Britney was referring to THIS article when talking about the Kardashians in her Instagram caption today...

2 hours ago, Lola2790 said:

DailyMail Article Feb.14, 2024:

Experts reveal how celebs like Britney Spears and the Kardashians have inspired the rise of 'internet voice' - and why it's the 'future of English'

Thank i was wondering where did she read that. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Like 2

So here's my theory. She has a Google alert (or whatever it's called) that lets her know when there's an article with her name in it. And then she reacts to it through these posts in her own way. 

She usually just either totally skips that context or references it very vaguely, then goes on with some very loosely related anecdotes and everyone reading her post is like: what??? It also doesn't help that she writes it like it's her diary or like she's vague posting. 

Edited by MrTrouble
  • Like 2

"Revealing that TikTok talk is particularly associated with young women, he claims the intonation has been fuelled by female influencers and celebrities such as Kim Kardashian and Britney Spears."

I love how the article puts Britney and her homemade videos and random pictures and flowers on the same level as Kim, who's working with 7 different stylists and designers as a professional influencer :eyes_britney_laugh:

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

Another post that'll go over so many heads. I think user @sodapopbritney said it best -

'Uptalk is when you finish your sentences like a question. It’s associated with the valley girl accent/kardashians. It’s often paired with a vocal fry and not a large vocabulary.

Downtalk is seen as more assertive, intelligent, confident. You end your statements as they are, not as a question. It could be seen as rude, which is why uptalk may be used to appease others. As she’s saying here.. '

Edited by Gutterguppy
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, everybodygoesdown said:

"Revealing that TikTok talk is particularly associated with young women, he claims the intonation has been fuelled by female influencers and celebrities such as Kim Kardashian and Britney Spears."

I love how the article puts Britney and her homemade videos and random pictures and flowers on the same level as Kim, who's working with 7 different stylists and designers as a professional influencer :eyes_britney_laugh:

We Stan our budget queen, sponsored by Target. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BritneyInTheZoney said:

Britney's captions make sense but she tends to be very vague and cryptic like it's just for her to know.

Im starting to think that that's not the case. I think she thinks every single person on earth is reading every detail about her everywhere that she just talks to the world like its a family member or smth.. or like she's the only topic in the world so everyone MUST know what she means.

Very Narcissistney actually, I'm here for it :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Haha 1

Britney probably reads smth about herself or hear something in her daily life and goes to instagram to blab something in relation to it.

Us fans understand, the world doesn't. She needs to understand that.

And that's why everything gets misinterpreted and she has to apologize after. Case closed :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

Edited by LaLohan
  • Like 2

Hey, I just read the article... So interesting how the teen girls are more prone to transmit the linguistic innovations. It's interesting that Britney might have been influencing the crowd since she was still a teen aka BOMT/oops era, maybe?

The article says it is likely also because of how aware the young girls tend to be about their peers and how women have contact with a various diversity of people.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block