Britney announces new biopic with Oscar-winning producer Marc Platt

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

And before people have more meltdowns, there 100% will be things that aren't entirely accurate whether is chronologically or otherwise, simply because that's how biopics work. They're not documentaries that have to (or should) be biblically accurate, because it's not a journalistic work, but ultimately it falls under the entertainment category. In the end, it has to feel just like any other movie, with a main character, a villain, a story with a climax and a closure. There's gotta be drama and some fun scenes as well. 

I don't know how common biopics are in other places but here in Latin America we've had dozens of those in the last decade and it's always like that. Some are on Netflix, some were on tv, others were movies, other had just a few episodes others had several seasons, but it's always the same, there's always a pinch of fiction to make everything more entertaining (there's always questionable things that you wonder if it was necessary to change/add/omit). Characters often times are more of a caricature, sometimes even a mixture of several real life people. Many times they don't even use the real life names, unless they got the permission of the person. Scenes/events are more dramatic, etc. 

I’m not sure why you chose my comment to say this. I’m aware of how biopics work and I am a fan of the genre. I understand movie adaptations are different from books, for obvious reasons. All I said is that I would love for Britney to be a producer, I hope we get more details about the Conservatorship, and that I would have loved to listen to hours of Britney sharing her story without being interrupted. I’m failing to understand how you consider my comment a meltdown. 

1 minute ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I’m not sure why you chose my comment to say this. I’m aware of how biopics work and I am a fan of the genre. I understand movie adaptations are different from books, for obvious reasons. All I said is that I would love for Britney to be a producer, I hope we get more details about the Conservatorship, and that I would have loved to listen to hours of Britney sharing her story without being interrupted. I’m failing to understand how you consider my comment a meltdown. 

I never said YOU were having the meltdown, I was adding to your comment because I agreed with what you said. 

But I won't quote you again :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

And before people have more meltdowns, there 100% will be things that aren't entirely accurate whether is chronologically or otherwise, simply because that's how biopics work. They're not documentaries that have to (or should) be biblically accurate, because it's not a journalistic work, but ultimately it falls under the entertainment category. In the end, it has to feel just like any other movie, with a main character, a villain, a story with a climax and a closure. There's gotta be drama and some fun scenes as well. 

I don't know how common biopics are in other places but here in Latin America we've had dozens of those in the last decade and it's always like that. Some are on Netflix, some were on tv, others were movies, other had just a few episodes others had several seasons, but it's always the same, there's always a pinch of fiction to make everything more entertaining (there's always questionable things that you wonder if it was necessary to change/add/omit). Characters often times are more of a caricature, sometimes even a mixture of several real life people. Many times they don't even use the real life names, unless they got the permission of the person. Scenes/events are more dramatic, etc. 

I would say depending on the subject of the biopic, the ones in America tend to be either for entertainment purposes or just very cut and dry. I saw the one about Marilyn Monroe, and while it was supposedly a 'fictional retelling' of her life, I didn't find it to very good and I felt that it came across as trauma ****. But I know other people lauded it. Lately, there has been biopics after biopics coming out, that it's becoming too oversaturated. But I'm looking forward to Britney's 🌹

Edited by Gutterguppy
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, Pablitonizer said:

Christopher Walken as Colon Spears

christopher-walken-wants-to-play-normal-

Sally Field as Lynne 

Sally_Field_(11205)_(cropped).jpg

:blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Sally Field, always always reminds me of Lynne Spears. Christopher Walken is a terrific choice, but he is too old. The movie won't start production in a year or two. 

• Like 1

Sounds all over the place tbh. She stated multiple times she didn't like the free Britney documentaries, She clearly does not like when "other people pretend to be her" ( She hated JL singing her songs on stage and the hailey video...) I don't see how this Is any better... She's alive she should tell her own story...

• Like 3

Oh my my my! How exciting!! Three hours isn’t long enough to be honest!

Casting will be difficult and interesting! Hope they pick an unknown who can act and study Britney’s mannerisms. Supporting cast will need to be on point too!

but the people behind this are legit so I have high hopes!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Emil87 said:

So much for being “retired”, huh? :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Britney likes to keep us guessing, for sure. And while she may not be respected by many of you here, she’s certainly still respected by the industry.

Excited for this. Just hope it’s not another case of “fake news”. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I think she 100% likes to keep us guessing and I feel like she's maybe more business savvy than people give her credit for.

Whenever something "big" is about to happen, I swear they counteract it with a news story or a shock headline Eg. Halsey or her having lunch with PRS photos.

Probably just how I feel though.. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

She probably has a few things going on, that we have no idea about.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.