Have you heard this "Gimme More" sample?

joe sp

4 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I don’t think it’s a direct Gimme More sample. Sounds like it’s just the same synth sound but at a diff beat…but I could be wrong. Im no Danja! :byebye_goodbye_leaving:

It’s literally the same synth just repitched and they then used the same kick drum and clap. 

So yah…sample.

5 minutes ago, Sia said:

It’s literally the same synth just repitched and they then used the same kick drum and clap. 

So yah…sample.

The kick drum and clap in this way have been used many times. The synth is the same but is in a different note progression than what’s on Gimme More. Just because there are sounds that the same but used in a transformative way, I don’t think constitutes as a sample. No ones going to call out the use of strings, guitars or pianos in a song as a sample just because they can produce the same sound as another song. I still don’t think it’s a direct sample from what I’m hearing. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

The kick drum and clap in this way have been used many times. The synth is the same but is in a different note progression than what’s on Gimme More. Just because there are sounds that the same but used in a transformative way, I don’t think constitutes as a sample. No ones going to call out the use of strings, guitars or pianos in a song as a sample just because they can produce the same sound as another song. I still don’t think it’s a direct sample from what I’m hearing. 

"The kick drum and clap in this way have been used many times."

We're not talking about a generic kick drum and clap sound element here that is used across hundreds of generic dance songs. Both the kick drum and clap from 'Gimme More' are CUSTOM made using a variety different sound elements. To suggest that someone was able to replicate it exactly the way Danja did is quite a stretch.

As for the synths, same story. We're not talking about a generic synth sound here. A sample does not need to be in the same progression either. A sample is just that, a sample of a sound being taken and used to create new work.

We can all make sounds that sound similar to the originals, but there's also a such thing as called artistic integrity. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block