Is Britney angry at Jennifer Lopez? "This Is Me.... Now" samples Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me A River"

9 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

It’s not that deep. I promise.

But just why? It feels so random. 

It‘s like Britney sampled „My Heart Will Go On“ on „Toxic“ for the last 10 seconds of the song - like it doesn’t make any sense, i think it‘s really sick actually 

On 2/9/2024 at 6:27 PM, turquoise said:

I don't know much about it... but it seems like many people thought it was sampling "Cry Me A River" when they listened to "This Is Me.... Now".
At least it seems that Britney was offended by JLO's "Can't Get Enough"

But I thought... If the producer who wrote "This Is Me.... Now" is the same producer who wrote "Cry Me A River" with JT, he might have been friends with JT and heard a lot of stories from JT about Britney.
If so, wouldn't it be more natural to think that the producer was in support of JT and dared to use "Cry Me A River" at this time? Just a guess.

OMG it’s like you don’t even read. That sound has been used by that same producer on multiple songs, it’s his signature thing he adds to them. It’s not that deep.

1 hour ago, Sia said:

OMG it’s like you don’t even read. That sound has been used by that same producer on multiple songs, it’s his signature thing he adds to them. It’s not that deep.

I did and you’re still reaching. To start, you do realize that Justin AND the producer from Cry Me a River are co-writers on the song right?

Sorry, maybe I didn't get it. Can I just check?
Are you saying Justin Timberlake is also the writer of "This Is Me...Now"? 
"This Is Me.... Now" writers list also includes Jusitin and Timba (Timothy Mosley).

But others have said that "This Is Me.... Now" samples Cry Me A River, which automatically means that the writers of Cry Me A River are named among the writers of "This Is Me...Now", but Justin didn't write this song, so I thought so too. Is that not true?

Can you tell me the name of that producer?
And if there's a website where I can see that he's the kind of person who does that kind of signature stuff a lot, please let me know.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block