Would you erase the cship albums and make Blackout the “last album”?

Should Blackwood be the last album?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NGL, Why Should I Be Sad would make an excellent farewell track…

It's time for me to move along (goodbye)
It's time for me to get it on (okay)
I'm tired of singing sad songs (alright)
It's time for me
(Britney, let's go)

Edited by yshdibesd

not at all. I mean, I do agree in terms of the discography that the conservatorship put out being subpar compared to her albums outside the conservatorship and overall career to be honest.

but still during the conservatorship her product was good. take it for what it is and enjoy it if you want. I don’t like what ifs scenarios  

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Whitney Houston said:

Honestly I would lowkey liked BJ more than previous two albums if this was with 100% Britney voice

Another one that could be a good goodbye track, if the production wasn’t a hot mess…

If they told me it's over
I wouldn't believe it
Because you know we both care
Let go, can't hold on when love's broken
This is gonna be our last goodbye
Our love is gone, but I'll survive
Hide my tears and dry my eyes
You don't need to see me cry

😭😭😭

Edited by yshdibesd
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, super.nova said:

not at all. I mean, I do agree in terms of the discography that the conservatorship put out being subpar compared to her albums outside the conservatorship and overall career to be honest.

but still during the conservatorship her product was good. take it for what it is and enjoy it if you want. I don’t like what ifs scenarios  

Of for sure, I love so many tracks from the latest albums. It’s just a silly poll to distract us as we grief the fact we’re even thinking about a last album 😭 

• Love 2

YES! The cship albums aren't really Britney albums if you really think about it... They were albums crafted on the idea of 'Britney Spears' they never had the true essence of her. She was forced and coerced into doing every single one of them.

Edited by PlatinumB
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, yshdibesd said:

Of for sure, I love so many tracks from the latest albums. It’s just a silly poll to distract us as we grief the fact we’re even thinking about a last album 😭 

Girl I know it’s so sad I don’t wanna taco about it

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, femmef4toole said:

The Circus era was too immaculate to erase. Nope. No m’am. I loved every single second of every minute of that era :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking:

True, so many great songs and outtakes like Amnesia. The visuals and the tour were amazing as well. 

The album feels really dark though… maybe the darkest she’s ever sounded. No wonder :(

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

YES! The cship albums aren't really Britney albums if you really think about it.... She was forced and coerced into doing every single one of them.

It’s sad to think about the first ones weren’t really her own choice either, but at least she seemed to get something out of it and enjoy the process.

Imagine what she could have come up with if she had the right support and time to heal and explore her artistry after Blackout!

• Love 2
Just now, yshdibesd said:

True, so many great songs and outtakes like Amnesia. The visuals and the tour were amazing as well. 

The album feels really dark though… maybe the darkest she’s ever sounded. No wonder :(

I’m probably going to get dragged through Hell but it really feels like a Blackout 2 to me, I think it’s cause it’s so close together.

Her promotional performances minus the fact she was almost certainly miserable were beautiful, she looked so good!!!

Her tour & MVs were a smash. She gave it her all, possibly because she thought the con was temp. I don’t take pride in enjoying it but Britney soared on the hand she was dealt here!

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Just now, yshdibesd said:

It’s sad to think about the first ones weren’t really her own choice either, but at least she seemed to get something out of it and enjoy the process.

Imagine what she could have come up with if she had the right support and time to heal and explore her artistry after Blackout!

The idea of her being allowed her full artistry and autonomy is something I think about now and again.. It's very sad.

• Love 1
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, femmef4toole said:

I’m probably going to get dragged through Hell but it really feels like a Blackout 2 to me, I think it’s cause it’s so close together.

Her promotional performances minus the fact she was almost certainly miserable were beautiful, she looked so good!!!

Her tour & MVs were a smash. She gave it her all, possibly because she thought the con was temp. I don’t take pride in enjoying it but Britney soared on the hand she was dealt here!

Yes, I have the same feeling, it’s an interesting follow up. And it feels like a fresh project with its own identify and an intriguing theme (especially in hindsight) whereas the following albums are a bit more generic and with less soul. Shattered Glass, Unusual You, Blur, Mannequin, Phonography…

Another thing, she was still more confident by then as we can see in For The Record… things started to change te after that.

Edited by yshdibesd
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, yshdibesd said:

Yes, I have the same feeling, it’s an interesting follow up. And it feels like a fresh project with its own identify and an intriguing theme (especially in hindsight) whereas the following albums are a bit more generic and with less soul. 

Shattered Glass, Unusual You, Blur, Mannequin, Phonography…

It’s like she still had some of the fire in a bottle left over, not all of it but enough to prove her worth in the industry. In comparison with her later work you are definitly able to see a change no matter how magnificent Glory was - I think pre 2005 Britney was still present in Circus cause she had hope. Britney is so powerful with hope.

All those songs you just listed as well as amnesia and kinda love Rock Boy NGL haha

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block