Britney turned down any on-camera interviews, including with Oprah, to discuss 'The Woman In Me'

Lola2790

2 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

yeah I mean. she did no interviews in 2007 and then decided to do one promo for Gimme More/Blackout I think and she immediately was asked if 'she's doing enough for her sons' or something of that sort. I mean these interviewers just want headlines and the best headlines are that mock her directly.

I totally understand her and am not wondering why she refuses to speak with these nasty journalists.

Yes, I think she doesn't want anyone to have the opportunity to throw dirt on her.

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, Benjamyn said:

As someone who is on stage quite a bit, I find it FAR easier to be in front of thousands of people on stage, than in a room with one person on-camera...

And I feel that she would feel the same.

I can see that especially since being one on one is much more personal than performing on stage for thousands.

• Like 2

She isn’t doing interviews because she can’t handle even the simplest of questions. All y’all act like she’s Einstein in here. Just accept that an interview/performance/anything is not going to happen. And it’s not because she is “letting the material speak for itself” as the owner of this site tries to spin it. Britney can’t even speak in normal conversation let alone an interview. Facts are facts.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 5
5 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

:plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised: Oh wow I did not think of that.

It is true that anyone who interviews her will definitely ask her about her Instagram and probably ask triggering questions about whether it would put her back in a conservatorship or they'd mention her family.

So I can see why she'd avoid it especially since there have 2 interviews where the person interviewing her made her cry.

Yes, that's my opinion.

I actually said this when I asked myself why I wouldn't want to do interviews even with an opportunity like this book and I found that I would be afraid that someone would ask me uncomfortable questions and try to corner me and I would felt anxiety.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

“Wanting to actually see Britney is ok”

Girl Britney is dancing & living her best life flying back & forth to Mexico. She’s as fine as she can be given her circumstances.

Kind of wack that an interview is what you want to prove she’s okay, even if she herself is not ready. And also, what if she’s not okay? Given what they did to her, it would be completely normal for her to be distraught still. Back off & let her be. 

When they’re pumping out books and music and wanting fans to buy it then yep, funny enough I do actually want to know Britney herself has part in it and wants to be releasing these projects. Not interested in lining someone else’s pockets because they’ve slapped Britney’s name on something, but you do you. ‘Living her best life’ - surrounded only by the same ppl all the time, one of whom dines with Larry Rudolph with a big smile on his face, ok then. With ppl like Laura Wasser involved back in her affairs 😂😂 With a departed husband who was clearly a handler but celebrities acted like their relationship was legit when anyone with eyes could see it was fake. Yup everything is a ok, nothing suss. Sorry I’ll ‘back off’ and go to one of the many other productive threads on here where the ‘real’ fans are engaging in important discussion like trashing her teeth - much better :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

• Love 2
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

yeah I mean. she did no interviews in 2007 and then decided to do one promo for Gimme More/Blackout I think and she immediately was asked if 'she's doing enough for her sons' or something of that sort. I mean these interviewers just want headlines and the best headlines are that mock her directly.

I totally understand her and am not wondering why she refuses to speak with these nasty journalists.

What an insulting thing to ask, “if she’s doing enough for her sons”. Was she not the only parent working back then? What was Kevin doing beside trying to have a flop rap career?

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Joel Santos said:

Are you saying Britney was only relevant in the 2000s?

No I think they meant that Britney in her prime is what a lot of people think of when they hear her name.

It is probably the main positive image people think of Britney because the rest is usually about negative things that have happened in her life.

• Super Mods
35 minutes ago, DeleteMyAccountASAP said:

Yes, that's my opinion.

I actually said this when I asked myself why I wouldn't want to do interviews even with an opportunity like this book and I found that I would be afraid that someone would ask me uncomfortable questions and try to corner me and I would felt anxiety.

True.

Yeah most interviewers would definitely take advantage of the opportunity of interviewing her to ask her VERY personal questions for the sake of online views and ratings.

I mean you can see how anxious she was the entire conservatorship doing interviews.

Probably the only time during those 13 years where she seemed comfortable doing interviews was during the Glory era in 2016 but that was before she was forced against her will in the facility in 2019.

As much as I would love a real interview, I can see why she doesn't want to.

She feels like she has to protect herself, you know?

And people online  who aren't fans would be VERY mean towards her and make fun of any imperfect thing she says or does and probably make memes out of the interview.

I guess she wants to save herself from further humiliation which I understand completely. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 1

I won't deny it, many of us, myself included, had this perfect scenario in mind for Britney after she was freed. Now, people are feeling disappointed and reacting with anger because Britney isn't living up to their expectations of her being the perfect pop star she once was. Remember that nothing is permanent, and attachment leads to suffering. The Britney you once knew is long gone and will never return. We need to learn to accept this reality :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

• Love 4
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

I find it near impossible to believe she wrote this book and I’m not sure I want to buy it because the longer this goes on I still think it’s all so weird, I don’t want give money and buy her products when I still think something is up. How many years now and no interview or anything, it’s not about me wanting her to resume her career or whatever, IDGAF about that, but wanting to actually see Britney is ok and making her own decisions/writing her own book etc. So upsetting, I’ve wanted to hear her story/words about everything so badly but I’m not sure we ever will now :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I feel the same way tbh. i actually dont think this book is going to be anywhere near as revealing as we are expecting especially as its only 288 pages and i remember reading on here she apparently talks about her favourite performances shes done. im sorry but thats not why we wanted a book. my fear is its going to be 'i was made to go under a cship, it was horrible, i got out of it'....end of subject

Having said that, if its true she has turned down a TV interview, as much as its disappointing, i do completely understand why Britney would. She has had so many bad experiences of interviewers asking really inappropriate questions like i remember seeing a clip from like the early 2000s the guy was asking about her breasts and she looked so uncomfortable and she has always seemed nervous and on edge when doing interview. so, to sit down and be asked about the cship and also she would still probably have to be careful on what she can and cant say legally which would be even more added pressure on her, i completely understand why she wouldnt wanna do it. and like someone said on here ages ago, she would just be repeating stuff thats in the book so what would be the point and anything else she probably cant say for legal reasons

i am gutted though. i'd rather a sit down interview than a book. But there would be no point if Britney's uncomfortable doing it ands it wouldnt be fair on her

1 hour ago, BringTheAction said:

She always wrote letters to the fans in her site, and now she frequently posts long captions via IG. why wouldn’t you believe she wrote the book?

Britney has ALWAYS hated doing interviews. Forcing her to sit in front of a bunch of people and do various interviews would prove nothing tbh considering how most of the press tours went that she did during each of her Eras under C-ship. 

She’s gonna do this the way SHE wants to. 

Because the letters were insightful, made sense and gave us actual insight into Britney. The IG is jumbled captions that’s been running a smear campaign against Britney for the past few years, which has been successful as evidenced on this site where now even fans are turning against her. I see zero evidence she wrote this book or had any recent involvement in projects like Mind Your Business.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

True.

Yeah most interviewers would definitely take advantage of the opportunity of interviewing her to ask her VERY personal questions for the sake of online views and ratings.

I mean you can see how anxious she was the entire conservatorship doing interviews.

Probably the only time during those 13 years where she seemed comfortable was during the Glory era in 2016 but that was before she was forced against her will in the facility in 2019.

As much as I would love a real interview, I can see why she doesn't want to.

She feels like she has to protect herself, you know?

And people online  who aren't fans would be VERY mean towards her and make fun of any imperfect thing she says or does and probably make memes out of the interview.

I guess she wants to save herself from further humiliation which I understand completely. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Yes 

• Like 1

I personally think this is gonna be her last big venture for a long time. It’s been years since she’s toured or released an album but I sense she really doesn’t want to be in the spotlight at all right now. 

people can say what they want about her posting on social media or going out but I think she just wants to live a normal life for now.

4 hours ago, Louis-j said:

But I doubt her publishing company gave her 15 million without wanting her to do some kind of promo for it... :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

i might be talking rubbish but i was shocked she only got 15 million. i dont know about book deals but to me it sounded low for someone like Britney. if it is low, could that be because she refused to do any promo for it?? Or is 15 million low, i dont know. i remember people on here at the time saying they were surprised it was only 15 million

13 minutes ago, Henry. said:

I won't deny it, many of us, myself included, had this perfect scenario in mind for Britney after she was freed. Now, people are feeling disappointed and reacting with anger because Britney isn't living up to their expectations of her being the perfect pop star she once was. Remember that nothing is permanent, and attachment leads to suffering. The Britney you once knew is long gone and will never return. We need to learn to accept this reality :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

That is very true, I once said even if she puts out another album it's never going to be the same or on the level of other artists in terms of promotions.

We may get b10 and then no album for another 5 years after or more, As time has gone on I don't see her doing a promotion cycle for an album like her previous efforts.

It's sad. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

i might be talking rubbish but i was shocked she only got 15 million. i dont know about book deals but to me it sounded low for someone like Britney. if it is low, could that be because she refused to do any promo for it?? Or is 15 million low, i dont know. i remember people on here at the time saying they were surprised it was only 15 million

$15M low? she got one of the largest deals for individual books in history along with USA president Bill Clinton :orangu_orangutan_ape:

This is not a tour or residency lol - it's an industry that was in a comma until the pandemic made people to start reading actual books again. She was really lucky to get that amount of money without a single promo tbqfh! :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Edited by pablitonizer
  • Love 3

I am sorry for the fans that had hope Britney will do something career related like that. I understand many people feel disappointed...i think for right now we need to accept that Britney really had enough of that aspect of her fame, isn't able to communicate like we want her to, and prefers the attention she gets via insta.

the way i see her she has debilitating anxiety when it comes to interviews. the last public appearance she made in 2019 for Sam, she didnt talk at all...the Domination announcement either...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block