S Club 'These Are The Days' out now - first single in 20 years as a tribute to late bandmate Paul

-

S Club are releasing their first single in 20 years in tribute to late bandmate Paul Cattermole.

I can reveal they will thrill fans by releasing new song These Are The Days this week, on Wednesday, after being left devastated when Paul died suddenly of heart issues aged 46 in April.

The music video will show his bandmates Rachel Stevens, Jo O’Meara, Bradley McIntosh, Jon Lee and Tina Barrett emotionally reminiscing about Paul with a series of photos and clips.

A source said: “It didn’t look like S Club were ever going to make music again but Paul’s tragic passing has brought them closer than ever. They have bonded in their grief.

“The single has been written by the same team who were behind the majority of their No1s.

“It is a beautiful slice of nostalgia and fans will instantly recognise it as S Club.

“It sounds like a classic which will slot right in with their old tunes.

“It is about looking back at what an amazing man Paul was and the video was extremely emotional for them all.

“It celebrates his life and the amazing career S Club have had.”

They have signed a global partnership with Universal Music UK to put out the song, which will be released on Wednesday.

The group are now a five-piece after Hannah Spearritt’s decision to leave weeks after Paul’s death.

They announced their 25th anniversary reunion in The Sun in February and revealed they would be heading out on a nationwide tour.

That has now almost sold out and will go ahead in October under the new title The Good Times Tour — named after one of the tracks on which Paul had lead vocals.

The band were together from 1998 to 2003, selling more than ten million albums, with all 11 of their singles going Top Five.

Across their four studio albums they had four No1 singles with Bring It All Back, Never Had A Dream Come True, Don’t Stop Movin’ and Have You Ever.

F1y88PvWYAEji9d?format=jpg&name=large

F1y88PrXwAEJ6Ce?format=jpg&name=large

@PokemonSpears

Edited by Mind Your Business
  • Love 9

it's so bittersweet

of course I love that we're getting new S Club music, but it's sad that it had to occur in this way.

I still can't believe Paul's gone :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: The Bring It All Back video always pops up in my YouTube playlists, and I just can't believe he passed away so young. And now with Hannah leaving the band as well, it's just all very sad.

I had hopes they had recorded something the seven together in this past year and that maybe they would release that but it seems that it may not be the case

Edited by PokemonSpears
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

it's so bittersweet

of course I love that we're getting new S Club music, but it's sad that it had to occur in this way.

I still can't believe Paul's gone :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: The Bring It All Back video always pops up in my YouTube playlists, and I just can't believe he passed away so young. And now with Hannah leaving the band as well, it's just all very sad.

I had hopes they had recorded something the seven together in these past year and that maybe they would release that but it seems that it may not be the case

I know what you mean :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

It is definitely very bittersweet, but I can't help but be so excited. I wonder if this will be the start of something or just a one-off single to pay tribute/ahead of the tour.

Definitely just a song from the 5 remaining the members, they have been sharing videos from the studio on instagram the past few weeks.

Hannah is also releasing a tell-all book around the time the tour starts :queenie_falling_dying_dead: However, saying this she has liked a post of the 5 of them on the S Club page as recent as last week.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It's so sad, but I'm also VERY here for it. They deserve to continue making music if it makes them happy.  I wish things were different and they never lost Paul but they are all very talented people and their music has aged wonderfully.  I hope they add a few US dates to their tour.

• Love 3

@PokemonSpears they’ve revealed they’ve got a project next year :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Hannah might join them next year on the ‘project’, sounds like an album maybe?!

full interview:

Club revealed in an interview with The Sun that concerns grew when Paul stopped answering the phone and replying to messages as the reunited group planned their comeback.

The hit group was told the news in a late-night phone call.

It left Rachel Stevens, Jo O’Meara, Bradley McIntosh, Jon Lee, Tina Barrett and Hannah Spearitt reeling.

Jo, 44, said: “Our management called. Me and Jon were the first to hear. It was about half past nine on Thursday night.

“I think I just went completely silent at first. It was awful.”

Jon, 41, revealed: “It was like someone had punched me in the stomach.”

Tina, 46, said: “I was at home with my son, we were just watching TV and I picked up the call.

“At first I was just like, ‘This isn’t real . . . it can’t be real. You’ve made a mistake’.

“I still can’t believe it’s real.”

Jo added: “It was horrendous. It was just a complete shock.”

Paul was found dead at his home in Dorset on April 6.

The news was announced the following day, Good Friday — with a coroner later stating it was due to “natural causes.”

In an exclusive first interview since the tragedy, the group told The Sun how they had made panicked phone calls to Paul in the hours before he was discovered.

They became worried when he stopped answering the phone and replying to messages.

Jon recalled: “We’d done a Zoom call with him, all of us, on the Monday. Then our management had messaged him a few times and it hadn’t shown that it’d been read on WhatsApp.

“So it was like, ‘Is he all right?’ But then it was like, ‘Yeah it’s Paul. You know, sometimes he doesn’t answer his phone’.

“Then the next day I phoned him and messaged him.

“Everyone was trying to get hold of him . . . and no one could.”

Seven weeks before Paul died, the group announced in The Sun that they were reuniting.

And three days before his passing they had all spoken of their plans for the future as a group.

S Club had already almost sold out a 15-date arena tour and were planning to record new music.

As S Club 7 they were one of the biggest groups of the late Nineties and early Noughties — with four UK No1 singles including Never Had A Dream Come True and Don’t Stop Movin’.

Today they return with their first single in 20 years called These Are The Days, and a tear-jerking music video in which they pay tribute to Paul by looking back at moments from their lives together.

Speaking about bonding over their grief, Rachel, 45 said: “It’s brought us even closer.”

Jo continued: “He was so excited about this reunion and so I think we’re all trying to make this as special as we possibly can.

“We all reflect on him with a smile on our face.

“The smiles have replaced the tears, in a really positive way.

“We just remember him for the goofy Paul that he always was.

“We’re always referencing him and he’s always part of everything that we’re doing, especially with the single, the video and the tour.

“He will always be around in some way, shape or form.”

Bradley, 41, explained: “His presence is so strong. It doesn’t feel like he’s gone. It feels like he’s still here. We miss him dearly, though.”

The group said they feel lucky that they were able to reconcile before his death, having not been in the same room for eight years until they reunited in February.

Rachel said: “To have that time together was really special. We all reconnected again as who we are now. Paul felt part of it. We all felt part of it.”

Jon said: “Moving forward, you realise life is too short. You never know what’s going to happen.

“So when you’re given an opportunity like this, you grab it and run with it. We’re going to push it as far as we can go because it’s a gift.”

But they are continuing without Hannah, 42, who pulled out of the reunion following Paul’s death.

She had dated him from 2001 to 2006 and they briefly rekindled their romance in 2015.

Speaking in April, Hannah said: “I don’t quite believe that it’s real. I still can’t believe I will never see him again.

“It’s all the more tragic because he was looking forward to the tour the most out of all of us. He just wanted to have fun and enjoy it.”

Asked about Hannah’s departure, Jon said: “I guess that’s a conversation for Hannah to have.

“She’s not going to be joining us on this tour but we’ve got loads of stuff that’s happening next year so the door is always open.

“She might join us on the project next year at some point.”

Tina added: “It’s nothing bad. It’s just that everyone needs their own space.”

They are continuing with the reunion in Paul’s memory and have renamed their forthcoming series of shows The Good Times Tour — a reference to a 2001 song on which Paul had lead vocals.

S Club has had the blessing of his family to continue.

Jon explained: “We were talking to his family quite a lot and we’ve been working very closely with them to make sure everything’s had their OK.

“We want to be very respectful towards his family. But they’re very private.”

The group also believe his spirit visited them on set while they shot the video to their new single.

Tina recalled: “We were all sat down and a butterfly came from nowhere. It was a really bright, beautiful butterfly which flew down and went off.

“I don’t know why, but I just thought, ‘That’s Paul’. It came from nowhere.”

Rachel added: “There’s little signs of Paul everywhere. On the video shoot, there was a vinyl coaster and it said ‘Good Times’ on it. That was his song.”

On their new single, Rachel said: “I think it’s got such a balance of everything that’s happened but also still positive and uplifting.

Jo continued: “It’s a celebration of everything we’ve achieved as a band and looking back on the past, as we move forward.”

They will kick off the tour in Manchester on October 12 and conceded that it will be emotional and there will be tears as they remember Paul.

But they promised their tour as a five-piece will still be a fun show for their fans.

Jo said: “We don’t want people to come to the tour and be sad. It’s more of how amazing he was and let’s celebrate.”

Source: The Sun

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mind Your Business said:

@PokemonSpears they’ve revealed they’ve got a project next year :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Hannah might join them next year on the ‘project’, sounds like an album maybe?!

full interview:

Club revealed in an interview with The Sun that concerns grew when Paul stopped answering the phone and replying to messages as the reunited group planned their comeback.

The hit group was told the news in a late-night phone call.

It left Rachel Stevens, Jo O’Meara, Bradley McIntosh, Jon Lee, Tina Barrett and Hannah Spearitt reeling.

Jo, 44, said: “Our management called. Me and Jon were the first to hear. It was about half past nine on Thursday night.

“I think I just went completely silent at first. It was awful.”

Jon, 41, revealed: “It was like someone had punched me in the stomach.”

Tina, 46, said: “I was at home with my son, we were just watching TV and I picked up the call.

“At first I was just like, ‘This isn’t real . . . it can’t be real. You’ve made a mistake’.

“I still can’t believe it’s real.”

Jo added: “It was horrendous. It was just a complete shock.”

Paul was found dead at his home in Dorset on April 6.

The news was announced the following day, Good Friday — with a coroner later stating it was due to “natural causes.”

In an exclusive first interview since the tragedy, the group told The Sun how they had made panicked phone calls to Paul in the hours before he was discovered.

They became worried when he stopped answering the phone and replying to messages.

Jon recalled: “We’d done a Zoom call with him, all of us, on the Monday. Then our management had messaged him a few times and it hadn’t shown that it’d been read on WhatsApp.

“So it was like, ‘Is he all right?’ But then it was like, ‘Yeah it’s Paul. You know, sometimes he doesn’t answer his phone’.

“Then the next day I phoned him and messaged him.

“Everyone was trying to get hold of him . . . and no one could.”

Seven weeks before Paul died, the group announced in The Sun that they were reuniting.

And three days before his passing they had all spoken of their plans for the future as a group.

S Club had already almost sold out a 15-date arena tour and were planning to record new music.

As S Club 7 they were one of the biggest groups of the late Nineties and early Noughties — with four UK No1 singles including Never Had A Dream Come True and Don’t Stop Movin’.

Today they return with their first single in 20 years called These Are The Days, and a tear-jerking music video in which they pay tribute to Paul by looking back at moments from their lives together.

Speaking about bonding over their grief, Rachel, 45 said: “It’s brought us even closer.”

Jo continued: “He was so excited about this reunion and so I think we’re all trying to make this as special as we possibly can.

“We all reflect on him with a smile on our face.

“The smiles have replaced the tears, in a really positive way.

“We just remember him for the goofy Paul that he always was.

“We’re always referencing him and he’s always part of everything that we’re doing, especially with the single, the video and the tour.

“He will always be around in some way, shape or form.”

Bradley, 41, explained: “His presence is so strong. It doesn’t feel like he’s gone. It feels like he’s still here. We miss him dearly, though.”

The group said they feel lucky that they were able to reconcile before his death, having not been in the same room for eight years until they reunited in February.

Rachel said: “To have that time together was really special. We all reconnected again as who we are now. Paul felt part of it. We all felt part of it.”

Jon said: “Moving forward, you realise life is too short. You never know what’s going to happen.

“So when you’re given an opportunity like this, you grab it and run with it. We’re going to push it as far as we can go because it’s a gift.”

But they are continuing without Hannah, 42, who pulled out of the reunion following Paul’s death.

She had dated him from 2001 to 2006 and they briefly rekindled their romance in 2015.

Speaking in April, Hannah said: “I don’t quite believe that it’s real. I still can’t believe I will never see him again.

“It’s all the more tragic because he was looking forward to the tour the most out of all of us. He just wanted to have fun and enjoy it.”

Asked about Hannah’s departure, Jon said: “I guess that’s a conversation for Hannah to have.

“She’s not going to be joining us on this tour but we’ve got loads of stuff that’s happening next year so the door is always open.

“She might join us on the project next year at some point.”

Tina added: “It’s nothing bad. It’s just that everyone needs their own space.”

They are continuing with the reunion in Paul’s memory and have renamed their forthcoming series of shows The Good Times Tour — a reference to a 2001 song on which Paul had lead vocals.

S Club has had the blessing of his family to continue.

Jon explained: “We were talking to his family quite a lot and we’ve been working very closely with them to make sure everything’s had their OK.

“We want to be very respectful towards his family. But they’re very private.”

The group also believe his spirit visited them on set while they shot the video to their new single.

Tina recalled: “We were all sat down and a butterfly came from nowhere. It was a really bright, beautiful butterfly which flew down and went off.

“I don’t know why, but I just thought, ‘That’s Paul’. It came from nowhere.”

Rachel added: “There’s little signs of Paul everywhere. On the video shoot, there was a vinyl coaster and it said ‘Good Times’ on it. That was his song.”

On their new single, Rachel said: “I think it’s got such a balance of everything that’s happened but also still positive and uplifting.

Jo continued: “It’s a celebration of everything we’ve achieved as a band and looking back on the past, as we move forward.”

They will kick off the tour in Manchester on October 12 and conceded that it will be emotional and there will be tears as they remember Paul.

But they promised their tour as a five-piece will still be a fun show for their fans.

Jo said: “We don’t want people to come to the tour and be sad. It’s more of how amazing he was and let’s celebrate.”

Source: The Sun

:kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: it's still very sad

But I'm glad they're planning more projects for the future. I feel like groups like this should never disband, and should just take more pauses, it just feels like a lot of groups from that era could've given us so much more back in the day, starting with the Spice Girls.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block