Crossroads returning to theaters next month to celebrate Britney's new book & RCA to release soundtrack and new merch

1 hour ago, Pinky98 said:

This movie needs to be promoted as a cult classic like it deserves to be. I wanna see posters, I wanna see online ads, I wanna see TV ads.

Crossroads deserves the same attention that Mean Girls and Clueless has.

All three deserve to be the trinity :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

1 hour ago, Eternalhouse said:

I've never seen these before! They're very fantasy perfume commercial-ish. Cute! Thanks for sharing!

But honestly I think the movie got criticism just because it Britney Spears acting... the media and other fanbases loved to hate on her. (Like how Zoe Saldana said, it was cool at the time to do so). It wasn't that bad imo. (Yes, it could have been better, but still ok for me 😊)

A reunion would be fun, but one can only dream I guess.😌

No :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:
the movie is not bad, it's funny, but it's not a cult movie, it's not at the level of Mean Girls and Clueless ever!
Everybody remembers those two movies but no one except the fans remember Crossroads.:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:
Even if many don't want to accept it, Britney's performance in the movie is very weak/bland, she is not a good actress! :shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus:
she was very good in MMC but then .... became bad.
just look at her on SNL, she was not concentrated and every second she was looking to the side to see the script written on help boards.

but hey, it'll be great to see it again in theaters.:clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited:

• Haha 2
  • Like 2
45 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

I'd say putting the movie in theaters is not that much of a cash-grab. In fact studios have to pay a lot to movie theaters in order to get their movies playing. This is not a movie they're expecting to generate tons of millions of dollars, so I'd say it's a decision where they have more to lose than gain. They seem to have booked over 800 screens which is a HUGE number in terms of money, so hopefully it'll be sold out  :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

the Crossroads merch is a cash-grab move for sure :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I still celebrate this, I think it's a GREAT and unexpected way of promoting the book! This is a coming-of-age movie and that's exactly what I'm expecting from her memoir :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

I agree. :) 

59 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

No :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:
the movie is not bad, it's funny, but it's not a cult movie, it's not at the level of Mean Girls and Clueless ever!
Everybody remembers those two movies but no one except the fans remember Crossroads.:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:
Even if many don't want to accept it, Britney's performance in the movie is very weak/bland, she is not a good actress! :shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus:
she was very good in MMC but then .... became bad.
just look at her on SNL, she was not concentrated and every second she was looking to the side to see the script written on help boards.

but hey, it'll be great to see it again in theaters.:clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited:

I remember I went to see it with my sister in 2002, she's older than me and not a fan. The audience were singing all of Britney's song while playing the movie and my sister was so mad lol. She wanted to hear Britney singing and remain focused on the movie so she would scream 'Shut up, ***h0les' to the audience :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Lovely memory :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

Edited by pablitonizer
  • Haha 4
39 minutes ago, Sia said:

Why do they have to do Britney like that?

Re-releasing her movie (which was panned by critics) weeks after Taylor's Eras Tour hits theaters.

Cant you just enjoy watching the movie and the happiness of seeing her on big screens instead of just complaining about competence? This is beyond ridiculous. This is a 20 years old movie, it's no way competing with Taylor and it's obvioulsy not the idea.

My god. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4

I would love for her to release unreleased songs from that era. It would be great if she could also release the 2nd version of the music video for 'I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman' or even upload the music video of the 'Overprotected (Darkchild Remix)' on her official YouTube channel. Unfortunately, I know it's not going to happen because her label is absolutely terrible.

Spoiler

:bouncey:

• Love 2

Meh, also makes me feel the title of the book had to do with this …

let’s name the book a line from the main song from the movie … 

doesn’t make the title feel authentic …and also the cover is from that era …

makes me feel like they are treating this entire project like it came out in 2002 …

watch her only talk about 1981-2004 lol

should’ve called it “you wanna a piece of nostalgia”

nonethless if I can find someone to see this with me I’d go

Edited by devilsadvocate
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Meh, also makes me feel the title of the book had to do with this …

let’s name the book a line from the main song from the movie … 

doesn’t make the title feel authentic …and also the cover is from that era …

makes me feel like they are treating this entire project like it came out in 2002 …

watch her only talk about 1981-2004 lol

should’ve called it “you wanna a piece of nostalgia”

nonethless if I can find someone to see this with me I’d go

What are u even going on about? Only this fan base complains that a film is getting put out to celebrate the release of the book. U literally know nothing based off this, ur just making assumptions. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
45 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

What are u even going on about? Only this fan base complains that a film is getting put out to celebrate the release of the book. U literally know nothing based off this, ur just making assumptions. 

Makes me feel .. was said like 4 times in my post. I didn’t pass my feelings as fact lol .. I can feel how I want to feel ..

I’m not a girl don’t tell me what to believe 

Edited by devilsadvocate

Sth is going on with the Britney era for sure. 

I feel like Britney is behind it to some extent. Her style on insta reminds me of that era and when she announced the release date of it she was dressed up like 2001ney. 

The title of the book could be from the song and now this kind of promo.

I am not exactly thrilled because there isn't sth new til now but they have created a vibe around the project and we can assume that there is still some type of team around her?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.