Shakira charged again with Tax Evasion

Cqleb

• Content Curators

Prosecutors in Spain allege Shakira defrauded the state of €6.7m ($7.1m, £5.8m) in 2018.

They say this happened when she failed to declare millions in advance payments for her El Dorado World Tour, among other payments.

Spanish prosecutors opened the second investigation in July 2023, but released the details on Tuesday.

Spanish network RTVE says Shakira is aware of the new charges, but news agency Reuters reports that Shakira's legal team in Miami where she now lives  has not yet been told about them.

Instead, they were "focused on preparing for the trial for the 2012-14 fiscal years, which will begin on Nov 20," they told Reuters in a statement.

The new charges hinge on the fact that in 2018, Shakira was living in Barcelona with football star Gerard Pique and was therefore required to tax all her international revenue there.

“They argue that she instead diverted her money to "companies domiciled in countries with low taxation and high opacity".

Shakira faces trial over six separate alleged tax crimes in Barcelona this November - charges she has denied. 

In that case, she has been accused of failing to pay €14.5m ($15.3m, £12.6m) in tax between 2012 and 2014, but has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing. 

"I am confident that I have enough proof to support my case and that justice will prevail in my favour" - Shakira in an interview with the Spanish edition of Elle.

T.CO

Spanish prosecutors claim the singer has defrauded the state of more than €6m.

And the talks was gone but doing research,  apparently her comments towards Pique is why this is happening. 

Wesley snipes spent only 3 years in prison for tax evasion, but almost a full decade,  and that's by the time her two kids are both grown up, so it's very more looking like his family (Pique is wanting to destroy her, etc. )

Apparently they did this to football players who played for Spain but never lived there Ronaldo and Massi. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block