I made a new solo mix of Mind Your Business! If you didn't like the song before, maybe you will now.

Like many (but not all!) I'm not so crazy about the official version of Mind Your Business, so I've edited it into a new version that I think fixes a lot of issues I had with the song.

•Britney only! Pieced together from the official mix and that AI-generated solo mix

•Restructured to be less repetitive, focusing on the dance-pop sections and reducing the "washido" rap to a single verse bridge (and I removed the "dogs" verse entirely because it is unsalvageable)

•I added audio elements from paparazzi videos and the 2006 Matt Lauer interview to provide better context to the theme of the song (plus, I think it's cool how some modern songs, especially by Drake, include sounds bites like that)

•Enhanced other elements with some subtle instrumentals, sound effects, and the "b.i.tch" from Gimme More (I also added the Work B.!.tch "b.i.tch" to that last one with the chorus)

I made new cover art as well, which is designed to evoke the TMZ logo because duh (and the roses in the red are a nod to Brit Brit of course).

I hope y'all listen and like it!!!

Edited by Tetris
  • Love 4
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Tetris said:

I mean, after listening to this song for like 3 days straight while I worked on this, I think I need a break from MYB. Hahaha

You picked really cool bits from paps/interviews etc.  Lots of care went into it:wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas: I didn't even realise she was singing William's part :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: til Ainey said 'looky lou's' :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: So good! 

ZCuRgf1.gif

Edited by PlatinumB
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

You picked really cool bits from paps/interviews etc.  Lots of care went into it:wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas: I didn't even realise she was singing William's part :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: til Ainey said 'looky lou's' :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: So good! 

ZCuRgf1.gif

Thank you! I def put a lot of thought into it. 

I’m super thankful for whoever made that AI a cappella. Because I don’t want anymore fücking collars. 

• Love 1

Btw this is good! I didn’t expect it to be. The I incorporation  of the 2007 paparazzi audio was super cool as an addition. Genuinely good job!! I personally feel like the issue with the official song isn’t even will, but the way the speak talk at the beginning feels a bit empty. I think it should’ve started on the singing. I also feel like they should’ve included the “b/tch” from the gimmie more sample instead 

Edited by River Red
  • Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block