TIME’s person of the year is…

Kiss my

10 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Sorry but that all just sounds like a lot of excuse to downplay her success. You know if Britney was doing the same, we would be praising her and her team. So please, stop cause you’re just reeking of jealousy. 

I'm literally being a realist, I see things as they are and I'm not being manipulated by the media. If Britney did this, would I be happy for her? Well, yes, but I would acknowledge that it's a calculated tactic

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

For once, could it be a non-public figure? There are so many more important people out there. Scientists, doctors, engineers, architects, teachers, nurses, etc. Who deserve a prop up and recognition. We don't need another business person/entertainer. She is not a person of the year. She is the entertainer of the year (maybe).

• Love 4
5 hours ago, The One and Only said:

Britney's career was literally ten times bigger and more impactful at her peak :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Taylor's peak seems so significant to people because of the streaming era and social media, where fans can easily unite and practically non-single songs can chart on the Hot 100. In the past, this wasn't the case. She has released about 8 albums in the past 4 years, each with various versions, and her fans are collectors. Also, after COVID, there's huge demand for tours and her PR team works overnight to create a narrative of how great she is. It's all fake and calculated. Britney and her team were never that desperate and if they were, Britney would have surpassed Madonna by now

1. Taylor's "peak" (as y'all call it) has been going for who knows how long now. She's literally been selling/streaming millions of records and selling out tours for almost 10 years. The fact that you're saying she's at her "peak" over 10 years into her career kind of cements the fact that she has longevity.

2. The fact that re-releases are outselling studio albums says enough about how big her fanbase is. 

3. Are you really using COVID as an excuse for her success? COVID's been "gone" for years now...you really need new material.

4. Britney's team wasn't desperate? I'm sorry, but you don't call this desperate? A 'Live from Las Vegas" show weeks after 9/11, MTV hosting Britney every other week on TRL, releasing a PR movie under the guise of "Britney's first major motion picture" then using the soundtrack as a base for her 3rd album, countless interviews and appearances on sitcoms...none of that is considered desperate? That is literally no different than what Taylor is doing now. Britney was/is the epitome of MANUFACTURED POP STAR. That is quite literally HER BRAND.

The delusion of it all...

Edited by Sia
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block