LAWYER READY TO SETTLE WITH JAMIE ... But There's A Big Problem

BRITNEY SPEARS LAWYER READY TO SETTLE WITH JAMIE ... But There's A Big Problem

Britney Spears' lawyer has sent an email to the lawyer repping Jamie Spears, hurling numerous allegations against her dad -- opening the door for settlement negotiations -- but we're told Jamie's lawyer wasn't having it, saying he blew it by waiting way too long.

Two sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Mathew Rosengart's email opened with an acknowledgment Jamie was in poor health and this might be an appropriate time to acknowledge his alleged misdeeds during the conservatorship and pay Britney an unspecified sum so the legal dispute could be put to bed.

One of his claims ... Jamie authorized the illegal surveillance of Britney ... specifically her phone. Here's the problem for Rosengart ... he never filed a lawsuit claiming illegal surveillance and the statute of limitations lapsed more than a year ago. Besides that, we're told Jamie's lawyer responded to Rosengart he was dead wrong about illegal surveillance.

Jamie has made a demand for Britney to pay certain attorneys fees he incurred connected with the conservatorship, but Rosengart says that's a no-go. We've learned Jamie's lawyer actually offered a year ago to withdraw that claim if Rosengart withdrew his claims against Jamie, but Rosengart said no. Now, a year later, Rosengart seems ready to talk settlement, but we're told it didn't go over well with Jamie's team because of all the threats and allegations.

Now the case is set for trial in May, and we're told there is explosive evidence that would not be favorable to Britney. Beyond that, some of the biggest claims Rosengart has made will never go to court because the statute of limitations has run, and the conservatorship judge approved some of the expenditures Rosengart is contesting.

Sounds like an uphill climb.

Whatever TMZ is saying is full of half truths.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Grace Kelly said:

What utter, ill-informed b*ll****.

Explosive evidence, what explosive evidence? What could that even possibly be? Britney did not have control over anything for the past 13 years! He was after all "Britney Spears". Regarding the statutute of limitations that is also nonsense. As the conservator he had a personal and fiduciary responsibility to her as the conservatee and if he is shown to have breached that he will be held responsible and the £45 million bond that is in place will have to pay out. That is why the conservatorship court made him take one out in the first place and the bond company will make Jamie Spears pay them back if it pays out to compenstate Britney. The statute of limitations for a potential lawsuit is irrelevant here, as we are talking about procedures under the conservatorship court to wrap up the conservatorship. 

Nothing more than team con bravado, who I have no doubt in my mind have been the ones desparate to settle. He is probably nervous about the trial and the potential consequences, although he is somewhat familiar with the bankruptcy processes which will inevitably come if it goes Britney's way.       

Exactly! When it comes to tmz and Britney, I believe the exact opposite of what they say. Jamie and co are scared. They can say whatever they want about Britney, but at the end of the day, they were the ones forcing her to work. So they were either forcing a mentally incapacitated person to work for other people's gain or they lied. Either way, it should be a lose lose situation. 

• Like 7

If by explosive evidence they mean releasing whatever medical history she has, then they are bottom of the barrel trash and deserve every bad thing that happens to them. Rosengart is trying to extend an olive branch and do Papa Spears a favor since he knows he probably doesn’t have long left, and this is how they want to act. I’m so disgusted. 

• Love 5

I wonder What explosive info could they have that they havent used in the past??? mmmmmmmm

Another scoop about how she is addicted to caffeine and her family is worried?

:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Britney has a big heart, because if I was her I could care less if Parnell  was on a deathbed. I will be like: Give me my money before your eternal station in HELL :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

• 5 months later...
On 10/27/2023 at 7:44 AM, Switchy said:

BRITNEY SPEARS LAWYER READY TO SETTLE WITH JAMIE ... But There's A Big Problem

Britney Spears' lawyer has sent an email to the lawyer repping Jamie Spears, hurling numerous allegations against her dad -- opening the door for settlement negotiations -- but we're told Jamie's lawyer wasn't having it, saying he blew it by waiting way too long.

Two sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Mathew Rosengart's email opened with an acknowledgment Jamie was in poor health and this might be an appropriate time to acknowledge his alleged misdeeds during the conservatorship and pay Britney an unspecified sum so the legal dispute could be put to bed.

One of his claims ... Jamie authorized the illegal surveillance of Britney ... specifically her phone. Here's the problem for Rosengart ... he never filed a lawsuit claiming illegal surveillance and the statute of limitations lapsed more than a year ago. Besides that, we're told Jamie's lawyer responded to Rosengart he was dead wrong about illegal surveillance.

Jamie has made a demand for Britney to pay certain attorneys fees he incurred connected with the conservatorship, but Rosengart says that's a no-go. We've learned Jamie's lawyer actually offered a year ago to withdraw that claim if Rosengart withdrew his claims against Jamie, but Rosengart said no. Now, a year later, Rosengart seems ready to talk settlement, but we're told it didn't go over well with Jamie's team because of all the threats and allegations.

Now the case is set for trial in May, and we're told there is explosive evidence that would not be favorable to Britney. Beyond that, some of the biggest claims Rosengart has made will never go to court because the statute of limitations has run, and the conservatorship judge approved some of the expenditures Rosengart is contesting.

Sounds like an uphill climb.

Whatever TMZ is saying is full of half truths.

Looks like Britney might have settled because of her father's health?

Edited by Lola2790
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block