How does “Glory” compare to Britney’s other albums? Is there a particular aspect of this album that sets it apart for you?

Posted (edited)

When it first came out, I couldn't care less, but now I've been giving it multiple listens and find it to be similar to ITZ (ITZ will be always superior though) in its creativity and experimentation. 

Edited by Gutterguppy
  • Love 5
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

When it first came out, I couldn't care less, but now I've been giving it multiple listens and find it to be similar to ITZ (ITZ will be always superior though) in its creativity and experimentation. 

I see so many fans loving it. :comingthru_miss_ny_new_york_pollard_tiffany_walk_runway_hair:

• Love 2

It has more mid tempos than any of her previous work. It’s not bad, though. Easily a step up from BJ.

That being said, I’d be perfectly fine if she should never worked with Justin Trantor and Julia Michaels again. The music was way too similar to Selena Gomez’s.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Glory is tied with BJ in terms of how I like it. Both have some nice songs, but none where I went crazy to listen to them over and over. Exception is MR and SITS. Those I do really like.

Glory has a snooze aspect. I like slows and midtempos, but none really has its distinct Britney style. No one else can sing Slave. Anyone could sing Glory.

Her best album during the CONservatorship aside from Femme Fatale. A much more mature sound and the first time Britney seemed to have had true passion for a project since Blackout. Circus is great but was too bubblegum pop for that point in her career and we all know how we feel about BJ. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Edited by anthonyg_393
  • Love 3
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

Glory is tied with BJ in terms of how I like it. Both have some nice songs, but none where I went crazy to listen to them over and over. Exception is MR and SITS. Those I do really like.

Glory has a snooze aspect. I like slows and midtempos, but none really has its distinct Britney style. No one else can sing Slave. Anyone could sing Glory.

I am obsessed with the song “Just Love Me” I can have it on repeat all day :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: don’t tell me you don’t love that song 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Like some have said, it reminds me of a not as good itz but still in the same vein. Plus a bit of a mix of blackout, and the majority of her other albums. Just more itz vibe.  

Song like itz imo:

do you wanna come over?

slumber party

Mood ring

invitation

make me

Songs like blackout imo:

Do you wanna come over? (Idk for some reason I feel like it could fit either album equally)

love me down

Coupure electrique 

Better (could be on both but more blackout vibes to me for some reason)

But also brings elements from other albums imo

britney :

just luv me

hard to forget ya

circus:

private show (would kinda fit with the circus theme, and bottom of the glory album just like mmm papi with circus)

what you need (for same reasons)

femme fatale:

clumsy

if I’m dancing

matches

what bj should have been:

Change your mind

man on the moon

Just like me

liar

just like me 

Mood ring could also fit here.

Along with Alien, Perfume, Til It’s Gone, Don’t Cry, Hold On Tight, Now That I Found You, Passenger, all done correctly could have been a solid album.  

Now that that’s done :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

for me it fits right in the middle

blackout>itz>oops=circus=glory (interchangeable depending on the day)>britney>BOMT=femme fatale (depending on the day)>BJ. BJ could have been a good album though, unfortunately we got what we got.

• Like 1

I really loved Make me when first came out, it was just amazing (vocally) for my opinion, I felt so happy hearing the soft-raspy voice at the beginning and then just going through some ououooh- it marked my 2016, I was 19 and ready to fly with the song. 
The rapper was unnecessary :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

Private show, I don’t know why most of the fans hate it, I feel like she did an amazing job with her own vocals, doing something different and unexpected with her deep-high voice, I feel like she was trying something more jazzy-pop kinda way. 

Slumber  party, it’s good, but I don’t know why I just forget about it. I like more do you wanna come over ( the chorus ) with the guys, it’s fun. No seas cortes .. very catchy, very ESPAÑA 🇪🇸

and the rest is good, it’s just an album that you can play and have fun, it really connects a lot with 2016-2018 sounds, it just sticks with it (that era) Somehow it got good rating and reviews too On Metacritic

but honestly:

circus and femme fatale>>>>> glory 

circus for me, it’s like the good sister of blackout, there’s no skip-only my baby, but for me Mannequin it’s just surreal, how ahead of the time the song was, lyrically and musically, AMNESIA, such a great song, very urban-pop to go  in a rabbit hole  with the lyrics, trouble-also very good, very 2008-9 but you can go back to it and feel fresh. Womanizer, circus, if you seek amy? Iconic, BOPS. Three bops in an album, just that good. MMM PAPI IS GOOD, honestly, as I grew older, I started to like Britney’s weird-funny-goofy songs, just the flow of her. She always has those in every album: soda pop, brave new girl, everybody, mmm papi, how I roll,  private show, now that I found you and so -n so. 

I can go longer like this is a thesis but I need to chill :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: I’m too invested 

Edited by Imnotcrazy
  • Like 1

I love it. There is so much material, which I appreciate since we all know she has a treasure trove of unreleased tracks, so it's great that so many got a polished edit. I also think she was in a much better place while recording it, which showed in her promotion/performances and the two music videos we got compared with the other post cship albums. I saw her in AC for POM 2.0 and she seemed really excited to perform anything from Glory :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

8 hours ago, Emil87 said:

It has more mid tempos than any of her previous work. It’s not bad, though. Easily a step up from BJ.

That being said, I’d be perfectly fine if she should never worked with Justin Trantor and Julia Michaels again. The music was way too similar to Selena Gomez’s.

It was Revival 2 (invitation too recycled like Halo & that Kelly Cry song) and Brit jumped on the trendy bandwagon. Sounds of it's time listening now. 

would've done well as an EP

Make Me

Slumber Party

Do You Wanna Come Over

private show (yes vocals are bad but love it)

If I'm Dancing

coupure electrique

Edited by Barmy86
  • Like 1

I love it. You can hear Britney having fun in the studio and playing with her voice. She said in her book that she liked doing this album, which I always felt. It's nice to hear her more matured vocals since they tried so hardly to upkeep her baby voice in the previous 3 albums.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.