If You Could Re-film Any Britney Video, Which One Would It Be?

I’d re-film “Gimme More.” The song’s pretty iconic, but I’m just not fond of the video’s concept/production, at all. Honestly, she shouldn’t have even been making music videos at the time, but it happened —& that dark phase in her life stirred up the perfect recipe for a terrible video. This is only my opinion, although Britney did express her dislike for the visual in her memoir.

Here’s the excerpt:

“To be clear, I’m not saying I’m proud of it. ‘Gimme More’ is by far the worst video I’ve ever shot in my life. I don’t like it at all — it’s so tacky. It looks like we only spent $3000 to shoot it.”

By the way, I don’t actually have a concept, but I envision her styled in designs by The Blonds, & the setting would take place at a moody luxurious nightclub, in the aesthetic of the former Pangea Club in Singapore:

spacer.png

What Britney video would you re-film?

• Love 4

Oh god, just one?

Everytime Id put the dark ending back in. 
Break the Ice: Live not animated. 
Till the World Ends: Make her not look miserable. 
Perfume: Back to the intended story. 
Hold Me Closer: Actually put Brit in the video. Or even have a camera zoom from outside in through a window to Elton playing the last piano cords and Britney comes and sits beside him on the piano bench and lays her head on his shoulder. 

• Love 5

I think I would reshoot Criminal. And pick a completely different song😇. I love it but like why?🤣😅 I would choose seal it with a kiss and actually use the beginning scene of Criminal kinda but it would be like a masquerade ball. Britney would spot a man from across the room. They’d somehow find themselves each making their way out side to like the most elaborate maze like garden. Trying to find a spot in the shadows to be alone. With onlookers trying to capture their every move because the guy and Britney each brought a date. And it would end with like a full choreo moment like Hold It Against Me and them sealing it with a kiss. That song is a lost hit. It really could’ve been a great end to her best era😇

• Love 1

-Born to make you happy: use Britney original idea of her been pregnant in the video. It would have been so controversial around the time.

-Gimme More! I would have done both the shoot of the album and the video at the same time with Ellen Von...... As the director. I would used the same sets and clothes she is wearing in the photoshoot. No plot, just her looking cute and seducing the priest.

-Break the Ice, the same concept but with a real Britney instead of an animated one.

-Radar, the original idea of her in London driving a mini va with her girlfriends  (similar to Madonna sorry) a mix between Sorry and Do Something. 

Edited by MissDebbie
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

Oh god, just one?

Everytime Id put the dark ending back in. 
Break the Ice: Live not animated. 
Till the World Ends: Make her not look miserable. 
Perfume: Back to the intended story. 
Hold Me Closer: Actually put Brit in the video. Or even have a camera zoom from outside in through a window to Elton playing the last piano cords and Britney comes and sits beside him on the piano bench and lays her head on his shoulder. 

I love your direct concepts, & the “HMC” video would be so sweet, although I envision it with the acoustic version, for sure. Great ideas.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.