Gallery Books & Simon & Schuster congratulate Britney for hitting 20 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list!

18 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Just to set the record straight:

If she's sold 5 million books at.. we'll say an average of $21 per book

5 million x $21 = $105,000,000

If Britney makes her advance and then 20% of book profits after reaching her advance, she has potentially made around $20 million on her book at least! 

I dare to say her 25% profit comes from US sales only since the book is licensed in other languages and not printed by Gallery Books/Simon & Schuster themselves and that's more of a gray area in terms of sales. Also, we don't know if that 25% comes from print copy sales only which is usually the case with book deals so it's hard to analyze until an official report is released. However, let's assume she's getting 25% from all US sales (US estimated sales are over 2,200,000 units in all formats), then she's taking home over $11 million dollars :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

7 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

I dare to say her 25% profit comes from US sales only since the book is licensed in other languages and not printed by Gallery Books/Simon & Schuster themselves and that's more of a gray area in terms of sales. Also, we don't know if that 25% comes from print copy sales only which is usually the case with book deals so it's hard to analyze until an official report is released. However, let's assume she's getting 25% from all US sales (US estimated sales are over 2,200,000 units in all formats), then she's taking home over $11 million dollars :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

How will she survive off of $11 million???

spacer.png

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

How will she survive off of $11 million???

spacer.png

It's a great number, I agree with you. Add $11 M to those $15 M she received in advance, so it's a lot of money :elton:

I'm sure she's also getting a percentage once the movie/TV series adaptation deal is finalized so she'll be receiving more millions :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

Edited by pablitonizer
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

it all comes from the fact that she wont do what they expect her and want her to do. They want her to be all dolled up and back on stage as if nothing happen, to produce more albums and singles that will go #1 as if the past 13 years can be erased within a few months. 

They hate her because she won't do what they want her to do. In the end, they fail to realize that what they're trying to do is basically the exact same thing her family did to her; make her work for them even if she doesnt want to.

I would be disgusted by majority of my fans if I were Britney ngl

Yes!!! I was trying to explain that to a someone.  She doesn’t owe anyone anything. She isn’t indebted to the “fans”. She can act however and do whatever she wants. 

• Love 1
On 3/15/2024 at 8:16 AM, Emil87 said:

Interesting how different peoples perspectives are. I personally found the book very empowering. The fact that she was able to overcome and rise above everything they put her through, very inspiring.

Anyway, I doubt she gives a single ****, but congrats.

I have to think really hard to respond to this. You are right. It is inspiring and empowering. But I feel like I’m a more visual person. And as a selfish fan I am, it might felt different if she closes the chapter with an album à la Taylor Swift “willow” with a music video with proper glam team and everything. Then I’ll know she had emerged from her past trauma. But instead Britney keeps on being mysterious in her own world that we never get a glimpse of.

The latter might work better for Britney. But as empowering the ending is in her book, the Britney I get to latch on after, is Britney being cryptic on her Instagram. And that is not enough for me. I want more. :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

Being a fan on Primeney, the image we associate to her is the snake performance, or toxic, or anything that’s flashy and pretty. It’s hard to adjust to the current reality we have right now. 

Maybe it’s also the book felt like a goodbye to her stardom self. I don’t know for sure. But I haven’t touched the book in a while, I guess I’ll get back to it later on. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block