What Don't Exhale Want Britney To Grow As A Artist?

OCBoy1985

:walkonby:

So I keep seeing I want her to work with Max Martin so she can get a no1 hit or I want a club banger for lead or 2nd single (Just Love Me & is too slow) this that etc etc.

Britney can't grow as a artist if she keeps doing the same ole thing every album/era & working with Max just cause she knows she'll easily get a hit.

I applaud her for stepping outta her comfort zone with this album (going by what we heard so far) and doing new things ... I mean that's the whole part of being a artist I thought!

Shes making the BEST music she has in a long time and she sounds really great and for some it's still not good enough. Private Show is so different from what she done she took a risk and it paid off she sounds amazing and who would thought she had some soul in her? Her soulful vocals on Private Show and she showed so much range and technique on that song and most of the army hates her vocals on the song ... Nevermind every outlet and critic praised her vocals and I played people the song who also praised her vocals on PS and al the new songs (JLM too)

We are about to get her BEST album since ITZ:BO and a album with probably her best vocals since Opps and all Exhale can do is complain about not getting club bangers :whitneyshade:

Aside from the video debacle everything is perfect so far imho Britney is healthy and happy and passionate about music and performing again!

She looks the best she has ever right now! :BBMAney:

She also got her confidence back performing at award shows and all that again and her performance skills are getting better and better and we're getting quality music and have a new album coming in 2wks and who knows what else she has in stored let's all focus on the positive things like Britney said and not the things we can't change!! :smokney2:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

Pure pop Britney will always be my favorite. That is why I like Max.

Im all up for new things though. I like the direction she took this album. 

I do too and Britney herself has been trying to do this album for a while now however some fans can only think of "they" wants!

R&B Brit will always be my fav however so will Pop Brit because when I became a fan in 99 that's what she was doing!

I just like her trying new things and stepping outta her comfort zone and not releasing the usual club banger she known to do for her leads .... She sounds really great on all the songs so far so I'm stoked!

personally, i think people are exaggerating how "different" this music is. there's nothing more daring about clumsy for example than there would be about a max martin track except max would never write a song without a chorus, so she would have been better filling in that spot on the album with a max track. i don't consider a song like clumsy to be growth in any way. i suppose songs like make me and private show have qualities about them that set them apart from past work but thus far i don't necessarily consider this to be an experimental album. that being said, i like everything outside of clumsy that i've heard so far and i'm glad britney is proud of this album but i'm sure fans say she should have worked with max because these fans simply love his work. some do and some don't, that's how it goes.

I agree with you but let me tell you some hard factssss

a lot of people hate down-tempo songs and will switch the station/not listen if a slo jam comes on while they're driving or they're looking for something to really grab their attention

now in the case of someone like Adele, well...Adele is purely a vocalist, she's not really a performer. This isn't to say she can't perform live very well - she can and she does, but she doesn't deliver the showmanship that Britney does. You're not going to see her doing hard CHOREO or bringing people up from the audience to dance with them or using the whole stage and making it her b i t c h. But that's okay! Adele is primarily a vocalist and she delivers those vocals.

if Britney were to come out and do an intimate LIVE VOCAL of some of these more downtempo tracks, I think people would be thoroughly impressed. Look at lady Gaga, look at Kesha. I personally didn't like Kesha's little bob Dylan thing but a lot of people were impressed by her vocal abilities with a more subdued song.

if Britney wants to change direction, I want to be onboard but you know darn well that the GP is just waiting to jump down her back and say, "boring song, no live vocal performance, low energy choreography? What the heck is going on here!?" 

If she's going to bring it, I personally want her to bring it hard and reinvent herself completely. Come out and give people something to talk about. We know she's good at high energy club bangers because she is a bomb performer and that's what she usually does best and what she did best during her "primeney" era. I worry that downtempo tracks are going to leave her somewhere in between amazing new experimental vocally-driven tracks and lackluster, unfocused performances with no real sense of WOW factor.

britney is the queen of the wow factor. She needs to bring it!

4 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I do too and Britney herself has been trying to do this album for a while now however some fans can only think of what "they" wants!

R&B Brit will always be my fav however so will Pop Brit because when I became a fan in 99 that's what she was doing!

I just like her trying new things and stepping outta her comfort zone and not releasing the usual club banger she known to do for her leads .... She sounds really great on all the songs so far so I'm stoked!

After BJ we all needed a change. 

The only issue with slower songs is honestly the lipping. I would be more down with mid tempos in the future if she is capable of a great performance. It's embarrassing watching her sit there and lip. 

It will be interesting to see performances of MM because it will be good or really bad. 

9 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

personally, i think people are exaggerating how "different" this music is. there's nothing more daring about clumsy for example than there would be about a max martin track except max would never write a song without a chorus, so she would have been better filling in that spot on the album with a max track. i don't consider a song like clumsy to be growth in any way. i suppose songs like make me and private show have qualities about them that set them apart from past work but thus far i don't necessarily consider this to be an experimental album. that being said, i like everything outside of clumsy that i've heard so far and i'm glad britney is proud of this album but i'm sure people say she should have worked with max because some people simply love his work. some do and some don't, that's how it goes.

Everyone will have their opinion, but in many ways I find clumsy to be quite different for Britney. The song itself stands as sounding different, minus the heavy beat in the non-chorus. But Britney's vocals whipped my head around like I was in a hurricane the first time I heard it, from her main vocals, backing vocals, her vibrato, flawless use of falsetto, there's just so much going on. I was meh about it at first but now I struggle to pick at anything I don't love about the song, but only because Britney sold that ****, in a way that neither FFney or BJney could ever do. Once again, just my opinion. :tbh: 

I adore this era.  Absolutely adore it,  I'm so happy for her.  It's actually the first time I came out of lurkdom again since BreatheHeavy changed over.  I used to be MMonroe now I'm MissMonroe, but I've been here a loooong time.  I don't comment very much though because I'm not into the drama  that can overshadow things.  I get that people get something out of the drama, I'm just not into it.  You nailed it with your post.  This Britney supporter who has been with her since '98 is stoked. lol  Don't care what is said about the era to be honest.  I'm loving it.

Anyone who's followed Britney's carrer and seen what her voice was like before getting signed, they pretty much know that THIS is the type of music she's wanted to do for almost two decades (provate show, soulful) so stop bitching and be happy that she is ACTUALLY singing om this on, AND that she is happy with what she had om this album

35 minutes ago, Kisle said:

Her new music is AMAZING. But most exhalers are ***** teenagers that want to have their bottoms knocked up while listening to some generic club banger pop anthem. It's sad and I'm happy Britney doesn't give a **** about that. :tbh: 

Aye me too!!! :BBMAney:

I am so proud that Britney is finally getting to release the music she wants. "Glory" is the album that will showcase Britney 'the artist' in her glorious form. "Make Me" is her best lead single release in many years and I feel sets the tone perfectly for the new era.

33 minutes ago, A.D. said:

Preach sis :bwink:

After ITZ and BO, we're getting the missing piece to the Holy Trinity :hype:

The last thing she needs is an album filled with recycled EDM tracks, Beyonka Jermaine was enough of a curse :grimace:

And we're still trying to get pass that curse too LOL

Thank GOD she is over that EDM phase if I had to go through that for another album ... I was gonna cut a ***** LOL

20 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

Anyone who's followed Britney's carrer and seen what her voice was like before getting signed, they pretty much know that THIS is the type of music she's wanted to do for almost two decades (provate show, soulful) so stop bitching and be happy that she is ACTUALLY singing om this on, AND that she is happy with what she had om this album

Tell it!!!  Britney is a BIG fan of R&B/Hip Hop music ... Most of her favs makes R&B Janet, Whitney, Prince, Toni Braxton, Mary J Blige, Michael Jackson & Mariah 

The media won't tell U that Britney was more influence by Janet & Whitney then she was Madonna ... They only do that cause Madonna is white sad but true 

52 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

:walkonby:

So I keep seeing I want her to work with Max Martin so she can get a no1 hit or I want a club banger for lead or 2nd single (Just Love Me & is too slow) this that etc etc.

Britney can't grow as a artist if she keeps doing the same ole thing every album/era & working with Max just cause she knows she'll easily get a hit.

I applaud her for stepping outta her comfort zone with this album (going by what we heard so far) and doing new things ... I mean that's the whole part of being a artist I thought!

Shes making the BEST music she has in a long time and she sounds really great and for some it's still not good enough. Private Show is so different from what she done she took a risk and it paid off she sounds amazing and who would thought she had some soul in her? Her soulful vocals on Private Show and she showed so much range and technique on that song and most of the army hates her vocals on the song ... Nevermind every outlet and critic praised her vocals and I played people the song who also praised her vocals on PS and al the new songs (JLM too)

We are about to get her BEST album since ITZ:BO and a album with probably her best vocals since Opps and all Exhale can do is complain about not getting club bangers :whitneyshade:

Aside from the video debacle everything is perfect so far imho Britney is healthy and happy and passionate about music and performing again!

She looks the best she has ever right now! :BBMAney:

She also got her confidence back performing at award shows and all that again and her performance skills are getting better and better and we're getting quality music and have a new album coming in 2wks and who knows what else she has in stored let's all focus on the positive things like Britney said and not the things we can't change!! :smokney2:

FLAWLESS FAN AND FLAWLESS POST

Britney is proud of you

giphy.gif

I just want her to do whatever makes her really happy.

If growing as an artist means doing something completely different, stay away from the spotlight, have more babies, do a citcom, get married, teach kids or whatever - all power to her.

I don't give a flying **** about the rest.

24 minutes ago, missmonroe said:

I adore this era.  Absolutely adore it,  I'm so happy for her.  It's actually the first time I came out of lurkdom again since BreatheHeavy changed over.  I used to be MMonroe now I'm MissMonroe, but I've been here a loooong time.  I don't comment very much though because I'm not into the drama  that can overshadow things.  I get that people get something out of the drama, I'm just not into it.  You nailed it with your post.  This Britney supporter who has been with her since '98 is stoked. lol  Don't care what is said about the era to be honest.  I'm loving it.

I stopped coming here during BJ cause all the nonsense that was going on. Like U said it overshadowed everything ... People come here to talk about the music and all that stuff not to see a bunch of people bitching about her lips LOL

Im really loving everything about this era going back to the BBMAs cause that kicked it off for me ... I don't I have been this excited for a album since BO & haven't been this excited about a era since Circus .... With her getting out there & performing again & killing it in the process!

44 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

personally, i think people are exaggerating how "different" this music is. there's nothing more daring about clumsy for example than there would be about a max martin track except max would never write a song without a chorus, so she would have been better filling in that spot on the album with a max track. i don't consider a song like clumsy to be growth in any way. i suppose songs like make me and private show have qualities about them that set them apart from past work but thus far i don't necessarily consider this to be an experimental album. that being said, i like everything outside of clumsy that i've heard so far and i'm glad britney is proud of this album but i'm sure people say she should have worked with max because some people simply love his work. some do and some don't, that's how it goes.

Clumsy is clearly posed to be a fun filler album track & nothing more.

Nah most want her to work with him cause they know if him & Brit get together ... It's pretty much a guaranteed hit without much work ... He's there safe card and Brits too TBH 

I love his work he's brilliant it's no denying that! However I don't want her to work with him cause everybody in Pop as some in R&B are working with him right now. Hes way overused right now and Britney has worked with him on 5 outta 8 albums so far ( not counting Glory) so I think he can sit this and the next album out ... I feel like she won't grow as a artist if she's always working with Max & the industry will think she does for the easy hits.

Max is MIA on In The Zone and Blackout her BEST work/albums so that tells U she don't need him!

She also won a Grammy without his help too!

Archived