Premiere: Listen To Britney Spears' New 'Glory' Dance Cut "Clumsy"

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Invitation | Britney Spears, Nick Monson, Justin Tranter & Julia Michaels
  2. Make Me… (feat. G-Eazy) | Gerald Gillum, Britney Spears, Matthew Burns & Joe Janiak
  3. Private Show | Tramaine Winfrey, Carla Williams, Simon Smith & Britney Spears
  4. Man On the Moon | Jason Evigan, Ilsey Juber, Marcus Lomax, Brandon Lowry & Phoebe Ryan
  5. What U Need
  6. Clumsy | Britney Spears, Talay Riley, Warren “Oak” Felder & Alex Nice
  7. Just Like Me | Britney Spears, Nick Monson, Justin Tranter & Julia Michaels 
  8. Slumber Party 
  9. Capsize
  10. Liar | Jason Evigan, Breyan Isaac, Nash Overstreet & Danny Parker
  11. In My Mind (feat. Missy Elliott)
  12. Rose

I hope this is true...

Edit: I see Mood Ring isn't on it....

Can someone send me the full song??? (pm?)

But Clumsy to its core as a song isn't EDM at all. 

It has this blues Louisiana Mardi Gras sound to it mixed with Edm. The only part that is Edm is the song breakdown.

I think this song is extremely unique and not dated at all. I could see Ariana singing this and fitting perfectly on dangerous woman. 

Plus her vocals are fire on this track. 

1 hour ago, the1975 said:

Is this chipmunk glory? Wtf is up with them turning her voice into this mess. Without that I would've liked the song. It becomes unbearable to listen to. Also wtf is that breakdown. Horrible.  Make me remains  the only good full song we have so far. 

you're entitled to your wrong opinion considering the majority thinks otherwise 

13 minutes ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

Y'all realize Clumsy is being released as a promo track right? It's an album track, NOT a single. And both this and PS are better album filler tracks than ANYTHING in BJ and half of FF. She's teasing us her new sounds, and these tracks are ******* flawless and fresh and her vocals and signature sounds are marked all over them. Just WAIT until we hear what Team B has prepared for us, I feel like they're keeping the best songs under lock and key until the 26th. We haven't even heard the second single yet. Think about that. 

I hope you right, this 3 songs incluiding JLM snippet are forgettable af... I need epic anthems like classic Britney for Gods sake:thetea:

35 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Ppl have been coming after FF lately.  I love all of Britney's music minus BJ. Idk why we have to shade FF to make Glory look good. Probably because FF did good and that probably won't be the case for this era.

The thing is this era could have had growth and success but Britney and her team ruined that. Unless they can turn it around.., 

they do that all the time. every time a new era rolls in they trash everything about the previous era(s), even though they would have came for you if you said anything negative about things during the middle of said era. so that begs the question, what DO they genuinely like and what are they simply forcing themselves to like? i guess they do it just to make the current era look better but it is certainly strange nonetheless. that's one thing that has always annoyed me about exhale.

i think this album will show growth, britney is clearly proud of it. it definitely won't get a lot of recognition though but we already knew that was coming. i'm glad britney is putting out an album that she is actually standing by and i'm sure it will be great, i'm just not feeling clumsy at all. and even if FF was totally forced upon her (not saying i believe that to be true), it's still an amazing album and exhale can't take that away from it. :myjam:

35 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Everything? the song is complex with awesome vocals, the fact 50% of this fanbase is musically impaired does not make the song "generic" or "basic" it simply means half of you are unable of hearing all the amazing sounds and effort invested in it. bai.

as an artist she should be putting effort into everything she records. you can't name one specific thing about it that makes this song complex lmao, there's nothing complex about it so please stop going around calling other people deaf boo. because as i said in the OP if any other pop girl recorded it you wold be calling the song basic and then moving on with your day.

34 minutes ago, Mr.ArabianDreams said:

I Like clumsy , but you're right, i may be prejudice because if someone else sang it , i probably  wouldn't give it a second listen, her vocals have improved drastically, however, i could do without the  " again and again and again " part, it makes cringe.

I just feel like there's something missing production wise? I don't know how to explain it, Just like in BodyAche:receipts2:

Edit : may be we should wait for the HQ to Judge?

i'm glad you can admit that sis. yeah, i'm still holding out some hope that the HQ will sound better but the HQ isn't going to bring us a chorus out of thin air and that's really my biggest problem with the song. it sounds like an unfinished demo and that's just unacceptable. i really hope the fans don't force team britney to put this out as a single, it really isn't remarkable at all whereas private show is pretty instantly catchy.

33 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

They don't and I agree, but the reason we got FF was because he label didn't like the one that had personality, and it seems like that happened a lot between 2004, a mental breakdown and 2011. It applies both ways. If that's your reasoning, then Glory so far is still the better album. Would you be completely interested if everything you released was scrapped last minute? Dr. Luke's production is extremely uninspired and he reused so many tracks for others, nothing with Dr. Luke was just for Britney, tracks were massproduced and passed around, in my opinion. 

...but so far, we don't what to expect with each track. They're not ALL electropop, and they're not all lacking in personality. Each track is different. I really like Clumsy, but I prefer both Clumsy and Private Show over Make Me, but Clumsy has Britney's vocals, personality and writing style all over it. If anything that's a reason to prefer to TTWE?

i don't have a problem with anybody liking clumsy more than TTWE. i feel differently but everybody is entitled to their opinions and i respect them. i just don't understand the whole "clumsy is artistic and TTWE is generic trash!!!" argument. i guess if you think vocals alone sets the track apart from femme fatale then okay...but realistically vocals aren't usually what signifies what's generic and what isn't. i suppose i'm just not hearing what others are in it. i am glad britney is actually proud of this album and every song that's on it though, even if every track isn't my favorite. i do know that means something after the past few years.

i can see why you would say dr. luke's work is uninspired but i think he knew what worked for britney, the dance-pop sound was a perfect fit for her during that time.  :queenflopga:  at least every song on FF was incredibly infectious. it was nearly a perfect pop record. it's unfortunate that it didn't have a ton of involvement from britney but i can't deny that the songs were great. and i wouldn't say EVERY song on FF was a reused track. even if that were true, i'm sure there are multiple tracks on glory that weren't originally meant for britney too. that's just pop music for you.

Archived