Taylor Swift performing at the VMAs: report

• Leader

Taylor Swift is performing at the VMA's next Sunday (August 30), according to the NY Post.

There's been no official announcement made yet, but it makes total sense; "folklore" is the best-selling album of 2020 - it's reigned on the Billboard 200 for weeks.

Can you imagine a medley of "august," "exile," "invisible string" and "the 1?" We'd love to see it.

If she does, what song do you hope Taylor performs at the VMAs? 

Related:

taylor-vma.jpg.fcc5d0a4ab68b04c5a21bf80a808f2a7.jpg

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Invitation said:

OMG I said these days ago in another VMA post that Ari, Taylor will perform. Now if BP/Selena Gomez and Billie Eilish are announced, I'd be 100% correct.

Now that I think about it, I'm a bit surprised Katy is skipping this one given how much promotion she's been doing.

Well I imagine her baby is due in the next week or so, she's probably going to wind down the performing for a few weeks as she's literally at the end of her pregnancy. Katy certainly seems dedicated to this album campaign so I'm sure she won't just pack it all in just as the album is arriving and obviously pregnancy/ welcoming a child is hardly a disability but one assumes she'll have a bit of time to herself so that she can welcome her little one into the world. Saying that, performing at shows has never really been easier what with her only needing to videocall in from home so maybe she will resume the promo pretty instantly after delivery ;)

I'm delighted Taylor's performing, the REAL pop stars are lining up now to make this a night to remember. I bet she'll certainly perform "cardigan" as the lead single; I'd love "august", "the 1", "exile" and "peace" (it's a fave of mine) but I bet she'll perform the Teenage Love Triangle and maybe set up a really intricate and expensive performance space in which to physically tell this story. Either that or it'll be stripped back with just a microphone and her voice, who knows? TayTay doesn't like to be predictable.

• Love 2

Cardigan and exile are a must. This is the first album of hers that I actually like. Many artists didn't succeed that well with a stripped down album but given the timing with the global situation, I think it worked for her very well. 

My only problem as @Tprez is saying is how tf are they going to put slow jams right next to dance songs? It'll have to be sth very creative and maybe longer than 5 minutes to put the audience into the right mood. I can't see it being the opening nor the closing act so somewhere in the middle? Idk. Loads of questions. 

57 minutes ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Did you not just make a post yesterday or the day before that performances were being cancelled? 

That’s just another rumour like this. Also, it's speculated SOME performances are getting cancelled, not all. 
Taylor performing would be cool although I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Neneleaks said:

Based the album, the performance will be super bland. I don't see how she could make a "Vma worthy" performance (but then again, the standards have been placed very low for awhile now). I'll just have to wait and see. :reductive:

I disagree, why? Cause it's judt this "blend" performance that breaks the whole thing of being expected and boring. Last year she turned the VMAs into her own private concert with "Lover" lol

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block