What Don't Exhale Want Britney To Grow As A Artist?

OCBoy1985

54 minutes ago, cho said:

I agree with you but let me tell you some hard factssss

a lot of people hate down-tempo songs and will switch the station/not listen if a slo jam comes on while they're driving or they're looking for something to really grab their attention

now in the case of someone like Adele, well...Adele is purely a vocalist, she's not really a performer. This isn't to say she can't perform live very well - she can and she does, but she doesn't deliver the showmanship that Britney does. You're not going to see her doing hard CHOREO or bringing people up from the audience to dance with them or using the whole stage and making it her b i t c h. But that's okay! Adele is primarily a vocalist and she delivers those vocals.

if Britney were to come out and do an intimate LIVE VOCAL of some of these more downtempo tracks, I think people would be thoroughly impressed. Look at lady Gaga, look at Kesha. I personally didn't like Kesha's little bob Dylan thing but a lot of people were impressed by her vocal abilities with a more subdued song.

if Britney wants to change direction, I want to be onboard but you know darn well that the GP is just waiting to jump down her back and say, "boring song, no live vocal performance, low energy choreography? What the heck is going on here!?" 

If she's going to bring it, I personally want her to bring it hard and reinvent herself completely. Come out and give people something to talk about. We know she's good at high energy club bangers because she is a bomb performer and that's what she usually does best and what she did best during her "primeney" era. I worry that downtempo tracks are going to leave her somewhere in between amazing new experimental vocally-driven tracks and lackluster, unfocused performances with no real sense of WOW factor.

britney is the queen of the wow factor. She needs to bring it!

I'm sure she will she has some performances coming up so we'll see ... I think she's gonna do really good at IHeart and I'm hoping she does the VMAs and WOW is all! 

This album could get her another Grammy but the competition is gonna be thick at next yr Grammys ... They normally love when artists does stuff outta they comfort zone ... That's how Madonna got hers with ROL

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Glory is a step in the right direction, but her lack of promo and the terrible choices she and her team make about her career only have negative consequences most of the time. The album cover is hated by most fans - so easy to change. The MV is a mess - so easy to just release the proper one. The Q&As are pointless - why can't she just answer real questions with real answers not scripted crap? Happy with the music, happy with some of the promo (Carpool Karaoke - FFney and BJney would nevah!!!), happy that she seems happier and looks amazing, but everything else is messy this era. 

34 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Clumsy is clearly posed to be a fun filler album track & nothing more.

Nah most want her to work with him cause they know if him & Brit get together ... It's pretty much a guaranteed hit without much work ... He's there safe card and Brits too TBH 

I love his work he's brilliant it's no denying that! However I don't want her to work with him cause everybody in Pop as some in R&B are working with him right now. Hes way overused right now and Britney has worked with him on 5 outta 8 albums so far ( not counting Glory) so I think he can sit this and the next album out ... I feel like she won't grow as a artist if she's always working with Max & the industry will think she does for the easy hits.

Max is MIA on In The Zone and Blackout her BEST work/albums so that tells U she don't need him!

She also won a Grammy without his help too!

You nailed it again!  I have all Britney's albums, but ITZ & BO are my absolute favorites!!  They are freaking brilliant pieces of art.  I was telling my friend the other day, that Glory reminds me so much of the ITZ era.  Not the musicality on ITZ but the energy, drive, passion, experimentation and just all around spark and vibrancy that she has right now.  It really shows.  You can FEEL how happy she is.  The music for me right now is jaw-dropping.  ln the way I felt when I first heard Breathe On Me MATM (especially that dance break )  or "Gimmie More." That thing that only Britney can do, she's serving it in epic proportions, and even if you are a "closet follower" of her as an artist, you know it's the truth. lol

8 minutes ago, missmonroe said:

You nailed it again!  I have all Britney's albums, but ITZ & BO are my absolute favorites!!  They are freaking brilliant pieces of art.  I was telling my friend the other day, that Glory reminds me so much of the ITZ era.  Not the musicality on ITZ but the energy, drive, passion, experimentation and just all around spark and vibrancy that she has right now.  It really shows.  You can FEEL how happy she is.  The music for me right now is jaw-dropping.  ln the way I felt when I first heard Breathe On Me or "Gimmie More." That thing that only Britney can do, she's serving it in epic proportions, and even if you are a "closet follower" of her as an artist, you know it's the truth. lol

PS gave me chills when I really got a chance to listen to it ... Those vocals SLAYED me and I love the bridge and the outro ... Such a EPIC song!

This album is giving me ITZ with its **** R&B vibes and I'm loving it ... I have a feeling it just might top those 2 albums!

Hey call me fool call me insane but I really think it just might! :BBMAney:

11 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

PS gave me chills when I really got a chance to listen to it ... Those vocals SLAYED me and I love the bridge and the outro ... Such a EPIC song!

This album is giving me ITZ with its **** R&B vibes and I'm loving it ... I have a feeling it just might top those 2 albums!

Hey call me fool call me insane but I really think it just might! :BBMAney:

Yep.  Exactly.  It would not surprise me if it did top them.  The music is complete and total slayage. lol

I think Glory and forward is going to be a more in control again Britney. I felt like BJ and first two years of Vegas was a weird transition period and she's finally found her rhythm. So excited!

performance wise I can see Make Me having a Breathe on Me/TOMH kind of performance. Which the GP has yet to really see from Britney. I'm fine with her not promoting like crazy cause that means when she does , she goes hard

I want her to work with Max Martin because all the songs she has done with him are masterpieces and very "popish" (I don't like urban much, that's why ITZ is my least fav album), and not only because they were huge hits (If U Seek Amy, BOMT, HIAM, Oops, Stronger, Overprotected, TTWE, Criminal, Inside Out...) :kisses2all:

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, cho said:

I agree with you but let me tell you some hard factssss

a lot of people hate down-tempo songs and will switch the station/not listen if a slo jam comes on while they're driving or they're looking for something to really grab their attention

now in the case of someone like Adele, well...Adele is purely a vocalist, she's not really a performer. This isn't to say she can't perform live very well - she can and she does, but she doesn't deliver the showmanship that Britney does. You're not going to see her doing hard CHOREO or bringing people up from the audience to dance with them or using the whole stage and making it her b i t c h. But that's okay! Adele is primarily a vocalist and she delivers those vocals.

if Britney were to come out and do an intimate LIVE VOCAL of some of these more downtempo tracks, I think people would be thoroughly impressed. Look at lady Gaga, look at Kesha. I personally didn't like Kesha's little bob Dylan thing but a lot of people were impressed by her vocal abilities with a more subdued song.

if Britney wants to change direction, I want to be onboard but you know darn well that the GP is just waiting to jump down her back and say, "boring song, no live vocal performance, low energy choreography? What the heck is going on here!?" 

If she's going to bring it, I personally want her to bring it hard and reinvent herself completely. Come out and give people something to talk about. We know she's good at high energy club bangers because she is a bomb performer and that's what she usually does best and what she did best during her "primeney" era. I worry that downtempo tracks are going to leave her somewhere in between amazing new experimental vocally-driven tracks and lackluster, unfocused performances with no real sense of WOW factor.

britney is the queen of the wow factor. She needs to bring it!

Exhibit A. :yaknow:

Reading your post makes me feel like I'm in a corporate meeting. :whitneyshade:

1 hour ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

It's because three quarters of Exhale grew up on Dr. Luke's music. 

They've never experienced "organic" sounding pop music before. :ehidk:

I see and I feel bad for them TBH LOL

I grew up on 90s music possibly the BEST most diverse decade in music!!

34 minutes ago, DaddySayzee said:

I think Glory and forward is going to be a more in control again Britney. I felt like BJ and first two years of Vegas was a weird transition period and she's finally found her rhythm. So excited!

performance wise I can see Make Me having a Breathe on Me/TOMH kind of performance. Which the GP has yet to really see from Britney. I'm fine with her not promoting like crazy cause that means when she does , she goes hard

I can see that too for the MM performance too!

The last couple albums she wasn't really in the best place so her career was of course gonna reflect that.

Like U said for here on out she's going to get better & better both as a artist & performer ... Makes U really excited for what's to come!

I feel like the BBMAs was only the beginning & was a perfect way to show everyone how much she's improve & she's only going to get better!

32 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

I want her to work with Max Martin because all the songs she has done with him are masterpieces and very "popish" (I don't like urban much, that's why ITZ is my least fav album), and not only because they were huge hits (If U Seek Amy, BOMT, HIAM, Oops, Stronger, Overprotected, TTWE, Criminal, Inside Out...) :kisses2all:

OMG I have never heard anyone call ITZ they least fav from Brit, it's ideally their fav along with BO.

Im in total shock right now R&Bney SLAYS ... I think U need time out & go & see the light LOL

2 hours ago, joey4228 said:

I don't see many people complain about the new music tbh? Most people seem to like it.

I'd like some songs with Max Martin though tbh, they always come up with great songs. Just 1 or 2, it doesn't have the be a whole album with Max Martin tracks.

The Make Me video however is another story.

tumblr_m9ywfsdxqt1r9dhlfo2_500.gif

Sis he hates the gays. Enough with David Archuga

9 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Exhibit A. :yaknow:

Reading your post makes me feel like I'm in a corporate meeting. :whitneyshade:

...I can't decide if you're mad or not, but it sounds like you're mad. :xcuseme:

someone else in this thread said they'd be embarrassed to see her lip it all diring an era of downtempos and I agree...

11 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

After BJ we all needed a change. 

The only issue with slower songs is honestly the lipping. I would be more down with mid tempos in the future if she is capable of a great performance. It's embarrassing watching her sit there and lip. 

It will be interesting to see performances of MM because it will be good or really bad. 

Can you blame fans for wanting to see her fully commit to anything, be it the groundbreaking pop performer legacy she has built, or an entirely new and experimental direction? 

I'm all for her going off the deep end with something new or wading in the shallow end with which she is more familiar, but I think she is far more capable than just treading water aimlessly somewhere in between. 

I think blindly praising mediocrity from her team and "safe"/forgettable choices is an insult to her legacy and her potential as an artist. She is so much more than safe and boring, regardless of what she chooses to do.  

Take that to the boardroom if you'd like, I guess  :cigney: But I think it's far more "corporate" to keep her wings clipped with songs that aren't too fast, aren't too slow, won't take too much dancing and will still probably be lipped, "safe" music videos, "safe" familiar imagery, etc. 

and you think I'm the one...? :dontlike: k

6 hours ago, cho said:

...I can't decide if you're mad or not, but it sounds like you're mad. :xcuseme:

someone else in this thread said they'd be embarrassed to see her lip it all diring an era of downtempos and I agree...

Can you blame fans for wanting to see her fully commit to anything, be it the groundbreaking pop performer legacy she has built, or an entirely new and experimental direction? 

I'm all for her going off the deep end with something new or wading in the shallow end with which she is more familiar, but I think she is far more capable than just treading water aimlessly somewhere in between. 

I think blindly praising mediocrity from her team and "safe"/forgettable choices is an insult to her legacy and her potential as an artist. She is so much more than safe and boring, regardless of what she chooses to do.  

Take that to the boardroom if you'd like, I guess  :cigney: But I think it's far more "corporate" to keep her wings clipped with songs that aren't too fast, aren't too slow, won't take too much dancing and will still probably be lipped, "safe" music videos, "safe" familiar imagery, etc. 

and you think I'm the one...? :dontlike: k

I'm not sure what is directed all to me.

I love Britney's ****** image! It's what attracted me to her and her music.

That being said, I wouldn't be against topic songs or story based songs. 

That's personally what I get out of the experimenting part. MM is an insult to her past videoes. Perfume was a hiccup but it did its job for the time. 

I'm all over the place with this post. 

2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I'm not sure what is directed all to me.

I love Britney's ****** image! It's what attracted me to her and her music.

That being said, I wouldn't be against topic songs or story based songs. 

That's personally what I get out of the experimenting part. MM is an insult to her past videoes. Perfume was a hiccup but it did its job for the time. 

I'm all over the place with this post. 

I was just quoting you saying you didn't like the idea of lipping through downtempo tracks but I'm getting dragged to hell all over this thread so I'm sorry 

Archived