Brilliant Marketing move by team Britney

Sexy4u95

I should first start off by saying that I don't care where "Make Me" charts on the Billboard Hot 100 or when it peaks, etc. I LOVE the new song and I am just happy to have some new music for myself to enjoy. 

For fun though I would like to discuss a scenereo that I believe team Britney is currently overseeing. Although many of you feel like Britney no longer wants to promote and that the song is a flop I believe that she is being very smart at the moment.

This is my theory. 

(1) Team Britney was made aware at the last moment that Katy Perry was releasing "rise" and that this single was a promotional song for the olympics that would outshine "Make Me" at first but not have much radio/staying power.

(2) Team Britney has confidence in "Make Me" and believes that it will be supported by radio. This means that every week that passes will result in higher radio spins, thus a higher charting on the billboard Hot 100. 

(3) Team Britney is strategically waiting to release the Music Video. The streams from the video always are strongest the first week and also usually result in a boost in ITunes sales. Team Britney wants to let "Make Me" grow in radio AirPlay before having this huge week.

If team Britney was smart they would release the music video the week before the 2016 VMAs and then have Britney perform the song for a national audience for promotion. At this point "Make Me", if supported by radio, would have 5 weeks of AirPlay and be in the top 10 of radio. This combined with MV streams and a VMA performance could really skyrocket the song up the charts. 

Just my theory. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fan base should appreciate the song and enjoy it themselves and be patient. This fan base creates 1/2 of their own problems. The music video was already shot an people have already seen a leaked version of it so there is a reason why they are not releasing it yet. Looking at the daily radio updates I do believe that this song is being supported by radio and that there is a calculated decision to hold off on the release of the MV until it gets a higher ranking on radio. The single last I looked was steady in the #30-25 range on iTunes and I think that Britney's team believes that as the song gains radio AirPlay that sales will increase. As all you fans know the first week a Britney Music Video is released always gets the most streams so why not properly time the release to have the highest chart impact. 

She just performed at the BBMAs. I don't see why she wouldn't perform at the VMAs. She is off from Vegas that night and you can get a quick 5 hour flight to NYC. Obviously she is rehearsing the song as seen by her Twitter post last week so it is not completely out of the question that she would performz

9 minutes ago, Sexy4u95 said:

I should first start off by saying that I don't care where "Make Me" charts on the Billboard Hot 100 or when it peaks, etc. I LOVE the new song and I am just happy to have some new music for myself to enjoy. 

For fun though I would like to discuss a scenereo that I believe team Britney is currently overseeing. Although many of you feel like Britney no longer wants to promote and that the song is a flop I believe that she is being very smart at the moment.

This is my theory. 

(1) Team Britney was made aware at the last moment that Katy Perry was releasing "rise" and that this single was a promotional song for the olympics that would outshine "Make Me" at first but not have much radio/staying power.

(2) Team Britney has confidence in "Make Me" and believes that it will be supported by radio. This means that every week that passes will result in higher radio spins, thus a higher charting on the billboard Hot 100. 

(3) Team Britney is strategically waiting to release the Music Video. The streams from the video always are strongest the first week and also usually result in a boost in ITunes sales. Team Britney wants to let "Make Me" grow in radio AirPlay before having this huge week.

If team Britney was smart they would release the music video the week before the 2016 VMAs and then have Britney perform the song for a national audience for promotion. At this point "Make Me", if supported by radio, would have 5 weeks of AirPlay and be in the top 10 of radio. This combined with MV streams and a VMA performance could really skyrocket the song up the charts. 

Just my theory. 

This is a very solid theory and one that makes sense.

Britney is actually being smart about this whole thing. I saw sponsored ads yesterday on Instagram of Make Me, plus the Q&A on Tumblr, plus Musical.y... She's promoting where people these days spend most of their time: online!! I don't think TV performances are what they used to be, people these days (the majority of people) don't regularly watch TV, fans tune ir for their faves, but most people just don't. VMAs are different because they attract many different fans so it would be an opportunity for more people to listen to the song and see her performing but even then... VMAs are not what they used to. I think it would be awesome if she did Carpool Karaoke, Spotify Sessions, or things along those lines.

This would be a perfect theory if she performed at the VMAs. But in mean time I hope her team would release a teaser video, or at least let Britney answer some questions about the new album or the MV in the Tumblr Q&A coming up. 

I'm tired of this fanbase complaining about Britney not promoting :sickofu:

5 minutes ago, YouFeelLikeParadise said:

It would be cool if she did a Snapchat Q&A as well, however I'm not sure if her demographic uses Snap as actively as Selena's demographic (just as an example).

That's a great idea. Snapchat is old news to teens. It was hot around 2013. Snapchat is new and hip to us 30 somethings, which is more Britney's demo. Tumblr promo is for the 20 somethings. 

Archived