Top 10 Britney Songs We Listen Differently To Since Reading “The Woman In Me”

This video was uploaded by MsMojo on YouTube, and it’s very interesting. I think it reasons with most GP opinions. https://youtu.be/RexBwRatfKk?si=VnSHkcxYNRDKu0PM

See the list below

Spoiler

10. Chillin With You

9. Just Luv Me

8. Piece of Me

7. What’s Like To Be Me

6. Alien

5. Lucky

4. Gimme More

3. I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman

2. Overprotected (Darkchild Remix)

1. Everytime

Other songs mentioned: Man on the Moon, Kill The Lights, Unusual You, Lonely, Let Me Be, Mona Lisa, Stronger

What other songs do you listen differently to now?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, hybirdfox said:

This video was uploaded by MsMojo on YouTube, and it’s very interesting. I think it reasons with most GP opinions. https://youtu.be/RexBwRatfKk?si=VnSHkcxYNRDKu0PM

See the list below

Hide contents

10. Chillin With You

9. Just Luv Me

8. Piece of Me

7. What’s Like To Be Me

6. Alien

5. Lucky

4. Gimme More

3. I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman

2. Overprotected (Darkchild Remix)

1. Everytime

Other songs mentioned: Man on the Moon, Kill The Lights, Unusual You, Lonely, Let Me Be, Mona Lisa, Stronger

What other songs do you listen differently to now?

Chilling with Lou:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

I mean what a lack of taste

5 minutes ago, hybirdfox said:

:OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes: Yas, I would have put that one instead of Just Luv Me or Gimme More

It's arguably the only song which the book completely changed its meaning

Everytime is still a song about grieving the loss of a loved one

The "There's somebody watching over you" in Someday has a whole different meaning nowadays, and the song makes all the sense in the world now

• Love 1

When my boyfriend and I saw her Piece of  Me tour, he asked what my favorite songs were and I said that honestly one of them was the If I’m Dancing interlude. It was so light and fun, and seemed like such a wonderful release for the crowd. It struck me that it was such a joyful song in a way that not many Britney songs are. She has lots of upbeat and uptempo songs, but most are rooted in angst and empowerment, and few are just pure unadulterated joy. It’s happy, irreverent, and wonderfully weird.

Hearing that it’s one of her favorite songs and they added that interlude to appease her (which only served to understandably annoy her), solidified just how special that song is. I’m so glad she loves it. Up there with Mood Ring and Slumber Party for the top Glory tracks for me. :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, filmandstage13 said:

When my boyfriend and I saw her Piece of  Me tour, he asked what my favorite songs were and I said that honestly one of them was the If I’m Dancing interlude. It was so light and fun, and seemed like such a wonderful release for the crowd. It struck me that it was such a joyful song in a way that not many Britney songs are. She has lots of upbeat and uptempo songs, but most are rooted in angst and empowerment, and few are just pure unadulterated joy. It’s happy, irreverent, and wonderfully weird.

Hearing that it’s one of her favorite songs and they added that interlude to appease her (which only served to understandably annoy her), solidified just how special that song is. I’m so glad she loves it. Up there with Mood Ring and Slumber Party for the top Glory tracks for me. :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

I see. She tried to perform "If I'm Dancing" for us:tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: I really love the song, it’s a gem of the world. I wish I could have seen it.

Work ***** - I am glad she likes it cause I feel uncomfortable about it a bit which is a shame cause I love it 

passenger - I always had the conspiracy theory that she sang that song bad on purpose and I stand by that theory 

someday - extra heartbreaking knowing she had an abor**on prior to the birth of her sons

Liar - hi Justin!!!! 

chillin with you -at the time it came out I thought it was something they wanted to do together and was a cute song … now it’s even more obvious it was a ploy to squeeze Jamie Lynn on her record barf 

not a girl not yet a woman - of course I have a new appreciation!!! :) 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block