realise this while reading the lyrics "Friday/I'm dreaming a mile away 'bout somebody" and on g-eazy verse "Staring at you til I'm caught in this/ Back and forth like this was all tennis". This also makes sense if you remember the original concept of the music video where she was married but the relationship was starting to fall apart and she meets this guy from the suburbs.

:werk:
3 - Private Show

Now that she's with the suburbs guy, she is trying to get him into her life, giving him a night of pleasure, "a private show". She is in love with this new guy, she feels new and fresh, but the guy didnt wanted anything more than ***. 

:crying4:
4 - Man On The Moon

The day after their little *** party, she wakes up and finds no one at her side, but yet she doesnt believe what's happening and stay hopeful that the guy will come back. (" Last night I was in your arms so strong / One small step and, baby, you were gone" i think these make pretty much sense). She created this illusion that the guy ran away because of her, but still want him to come back. (" Drinking alone in my party dress / Would you come back if I looked my best? / Put on a smile and I said to myself / Patience, darling, wait for the night").

:sipney:
5 - Just Luv Me

She finally realises that she was abandoned and do what anyone would do in this situation : get drunk. Her ex (the one she abandoned before to go out with the suburban guy) find her in this situation, she is ashamed and tries to apologize. (" You could ask me for a sorry / Like the calm before the storm / Ask for pieces of my body / Until all of it is yours" along with "When I'm breaking / All I need is your love / And a little bit of patience")

:cooltshirt:
6 - Clumsy

She's back with her ex and is learning how to love again, feeling "clumsy" due to the past events. "Call me a fool, call me insane". She knows she is better with him, and prefer staying close to him than far away.

:messbye:
7 - Do You Wanna Come Over?

She is back to the normal state of her relationship, and this time she's not planning to commit the same mistakes, she wants to live with her partner, be his right arm. ( Say you feel alone / That your day was the baddest / Tellin' me you can't sleep because of your mattress [...] Let me rub your back / You can set limitations / Honey if you want we can get out frustrations / Do you wanna come over? Just let me know ) She wants him to meet her new "me", inviting him to trust her, proving that she changed her mind.

:hype:
8 - Slumber Party

Before she has a business trip, Britney gives him a fun night, dancing their favorite songs, just like "a slumber party". It's the best night of her life and she doesnt want to ruin any moment of it, so she just relax, chill and enjoy it.

:icant2:
9 - Just Like Me

Everything turns in a plot twist, she is just getting back from her trip and catches him cheating on her, and worse : with a girl that JUST LOOKS LIKE HER! You can just read the whole song lyrics because it tells everything that happened in this part of the story.

:byebitch:
10 - Love Me Down

Even after the cheating act, she still trying to keep their relationship alive. But that doesnt have much success : " You say we don't talk anymore but /  I'm thinking we talk too much / Whenever we speak we fight so [...] Round and round we go 'til we fall like dominoes / Oh no". The music talks about two moments in this part of the story, in the second verse she sings about the part she is trying to keep the relation going ( I see who you are with the lights out / We're better just skin to skin / I'm treating you real, real nice now / We'll finish and start again ) and in the first verse she sings about how it won't work anymore.

:lollistare:
11 - Hard To Forget Ya

Now that she's single (again), she moves on and meet a new guy. He is making her addicted to him, she just can't forget about him. She is in love again : "There's something 'bout you / Nobody can do it as good / I keep running right back to you". She can't do anything about it so she just give up her desires and go ahead.

:ahhh:
12 - What You Need

She is feeling more confident about herself, she knows what to do and her important role in the relationship, and is trying to make her lover know about it, while trying to keep the relation alive so it wouldn't end as the others. ("One time just ain't enough / Won't let this fade")

:brit2016:
13 - Better

Now she is giving her whole body, soul and love to the guy, it's the part they get to meet each other's body, knowing the limits of their love. ("And I know / When you know somebody / And they know your body / It's so much better") This is a very ****** song after you get into the idea of it, so it kinda makes sense to me.

:gimmemoar:
14 -  Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

Britney is ready to go ahead in the relationship (marriage? living together? many possibilities) and the guy doesn't want to step out of his comfort zone. He is being a classy old-times guy, that wants to wait for the right moment and all that bullsh*t we all heard about many times, but Britney is impatient and want it as soon as possible. ("
Know you tryna be a gentleman / Trying to impress / Tryna be the best, specimen [...] And don't get me wrong, I appreciate you / And don't get me wrong, I really do / And don't get me wrong, but I'm tired of waiting / Say you don't wanna cross the line / But I'ma make you change your mind") No Seas Cortes means Don't be polite, so it makes sense.

:fu:
15 - Liar

After getting married, she is over the past relationships and is finally truly happy. But a ghost from her past (her ex that cheated on her) come back to her telling lies, saying that he changed and bla bla bla, he is begging for her sorry and want her back. (" Baby cry, cry, cry / You ain't fooling anyone / You know I know that you know I know / That you're a liar, a liar") As  you can see, Britney is totally over this situation and is not giving any ***** about him, she doesn't care about his problems and neither about his "love".

:makesomenoise:
16 - If I'm Dancing

This is the Britney we know, she found fulfillment and is totally happy, all she wants is to dance and be herself, theres nothing she would change. She is doing what she loves, with her love by her side.

:waitwhat:
17 - Coupure Électrique

Here she is ending the story, the same way it started : she is in love with a guy, being happy with him and only cares about him. It creates a loop if you stop to think about it. And so she ends the album as a blackout. ("A moment with you / In the dark / As a blackout / You're light")

PS THIS STORY HAVE NO RELATION WITH BRITNEY'S PERSONAL LIFE AT ALL, IT WAS CREATED FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY.

I hope you guys like it! Tell me what you think of it, and if you think something doesnt make any sense (at all) tell me in the comments and i'll edit the post with your opinion.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

Wow, it does make sense. All this time I just thought Britney is just a lonely ***** girl and thats why she picked these songs. I do think it somewhat ties into her personal life. Britney always have songs that reflect what shes personally feeling or going through at the moment even though she doesnt claim so.

Wow, it does make sense. All this time I just thought Britney is just a lonely ***** girl and thats why she picked these songs. I do think it somewhat ties into her personal life. Britney always have songs that reflect what shes personally feeling or going through at the moment even though she doesnt claim so.

Absolutely, her personal life was kinda like that in the past few years, so it makes sense the album talks about that.

That very very cool and cute :)

And I too was thinking how glory is a looped album, with a perfect intro and outro :bwink:

Thank you!

'Glory's story in 3 words: Brinny wantz *** :jumpney:

I kid...I agree with you. The album definitely can be seen as having a narrative structure that aligns with Britney over the last few years. There was obviously great care taken with this album (and your write up, I might add). What's great, is that we once again have an album that sounds like it has a story to tell...ITZ and Blackout feel like chapters in Britney's life. Glory feels like it reflects Britney's current chapter. I think that's what makes this album so extra special for fans.

'Glory's story in 3 words: Brinny wantz *** :jumpney:

I kid...I agree with you. The album definitely can be seen as having a narrative structure that aligns with Britney over the last few years. There was obviously great care taken with this album (and your write up, I might add). What's great, is that we once again have an album that sounds like it has a story to tell...ITZ and Blackout feel like chapters in Britney's life. Glory feels like it reflects Britney's current chapter. I think that's what makes this album so extra special for fans.

Thanks a lot, i appreciate your opinion:kisses2all:

Great read! I think the track sequence definitely tells a story too!

Thank you :hype:

Which song is which guy? 

Theres only 3 guys in the whole story, she starts with number 1 (invitation to make me), then leave him and go with the 2 that only wanted *** (make me tojust luv me), then she's back with the 1 but he cheats on her (just luv me to just like me) and she goes with the 3rd guy and thats the one she ends the album ( hard to forget ya to coupure électrique ) :arianabye:

Archived