Im so ******* pissed and angry right now...

The Greatest Show

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Zulu Spears said:

This comment though:

"**** social media for making talent-less people famous"

Dumb *******, inbred hick. Britney got famous before the advent of social media.

Slay me with that stupidity :scalped:

He's probably 13 or something :mj:

TBH I don't even bother myself with reading online comments nowadays. Everybody can write everything. People who feel the urge to bash her every step of the way must have some big personal issues.
I often watch and listen to things other artist do that I despise/don't like/think they're cringy and I don't leave any bad comments. :yaknow: 
I still care about BArmy opinion (even though some of you guys are ******* morons :whitneyshade:), because her fans are the people who know the whole story behind every picture,video,song or performance. We are not influenced by how media interpret her looks and behaviour.

Ok don't crucify me but I understand what they're saying in a more positive way.

Britney's impact was so closely tied to her whole brand. She constantly pushed the envelope in terms of the persona of the modern pop star with sexuality, girl next door identity, small town talent show girl to Disney star to school symbol. She's always been a cultural icon. She pushed the boat out on young female performances.

For people who missed that I can understand why they struggle with it. It's so closely linked with the time she came out and the reactions that were thrown her way.

Her voice is unique but it's in no way a strong voice and she has lip synced an unprecedented amount of her career. Like britney probably sang live on less than 5% of her performances ever.

Her dancing is **** and she has an awesome stage presence but he routines aren't intensive dances. They have always been posey, hair whipping and shimmying. Yes she has some great dance breaks but she's definitely not an all out dancer by the GP standards. In the oops performance let's be honest, there's no routine... Her and her dancers  share pretty much zero moves, it's all energetic shimmying and pulling shapes.

Brit's key moments always came from the spark of a school girl outfit, a strip tease, a snake, a lesbian kiss, a meltdown, a rare live vocal, an outrageous costume, an insanely good video, awesome staging and props. Britney's value as a singer and performer relies on the whole package and she's always been open about that. Critics have said from day 1 she doesn't have the cockiness  Madonna or the voice of Beyoncé or the dancing or Ciara or the 2000-ish pop boys or the writing ability of whoever but it never hindered her success. Critics need to compare Britney to someone to categorise to try and make sense of her act because she is so different to every their pop star.

I think all this coupled with Brit's story as the sweet girl who found success, was hugely exploited, disconnected completely between her on stage and off stage persona, was torn apart by the media and slowly tried to rebuild herself is what makes her so interesting. There's something so poetic and tragic and catching about her narrative.

Wow I just wrote a ******* essay. I really am too high haha

:orly:

1 hour ago, Mani911 said:

He's probably 13 or something :mj:

TBH I don't even bother myself with reading online comments nowadays. Everybody can write everything. People who feel the urge to bash her every step of the way must have some big personal issues.
I often watch and listen to things other artist do that I despise/don't like/think they're cringy and I don't leave any bad comments. :yaknow: 
I still care about BArmy opinion (even though some of you guys are ******* morons :whitneyshade:), because her fans are the people who know the whole story behind every picture,video,song or performance. We are not influenced by how media interpret her looks and behaviour.

If he's old enough to say, "****" then he's old enough to be cut down to size. My 13 year old self would never. Totally agree with the rest of what you said though.

I think we all need to learn not to care what anyone thinks and to never let anyone ruin your joy. Not only when it comes to Britney and your fandoms, but in life.

even if you are the only one on the whole earth who likes sometimes, so be it. Who cares. 

Why do you need other peoples validation and confirmation. Humans are a nasty greedy, and shallow, violent species. Who cares what they think. It seems even like everything that is underrated and misunderstood is actually the best haha.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
1 hour ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Her dancing is **** and she has an awesome stage presence but he routines aren't intensive dances. They have always been posey, hair whipping and shimmying. Yes she has some great dance breaks but she's definitely not an all out dancer by the GP standards. In the oops performance let's be honest, there's no routine... Her and her dancers  share pretty much zero moves, it's all energetic shimmying and pulling shapes.

People think Beyonce is a good dancer, yet she wouldn't be able to do half of Britney's choreographies. :orangu: Britney's dancing has always been quite difficult, but because she is a technically trained dancer, she made it seems simple. That's how you recognize a good dancer. When you really try it though, you can't master most of her choreographies unless you spend a few weeks working on it. And that's only if you're already a bit familiar with dancing.

3 hours ago, XtinaBrit said:

I would say that I am a very critical fan. I critisize Britney a lot and looking back I havnt always been fair BUT  Britneys 2001 VMA performance is not only one of the best in VMA history but in history in generall. She looked stunning, the choreo was fluid and beautiful and the song was fabuous too. So when Oh no they didnt posted it I went into the comment section expecting praise and compliments. A lot of the comments were positive but there were a lot of really negative comments on there and it really upset me. That was a great performance and I cant understand how some people cant appreciate it? Look at her?? It was glorious. Im so sad and angry right now. Who at the moment can do what she did back then??

Untitled_17.jpg

******* LOOK AT HER!!!

normal_XRAY_FWI_HQ_284729.jpgnormal_XRAY_VMA01_28629.jpgnormal_XRAY_VMA01_281229.jpg

normal_XRAY_FWI_HQ_283329.jpgnormal_XRAY_FIRSTADDS_28429.jpgnormal_197E103.jpg

Link ?

8 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

People think Beyonce is a good dancer, yet she wouldn't be able to do half of Britney's choreographies. :orangu:

Britney's dancing has always been quite difficult, but because she is a technically trained dancer, she made it seems simple. That's how you recognize a good dancer. When you really try it though, you can't master most of her choreographies unless you spend a few weeks working on it. 

I do agree, Beyonce's enthusiastic energy gives the illusion of dancing.

I think Brit's choreo was always very specific, it's always been very arm and posey and controlled that's why people think she's stiff. Her performances are very regimented. Plus she does a lot of walki or prop interaction between dance breaks in a lot of her performances which people pick on.

4 minutes ago, Hypnotherapy said:

I do agree, Beyonce's enthusiastic energy gives the illusion of dancing.

I think Brit's choreo was always very specific, it's always been very arm and posey and controlled that's why people think she's stiff. Her performances are very regimented. Plus she does a lot of walki or prop interaction between dance breaks in a lot of her performances which people pick on.

Beyonce has to use a lot of energy, or her moves would look like something a 10 years old can do and it would be ridiculous.

But Primeney's dancing was less energetic because it was way harder. 

Archived