Long-time French fan account (@popcornandbritney) shuts down + posts blog: "I DON'T WANT TO BE A BRITNEY SPEARS FAN ANYMORE"

Read the whole statement, I regret doing so because it was a waste of time. Mostly shallow points that everyone critizes about stan culture, also a lot of things the person says are clearly motivated by personal experiences, which brings down their whole point.

Also blaming the fans for her actual state for creating the free britney movement? What did you want us to do? Let her rot in that psych ward? smh...

• Love 1
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, YellowPaperSun said:

Read the whole statement, I regret doing so because it was a waste of time. Mostly shallow points that everyone critizes about stan culture, also a lot of things the person says are clearly motivated by personal experiences, which brings down their whole point.

Also blaming the fans for her actual state for creating the free britney movement? What did you want us to do? Let her rot in that psych ward? smh...

You missed the point.

The blog criticizes the savior complex within the Free Britney movement and calls for self-reflection. It acknowledges Britney's abuse without questioning its validity but advocates for fans to withdraw attention from Britney to prompt her to do self-reflection and growth. Britney likely sees her fans as emotional crutches but ultimately it's hindering Britney's personal development.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

:receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: Never heard of them. I’m also not reading all that, if they don’t want to be fans of Britney anymore then good for them….no one cares. Social media has made people think they are more important than they actually are. :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

This! And it’s not different than a fan here making a thread stating they will no longer be a stan. Who cares? :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Midterm Elections GIF by GIPHY News

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, justhanging said:

You missed the point.

The blog criticizes the savior complex within the Free Britney movement and calls for self-reflection. It acknowledges Britney's abuse without questioning its validity but advocates for fans to withdraw attention from Britney to prompt her to do self-reflection and growth. Britney likely sees her fans as emotional crutches but ultimately it's hindering Britney's personal development.  

Excuse me, but saying that it has done more harm than good because allegedly "it didn't let Britney acknowledge the causes that led to the Conservatorship in first place" has to be one of the most tone deaf takes I've heard from this fandom, if someone is aware of what kickstarted the Cship that has to be Britney herself, the thing that gets to me is that the OP contradicts themselves inmediatly after by saying "if someone knows what caused it that's Britney herself", they cannot make up their mind through the whole statement.

By the way, don't even get me started with the thing that supossedly made this person diverge paths from the fandom was Britney's relationship with her kids, because allegedly she wasn't a "good mother". How can you nurture and educate your children when you have more restrains than them? Britney during the conservatorship years suffered a lot from the pygmalion effect, by being gassed up into believing she wasn't a functioning woman she became what they told her to be, which obviously led to Britney not having authority as a mother, and causing her kids to reject her as such because she legally couldn't act as one even if she tried to.

Is obnoxious seeing so called B-armys trying to boil down Britney's current state to such superficial things, when there's nuance galore in her case. Trying to put the blame on the fandom when a lot of us aren't happy with her current mindset, and if we could we'd do everything in our hand to change because a small fraction of us idolizes her will never not be infuriating, period. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

:receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: Never heard of them. I’m also not reading all that, if they don’t want to be fans of Britney anymore then good for them….no one cares. Social media has made people think they are more important than they actually are. :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

Right??? No one has to be a fan of anyone. No need to be such a drama queen.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, justhanging said:

advocates for fans to withdraw attention from Britney to prompt her to do self-reflection and growth. Britney likely sees her fans as emotional crutches but ultimately it's hindering Britney's personal development.  

🙄🙄🙄

If Britney is so desperate for attention, she would be making lots of public appearances or interviews or putting out more music or getting a reality show. 

Britney doesn’t interact that much with fans and isn’t even working as a pop artist right now. I don’t think whatever is going on in her life has much to do with wanting attention from fans

• Like 1

I think this site is no different than any gossip page on instagram or other, people obsess with people and it's okay,

The text is interesting tho haven't you all made a variation of reflection in that sort? 

Thank you for sharing it. 

1 hour ago, KatieKat said:

🙄🙄🙄

If Britney is so desperate for attention, she would be making lots of public appearances or interviews or putting out more music or getting a reality show.

That's not her way to get attention because she is done with the industry (she said it many times) for a long time now.

She wants attention doing her new "job"... her instagram. 

Britney last public appearances... she looked stressed and with the "I don't want to be here" face.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.