‘Devil Wears Prada 2’ in the works

• Content Curators

A sequel to ‘THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA’ is in the works with Meryl Streep set to return as Miranda Priestly.

Miranda’s (Meryl Streep) career goes into decline, which forces her to go head-to-head with Emily (Emily bl**t), now a major executive at a luxury group, whose advertising dollars Miranda desperately needs. 

PUCK.NEWS

The follow-up to the hit 2006 movie will see Miranda Priestly facing the dystopian post-aughts realities of...

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Isla said:

They really making a sequel to every cult classic now huh

19 minutes ago, rik said:

I doubt this will work. Everyone’s expressed not wanting to do a film over the years. Has this actually been confirmed 

Exactly. One thing Hollywood will never learn is to not fix what’s not broken. The original film is perfect as it is. A film that’s better than its source material. That is a rarity in this business. But I guess at the end of the day if it’s gonna make money they’re gonna do it. They probably don’t care about critical reception at all. But on the other hand I do trust Meryl. If the story is **** she probably won’t take it. Let’s hope it’s gonna work. Fingers crossed. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Red Wine Supernova said:

Exactly. One thing Hollywood will never learn is to not fix what’s not broken. The original film is perfect as it is. A film that’s better than its source material. That is a rarity in this business. But I guess at the end of the day if it’s gonna make money they’re gonna do it. They probably don’t care about critical reception at all. But on the other hand I do trust Meryl. If the story is **** she probably won’t take it. Let’s hope it’s gonna work. Fingers crossed. 

I absolutely agree. The book is actually not that well written and I’ve heard the second book is even worse (not that this is based on the second novel). I trust all three actresses when it comes to their decisions but I just read the Hollywood reporter article. It hasn’t been confirmed and there’s just talks about the screenwriter making a second film. Even if it’s written, I have a feeling they aren’t going to want to come back without a massive pay cheque. The film that actually could work today is Princess Diaries 3 if written well enough 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, rik said:

I absolutely agree. The book is actually not that well written and I’ve heard the second book is even worse (not that this is based on the second novel). I trust all three actresses when it comes to their decisions but I just read the Hollywood reporter article. It hasn’t been confirmed and there’s just talks about the screenwriter making a second film. Even if it’s written, I have a feeling they aren’t going to want to come back without a massive pay cheque. The film that actually could work today is Princess Diaries 3 if written well enough 

The second one went straight to home videos so unfortunately I don’t see it happening anytime soon. But you never know. Anne aged like fine wine and would be great for another sequel.

I watched the movie again for the hundredth time last night and this morning we have this announcement?:kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I'm not a fan of sequel either but I trust Emily and mostly Meryl, they won't sign anything if it's not good!!!

The only problems is that some essential ingredients for this movie to be iconic again won't be possible this time!

Everybody love nasty b* tchy sentences, but sadly they won't be allowed to say all the horrible things, that make we crack laugh back then and still to these days, because people are to fake sensitive in 2024!

Everbody love a glamorous magic make over transformation, we won't have it again... It's superficial AF but it's fine, it's a movie so let's be honest Andrea's transformation scene was one of our favorite scene from the movie.

Unless, Miranda will call her back and she have to be a glamorous b *tch again, wearing Prada and Chanel:emma:

• Super Mods

I don't see it working for 2 reasons.

1. Too much PC, which will negatively impact the humor of the movie. Back in the days we werent fake PC snowflakes. Nowadays everyones fake PC 

2. Fashion industry changed. A lot.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Xanax said:

Soooooo apparently it’s in early development and Disney has their grubby little paws on it. It hasn’t been confirmed officially if Meryl, Stanley, Emily, or Anne are coming back.

Without original cast they can keep it LOL

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.