Selfish- Spotify Tracking Thread - Feb 2nd +56k streams- boom boom baby, a hit that can't be stopped...

1 minute ago, fan88 said:

How can we gain traction for Selfish on spotify?! Once we gain momentum on there the song will most likely climb and chart more so that iTunes!

I've been streaming this song on Spotify for the whole day on loop now and talking to as many people as I can about Selfish... there's probably better ways to gain traction but that's what I did. It's small, but I guess it's something.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

The purpose of 'Selfish' was not to chart on BBHOT lol, we just wanted to block JT and we did it. There's no way the song is going to chart, it's not a single. Some users are a bit confused in this thread :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

It's not a single, but it got radio play, generated buzz and got on a Spotify official playlist. It does have a chance, a small one but still a chance, to chart on at least the Billboard 200 if keep it up. Let's just remain delusional positive and stream Selfish and even if it doesn't chart, it's still a bop 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
Just now, FFBetterThanBlackout said:

It's not a single, but it got radio play, generated buzz and got on a Spotify official playlist. It does have a chance, a small one but still a chance, to chart on at least the Billboard 200 if keep it up. Let's just remain delusional positive and stream Selfish and even if it doesn't chart, it's still a bop 

it does not have radio airplay, just some radios decided to play it. That's a different story and Spotify only added it to one list. There's no chance unless all of a sudden RCA sends it to the radio next week and decides to invest money on the track. I don't see it happening.

It's still a bop, I agree!

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, FFBetterThanBlackout said:

I think this is different though. We got promotion, we got Selfish on the OBSSESSED Spotify playlist, we got buzz... if we keep going and start streaming it on Spotify, I think Selfish actually has a chance to chart on the Billboard!

Media reporting is a good thing, even tho we are promoting the Timberlake song as a consequence.

I just wish this fanbase learn for good we need Spotify and Apple to make some noise. 

I refuse to celebrate itunes like any flop fanbase. This is not 2010 anymore. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

it does not have radio airplay, just some radios decided to play it. That's a different story and Spotify only added it to one list. There's no chance unless all of a sudden RCA sends it to the radio next week and decides to invest money on the track. I don't see it happening.

It's still a bop, I agree!

For now let's just see how far this goes... at least Selfish will be higher than JT's single!

Just now, FFBetterThanBlackout said:

For now let's just see how far this goes... at least Selfish will be higher than JT's single!

But it won't be! JT's song is being promoted and sent to radios so it'll surely debut on BBHot100. I still don't think you understand the purpose of blocking JT on iTunes

Again, I don't think RCA will promote 'Selfish' next week, this was just a fan troll mission :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

and yet when was the last time Xtincta and BSB were #1 on itunes? LOL :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

9 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Sorry, I'm lost... I'm not following your train of thoughts 

I never said anything on them having a number 1. Are you okay, sweetie? 

GEzE56aXQAEvXfo?format=jpg&name=large

Sis... I gave examples of artists having number one on itunes to show the irrelevancy of it. That was the start of the whole thing.

Are YOU okay? :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Edited by Dark Willow
4 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

But it won't be! JT's song is being promoted and sent to radios so it'll surely debut on BBHot100. I still don't think you understand the purpose of blocking JT on iTunes

Again, I don't think RCA will promote 'Selfish' next week, this was just a fan troll mission :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Let me be delusional girl-

I still think we could at least be as low as the Billboard 200, I'm not dumb enough to think it could be #1 or something. Let's just try to at least make Selfish have peaked somewhere for the sake of it. But then again, if the mission was just to block JT on iTunes, it was accomplished, but all I'm saying that it wouldn't hurt to go a bit further.

7 minutes ago, FFBetterThanBlackout said:

Britney's Selfish only has a playlist reach of 770k on Spotify. It went up from 267k which is cool, but Justin's has 37 million since it's a new song that gets promo (you can check this out at songstats.com). He will most likely also get a radio deal since it's the first song of a new album. iTunes US impact is very small, if it remains in the top 1-3 for a week it could be less than 10k in sales nowadays.

1 minute ago, FFBetterThanBlackout said:

Let me be delusional girl-

I still think we could at least be as low as the Billboard 200, I'm not dumb enough to think it could be #1 or something. Let's just try to at least make Selfish have peaked somewhere for the sake of it. But then again, if the mission was just to block JT on iTunes, it was accomplished, but all I'm saying that it wouldn't hurt to go a bit further.

For singles is BBHOT100 :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

For albums is BBHot200 :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

We accomplished our mission, we celebrate that! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dark Willow said:

Britney fanbase will never learn what Spotify is, right?

Or understand even Xtina and BSB can be 1 on itunes nowadays sassy alcohol GIF

42 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

Yes. Completely irrelevant.

We had many chances to learn today's marketing is all about streaming and radio. 

Then they never understand why songs like mood ring (1 on itunes ahead of a Gaga song) didn't chart on hot 100.

The fanbase is stuck in time and unfortunately people who worked for her are the same. Cade probably thinks Selfish is a big hit already lol.

41 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

Go do some research Pab :jamie_lynn_grape:

40 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

No.

Sarcastic U Mad GIF by Superstore

Like I told the other person in the other thread, instead of being negative like you are all the time, why don’t you shock us and do something out of character and go stream Selfish on Spotify and Apple Music since streaming is so important? Here, I’ll even give you a head start by sharing the link to Spotify. You’re welcome!

If you don’t want to do that, then I suggest you stfu and let others enjoy this moment. It’s not ******* hard. Stop ****ting on other people’s excitement and happiness with your unhappiness and ****ty attitude. 

mariah carey beyonce GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Like I told the other person in the other thread, instead of being negative like you are all the time, why don’t you shock us and do something out of character and go stream Selfish on Spotify and Apple Music since streaming is so important? Here, I’ll even give you a head start by sharing the link to Spotify. You’re welcome!

If you don’t want to do that, then I suggest you stfu and let others enjoy this moment. It’s not ******* hard. Stop ****ting on other people’s excitement and happiness with your unhappiness and ****ty attitude. 

mariah carey beyonce GIF by RealityTVGIFs

And who told you I'm not streaming?

Telling facts is a good thing and that's all I did.

And who are you to tell me how I should or shouldn't act here? Have u heard about freedom of speech?

Anyway, I lost too much time with your delusional *** other times. Just keep talking to the wall to feel better.

Enjoy Whitney Houston GIF by Justin

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I have the lyrics and instrumental of Selfish burned into my mind now and I'm afraid I'll ruin this song by overlistening, it better all be worth it :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Then again I listened to Hot as Ice an inhuman amount of times when I listened to Blackout for the first time, and Femme Fatale is better than Blackout so I shouldn't be worried

Edited by FFBetterThanBlackout

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block