Britney recalls running into Justin Timberlake backstage at the 2007 VMAs: he had a lot of swagger

2 hours ago, lalaroses said:

Nikki Deloach said this years ago. That Justin told Nikki that Britney looked at him as if she didn’t know who he was backstage. 

Woah, I never heard that. Do you have a link for when she said this? 

I only heard that he knocked on her door and tried to give her a message when she wouldn’t come out. Honestly that could explain his continued anger over the years if he was under the impression that she cared so little about him she didn’t even recognize him. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, katiespears said:

Woah, I never heard that. Do you have a link for when she said this? 

I only heard that he knocked on her door and tried to give her a message when she wouldn’t come out. Honestly that could explain his continued anger over the years if he was under the impression that she cared so little about him she didn’t even recognize him. 

It was during the “We Need To Talk About Britney” podcast “Everytime with Nikki Deloach” 

Although Nikki thought it had more to do with Britney’s mental health, like her literally not recognizing him rather than her pretending not to recognize him. 

Edited by lalaroses
  • Love 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, lalaroses said:

Nikki Deloach said this years ago. That Justin told Nikki that Britney looked at him as if she didn’t know who he was backstage. 

Good for her. Imagine the princess of pop not knowing who you are after years of dating you? Flop behaviour. I hope he cried to his mamma afterwards.

:trash_throw_away_recycle:

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, lalaroses said:

The weird thing is that days after the vmas Justin went on Oprah and said he had not spoken to her in years. Maybe he was upset she acted like she didn’t know him. (As per Nikki deloach) 

Justin has always put up a front about Britney that he doesn't care when in reality he was completley obsessed for years and years. He came across as a snivelling smirking little tool in that interview, I remember it well.

Spoiler

Can you tell I hate him.:bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

• Haha 1
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, lalaroses said:

Although Nikki thought it had more to do with Britney’s mental health, like her literally not recognizing him rather than her pretending not to recognize him. 

Interesting, how many other things Britney does that people think is due to her mental health but there's actually a good reason and we just dont know everything.

P.S. jt being on top when she was at her lowest back then. I have a feeling tables about to turn. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

If that is her response in the book then in that moment Britney might have started to lose her own judgment about her artistic standards because even though i know seeing her vma from 2007 NOW doesnt seem that bad and that the comments about her body were beyond disgusting, at THAT moment seeing her perform like that was a shocker for good reasons that have nothing to do with her body. It was the very fist time we saw her “out of it”, unstable, insecure, eyes without any sort of passion, and  EVEN if she had done it amazingly the performance itself was just NOT on her previous work standards for that stage or any stage. It became iconic for everything it represented but i hoped decades after that she would acknowledge she was off in her book. I totally understand now everything she was going through but THATS what i hoped she clarified and.. healed. Hey i was going through this and that and also mtv played me or any sort of clarification about her performance skill downgrading and evrything that happened that night 

Edited by BritneyLover

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block