Britney Jean is one of my favourite Britney and I here for Britney Jean 2

2013 was my year when Britney had released her  most edgy EDM album Britney Jean, simultaneously Gaga released my most favourite album of hers ARTPOP which was EDM rave party.:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

She co wrote almost each song of it marking her most album that she is involved in lyrically. Starting with Alien where she describes her loneliness at the time being, Work Bxxch an anthem for her hard work and , achievements, Perfume the emotional ballad in which she explores themes of insecurities and jealousy. :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

Wrapped up in heavy electric beats, Till It's Gone is another heartbreak song that include much vulnerability. Body Ache, It Should Be Easy & Tik Tik Boom are fun club songs that are expermiental in their sound. :melt_weird_drift_wow:

In the photoshoot she looked her best in years. Unfortunately, the album was very underrated, lacked promo and was received negatively by most of the fans, same thing happened for ARTPOP. It seems that EDM music is not taken seriously by most of pop fans and its unfortunate. 

I am all here for her to release a follow up of Britney Jean, because I think EDM is the genre that she is mot comfortable with.:katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

Britney Jean had amazing potential to be one of her best albums had it not been rushed and properly formatted. The main issue really was that Britney wasn’t singing and some of the productions sounded like rough demos that didn’t go through proper mastering. I personally wouldn’t mind a Britney Jean 2.0 that is obviously more current. Experimental sounds, house beats, hyperpop, campy productions, etc. I would love for Britney to dive into Tech House or even some Latin influence. I think she has great potential in all of these.

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Like 4

But also, Britney shined the most on her soul/r&b/blues/hip-hop tracks. Her voice suits contemporary r&b very well, particularly during her first four/five eras when she enjoyed playing around with her voice more. That was her true niche and where she shined the most as an artist. I think she mostly hopped into EDM because it became a massive trend after 2009/10 and continues to evolve. Should she go down that route, I would love to see her work with more current people like Zedd, DJ Snake, John Summit, Kygo, Diablo, etc. 

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 3

It’s not as bad as people make it out to be that’s for sure. It had some really great strong tracks like Alien, Work *****, Now That I Found You, Passenger, Perfume. Also some wonderful personal ones like Don’t Cry and Hold On Tight. If only she didn’t rush it so much and have someone else (Looking at you Myah) sing it, it could have been her ROL :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

8 minutes ago, Matheus Carmignani Salvador said:

None of those are current though. They all died in 2017

They’re all currently headlining the biggest music festivals over the world and are massive forces in their respective field. John Summit wasn’t even a thing in 2017 and only gained mainstream success and popularity in just the last year alone. Please bffr rn.

Edited by Joshyworld
59 minutes ago, Slim 10 said:

2013 was my year when Britney had released her  most edgy EDM album Britney Jean, simultaneously Gaga released my most favourite album of hers ARTPOP which was EDM rave party.:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

She co wrote almost each song of it marking her most album that she is involved in lyrically. Starting with Alien where she describes her loneliness at the time being, Work Bxxch an anthem for her hard work and , achievements, Perfume the emotional ballad in which she explores themes of insecurities and jealousy. :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

Wrapped up in heavy electric beats, Till It's Gone is another heartbreak song that include much vulnerability. Body Ache, It Should Be Easy & Tik Tik Boom are fun club songs that are expermiental in their sound. :melt_weird_drift_wow:

In the photoshoot she looked her best in years. Unfortunately, the album was very underrated, lacked promo and was received negatively by most of the fans, same thing happened for ARTPOP. It seems that EDM music is not taken seriously by most of pop fans and its unfortunate. 

I am all here for her to release a follow up of Britney Jean, because I think EDM is the genre that she is mot comfortable with.:katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

Okay, I would buy this album, but only with Britneys voice there. Buying album just for good photoshoot is really not enough for me to do that :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Edited by Flavor Of Love
  • Super Mods

I think the only reason why people don't like Britney Jean is because it was deemed as her most "personal album" yet didn't even have all her vocals on it and the songs were pretty generic and not personal at all.

It was false advertisement but its not Britney's fault.

I think she probably refused to record the songs cause Team Con scrapped her original idea for the album and made this trend chasing EDM one instead.

I will say though that the photoshoot for the album is VERY beautiful and I love it! Its one of her best album photoshoots.

3 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

They’re all currently headlining the biggest music festivals over the world and are massive forces in their respective field. John Summit wasn’t even a thing in 2017 and only gained mainstream success and popularity in just the last year alone. Please bffr rn.

:lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: werk

Edited by Matheus Carmignani Salvador

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block