How did you react when she said "If you stood up for me when I couldn’t stand up for myself, from the bottom of my heart, thank you."

I'm going to be the Debbie Downer here, but when I read that part all I thought of was when she said it was her who freed herself from the conservatorship, not anyone else.

That statement was do dismissive of the whole movement of fans worldwide and the work from the women who put so much effort into the NYT doc.

However, she did also say she felt the support of fans while in the facility after being shown footage from a woman there. I am sure she is appreciative, but that statement she made about it was only her who made it happen stuck with me.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

I'm going to be the Debbie Downer here, but when I read that part all I thought of was when she said it was her who freed herself from the conservatorship, not anyone else.

That statement was do dismissive of the whole movement of fans worldwide and the work from the women who put so much effort into the NYT doc.

However, she did also say she felt the support of fans while in the facility after being shown footage from a woman there. I am sure she is appreciative, but that statement she made about it was only her who made it happen stuck with me.

I think bc the media was making it sound like she played no part in her own freedom, which is false, her testimony changed everything. But there’s no doubt in my mind that she is thankful for us.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

I don't think she has the whole idea of how things started it...

Like, someone told her about the paralegal talking to the podcast? She is aware of the especulations or how "conspiracy theories" helped (at certain point) to make people pay attention to what was happening?

Her hate for the documentaries started without her actually watching anything about it. Someone told her how to feel about it (and the person lied saying Framing Britney was bad for her image).

I'm glad she thanked the fans, but she probably thinks she did all herself... and if she truly believes that, she has no idea what really went through all these years. Her isolation and alienation wouldn’t allow her to know much.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

Like, someone told her about the paralegal talking to the podcast? She is aware of the especulations or how "conspiracy theories" helped (at certain point) to make people pay attention to what was happening?

Her hate for the documentaries started without her actually watching anything about it. Someone told her how to feel about it (and the person lied saying Framing Britney was bad for her image).

I'm glad she thanked the fans, but she probably thinks she did all herself... and if she truly believes that, she has no idea what really went through all these years. Her isolation and alienation wouldn’t allow her to know much.

That's a slightly twisted stance on things.... particularly the line on conspiracy theory because that's entirely false.

Edited by ICouldntThinkOfOne
4 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

That's a slightly twisted stance on things.... particularly the line on conspiracy theory because that's entirely false.

It's not. Some conspiracies were terrible, but overall it did help her case to become more public. The tiktok videos helped a lot, viral threads about "what is going on with Britney" helped, then the documentaries changed the game for good giving credibility to the movement...

Some fans will never admit it and that's fine... but we can't rewrite history. Britney wouldn’t be able to talk  without the public pressure and a lot of fans were saying FreeBritney was a conspiracy theory until her testimony.

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

You’re so wrong you awoke my exhale account from it’s inevitable slide toward total inactivity. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block