Oops! album: Favorite tracks years later?

37 minutes ago, Captain Marvel said:

The way I wanted "Don't Go Knockin' on My Door" to be a single.  I remember being obsessed after her MTV's First Listen special.  But "Stronger" was the iconic choice.  :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

I use all of the tracks except "One Kiss From You," I never liked and still don't. :trash_throw_away_recycle:

I wanted DGKOMD as a single too! Such a bop! :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

• Love 4

Favorite single: Oops I Did It Again

Favorite non single: What U See (Is What U Get)

I’ll never forget how I felt when I first heard Oops I Did It Again. It was truly a magical, almost spiritual experience for me. I was instantly hooked and ran so fast to grab my little blank cassette tape, and recorded it the next time it played. From then on, it was on repeat constantly. I even did little dances to it outside my apartment complex with some neighborhood kids. Man, I really wish I could go back and listen to the song for the first time again.

And then came the album. Oh boy. I loved every single track, compared to the Baby One More Time album. She came back so much harder with SO many bops. But I think my favorite (besides the title track) was probably “What U See (Is What U Get)”. Perhaps it’s because both songs have a similar melody. But tbh, I genuinely loved every single song.

Such happy memories with this album.

• Love 7

The whole album is iconic, the 3 main singles are a holy trinity for me.

But it has so many fan favorite tracks: DLMBTLTK, DGKOMD, Can’t Make You Love Me and What U See Is What U Get are top tier.

My least favorite are One Kiss From You, Dear Diary and You Got It All, they should have been B-Sides as they really belong to the BOMT era, just like Walk On By.

Replace One Kiss From You with Heart, and Dear Diary with Girl in the Mirror, and you have a 100/10 album.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

Favorite single: Oops I Did It Again

Favorite non single: What U See (Is What U Get)

I’ll never forget how I felt when I first heard Oops I Did It Again. It was truly a magical, almost spiritual experience for me. I was instantly hooked and ran so fast to grab my little blank cassette tape, and recorded it the next time it played. From then on, it was on repeat constantly. I even did little dances to it outside my apartment complex with some neighborhood kids. Man, I really wish I could go back and listen to the song for the first time again.

And then came the album. Oh boy. I loved every single track, compared to the Baby One More Time album. She came back so much harder with SO many bops. But I think my favorite (besides the title track) was probably “What U See (Is What U Get)”. Perhaps it’s because both songs have a similar melody. But tbh, I genuinely loved every single song.

Such happy memories with this album.

What lovely memories! So sweet. :bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.