Never count Britney out.

The situation today is different.

I don't think I will come back to the industry as Britney Spears, but it will be Britney, in the sense that I expect sporadic singles, maybe an album, no promos.

• Like 1

Honey, Britney will A L W A Y S end up winning. I know in my heart of hearts Britney is not done and she will, as she always does, come out on top. Let people keep counting her out as if history hasn’t show us all repeatedly she can and she will. 

people are pretending she wasn’t held hostage for 13+ years in unimaginable ways and she’s supposed to be who they want her to be because she’s out from under those reigns 😑. Let her heal how she needs to and she will once again prove everyone wrong. 

I love it 🤣

• Love 3
  • Like 4

True but the difference then was she had contracts to fulfil and a conservatorship forcing her to fulfil them. 

This time she doesn't and she doesn't appear to want a career anymore. 

Additionally, and although maybe controversial the conservatorship seemed to be working at keeping her more mentally stable.

She does not seem mentally stable enough now to hold down a career.... 

• Like 4

I’m not gonna be one of those fans that come skipping back if she ever does return to music. I’ve never once gave up on her, yes I’ve taken breaks and listen to other artists but all I do is wish her well in whatever she decides to do with her life.

Let’s be real her career was over after In The Zone like you said, 3-4 years went by, got married, had babies. GH:MP was a label project. Blackout was a surprise fun on the side album because we know after BO it was conservatorship and forced work. I hope she does gain the urge to make side projects like she did with BO just without the pressures of those times. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

It's torture being a Britney fan because after ITZ, we have only gotten bits and pieces and glimpses of full on Britney Spears. I don't think we will ever get her again like we did before 2003.

Most of what happened that you mentioned above was because she was forced to work under the cship. Blackout was a great album but at the time it was very chaotic, she got bad press, was hanging out with the paparazzi, didn't do any real promotion. At the time it was kind of a hot mess. Hold me Closer is a great song but again very frustrating how she didn't do any promo and didn't appear in a video or performance with Elton.

However you are right in the sense that she can come back to an extent if she wants to. All it takes is a good song and a little positive PR. 

It's just frustrating that the fans never seem to get what they want, her team (or her) tend to make bad decisions with promo. I want more for Britney, at any level that she wants to work.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Thanks guys for reading. We have to stay hopeful!

Isn’t it funny how Exhale’s biggest Britney critics are no where to be found in positive threads like this?

But they are the first ones to comment on her IG threads, trashing her as usual.

It’s all so very predictable, don’t cha think?

• Love 1

I appreciate your positivity! Sharing my point of view

On 8/24/2024 at 11:49 AM, Emil87 said:

(Warning: long read)

1. I’m sure most long time fans remember the “long” break she took after In The Zone era. (In actuality, it was only about 3-4 years and she had two babies and a marriage/divorce during that time). Regardless, people began to think there’d no longer be a place for her on the pop scene…And then “Blackout” happened. Not only was she able to adapt her sound with current times, she managed to take pop music to another level entirely. This it not entirely true. She was not touring during those years but she was still recording music between 2005-2007, making music videos and doing photoshoots. She also did those M+M house of blues performances so her artistic fire was still burning inside of her despite all the chaos. However, this is the longest we've ever been since her studio album, music videos, years from her last photoshoot and last interview... which speaks volumes. Also, I don't recall any talks about no longer having a place in the pop scene back in the day, but it's all possible.

2. After lackluster performances during the Femme Fatale tour and Vegas residency, a lot of fans began losing faith in her abilities as a performer. They claimed her passion was gone, and that the spark in her eyes would never return. And then 2016 happened. Almost magically, Britney Spears came back to life, both on and off the stage. She was revitalized and focused, once again proving her detractors wrong. This is true, but her 2018 POM tour was a mess again 

3. After the disaster that was BJ, people began to think Britney had lost her touch and her ear for pop music completely. And then “Glory” happened, proving she was still very capable of delivering a solid body of work. Britney is capable of delivering a groundbreaking album if she wanted to, but she does not seem to care anymore.

4. After the respective singles from BJ and Glory underperformed, people began to doubt if she would ever have another hit on the charts again. And then “Hold Me Closer” happened. It went to #1 in 5 countries, and was a top 10 hit in 19 others, including the US. True! And I'd add Slay Me Closer was a very radio-friendly hit and had a great promo team behind it (thanks to Elton)

And here we are today, with many doubting she will ever make a return to music. And yes, I know she’s said she’s retired and done with the industry. But as we all know, Britney has said a lot of things and went on to change her mind. Who’s to say she won’t change it again? She also mentioned in her book that music was not her priority “at the moment”. That tells me that the possibility of new music is still on the table. She's out of touch with reality imo so I don't see her returning to the studio. Her signing off her biopic makes me realize she could have put an end to her music career and wanted to share her accomplishments to the world.

Yes, it’s been 8 years since her last LP, but a lot has happened since. I think we all just need to give her all the time she needs to heal, grow, and navigate life as a free woman. In the meantime, let’s keep the hope alive that the Princess of Pop will be back when she’s ready! I'm a bit concern about the whole healing process. I don't see any of that tbh. In fact, I see her in a darker path today than 2 years ago...but I can hope for the best

Long story short, you should never count Britney out. She is full of surprises, after all.

:wink_britney_everytime_white:

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Edited by Pablitonizer
24 minutes ago, Pablitonizer said:

I appreciate your positivity! Sharing my point of view

Appreciate your feedback!

I guess we will just have to “wait and see”, as Britney would say.

:notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

I do realize the chances of her returning may be slim (at least for the time being), but I was just trying to convey that it’s not totally out of the question! We should never underestimate what Britney is capable of when she puts her mind to something.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.