‘Pink Friday 2’ by Nicki Minaj is the first album by a female rapper this decade to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200 (228k).

Style.

9 hours ago, Mmdellavecchia said:

It's not sad. It's smart, actually. I don't get why more artists don't do this. But I guess you can't foresee surprise releases lol.

I would agree that it's smart until I remembered that the physical copies are pressed way before, hence why her digital copy has 2x the tracks as the physical. As a physical media snob, I'd be pressed with around 10 songs and a photo instead of a photo booklet. But she did great numbers. 

Wish her fans, the unreasonable ones we only hear from when they see an argument, would just sit back and enjoy the success without ranting about other female rappers. They're the ones that makes it hard for so many to be happy for the success 

9 hours ago, Barmy86 said:

Is this even a real category....I mean Im glad she sold more than I expected and I'll eat my words the album is better than I thought. However, enough of all these categories for chart purposes. 
how much did Doja sell? Streaming is what I'm curious comparing both 

Nicki cleared Doja on the streaming numbers as well. :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This ******* fraud released only ten ******* songs on the physical media :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: me being boo boo the ******* clown because I don’t open my vinyls but was contemplating getting the CD to support her some more and I saw the track listing and couldn’t believe my ******* eyes. Then I check the vinyl and it’s ten ******* songs :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

The track week is over so we can drag Pink Jean to filth :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:as we shouldT

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

Happy for her! She is the Queen of Rap. Just wish the album had more artistically interesting songs (not the ones already released). 

I like the album, especially the first 5/6 songs + other bops. But overall it has so many fillers, and the artists featured on it are a mess… :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: Pink Jean did THAT!

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

“This decade” has been 3 years long :orangu_orangutan_ape: 

good for her, but like the dramatics of that post are embarrassing 

This!

Reminds me of when people were like "Britney is the first artist to sell a million books and albums in one week, even though each of those events happened 22 years apart all while drinking Starbucks out of her left hand on a sunny Tuesday...not Wednesday"

• Love 1
  • 3 months later...
On 12/17/2023 at 4:39 PM, Style. said:

Pink Friday + Pink Friday 2 
= 603k

Invasion of Privacy + Scarlet + Planet Her + Hot Pink + Traumazine + 777 + COI + Trendsetter + 9 
= 565.5k 

[CLOSED] I that 🍵 :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Exactly. IOP is Cardi’s DEBUT album. It would be best to compare her album to Nicki’s debut to be fair. Plus, Nicki has been in the game for over a decade plus, she has a solid fan base till this day, her recent release sold over 200k copies the first week, although people claim that her career is dead LOL. Nicki has sold over 100 million records worldwide, which makes her the best selling female rap artist of all time. Let’s see how the other female rap acts are going to fare within 15 years, since people claim Nicki is a loser. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block