If Britney chooses to release more music, should she work with Latin/Spanish artists such as Rauw Alejandro, Anitta, KAROL G, Maluma, and/or Rosalia instead?

1 minute ago, Henry. said:

This music is undoubtedly far more captivating and superior to Taylor Swift's chart-dominating songs about heartbreak

spacer.png

To be fair, Taylor has a few gems under her belt. Exile, for example, is an amazing song. Imagine if Britney did a song like that? It would be awesome. Something totally different and mature. The problem is I think she no longer cares about her music career or public image. This latest single really shows that. I didn't think it was possible to get much worse than HMC but I was wrong. 🤣

22 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

OMG please no, not another featuring and

No to a mediocre raggeaton beat style music

Sad Over It GIF by Britney Spears

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Could be as popular as you want, doesn't make it good.

Listen to a pop song from a few years ago. Britney, Xtina, Michael Jackson, Madonna, you name it. You can tell easily who the artist was. They all have their different voices and styles.

Now they all sound the same.

Besides, Britney doesnt need autotune

1 minute ago, Mario said:

I would love a collab with Bad Bunny, Rosalia, J Balvin or Karol G. She loved Latin sounds (MARIA!) and I think it would suit her so well. 

This! It’s sad that fans are once again generalizing and creating false labels towards Latin people by thinking they only do Reggaeton. She can certainly choose the style she wants, it doesn’t have to be Reggaeton.

Just now, Viking84 said:

To be fair, Taylor has a few gems under her belt. Exile, for example, is an amazing song. Imagine if Britney did a song like that? It would be awesome. Something totally different and mature. The problem is I think she no longer cares about her music career or public image. This latest single really shows that. I didn't think it was possible to get much worse than HMC but I was wrong. 🤣

Britney possesses immense potential, I genuinely believe she's a musical genius capable of excelling in almost any genre. However, after the release of Femme Fatale, there hasn't been anything groundbreaking from her up until the present day. With the right direction, she has the potential to reclaim greatness.

But that sounds too good to be true

spacer.png

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Reggaeton has never gone out of style though. If anything, more Latin artists are becoming the forefront of the music industry and Regional Mexican music is now blowing up into the mainstream. Now, I’m not asking Britney to make Regional or Corridos since that would be out of pocket for her but I can see her dive into the Latin market and it being a hell of a lot better than the scraps we’ve been given over the last years. FYI — not all Latin artists make Reggaeton and she can certainly work with a Latin artist without having to do with Reggaeton. 

It hasn't gone out of style in the non-Latin world yet. It will eventually. Anyhow, let's imagine it doesn't. How do you see Britney doing it? Madonna and Christina have both tried to tap into that market and both have come across as inauthentic. A Louisiana girl doing Hispanic music? Nah. At least Christina has a parent from that world even if her Spanish is awful. 🤣

2 minutes ago, NeonDreams said:

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Could be as popular as you want, doesn't make it good.

Listen to a pop song from a few years ago. Britney, Xtina, Michael Jackson, Madonna, you name it. You can tell easily who the artist was. They all have their different voices and styles.

Now they all sound the same.

Besides, Britney doesnt need autotune

Not all Reggaeton music is bad though. What are you trying to say? Why are you generalizing? :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: Not to mention, the music industry isn’t what it used to be in the 90s or doing MJ’s prime. In the last 25 years, there have been endless Latin songs that have been able to tap into Anglo-Saxon markets, stood the test of time and have held up extremely well. I don’t think it’s fair to generalize like that. Oh and if you don’t think Britney needs autotune, the ship for that literally sailed 20 years ago…

19 minutes ago, Viking84 said:

It hasn't gone out of style in the non-Latin world yet. It will eventually. Anyhow, let's imagine it doesn't. How do you see Britney doing it? Madonna and Christina have both tried to tap into that market and both have come across as inauthentic. A Louisiana girl doing Hispanic music? Nah. At least Christina has a parent from that world even if her Spanish is awful. 🤣

I wasn’t aware you had a crystal globe and that you can read into the future to make a claim like that as if it were a fact. If Reggaeton wanted to go out of style, it would have lasted as short as early 2000s post-grunge or 90s britpop or the late 2000s EDM wave. Reggaeton beats have been a trend for a while and had a massive resurgence in the mid-to-late 2010s. Regardless, timeless music remains timeless and Reggaeton continues to evolve. So as long as classics like Oye Mi Canto, Gasolina and Yo Voy remain culturally relevant, it won’t go out of style.

Last, it’s just an idea. All I’m saying is that I’d rather her work with some new and fresh Latin artists than collaborate with a Black Eyed Peas frontman with his outdated EDM who hasn’t even given her a good or truly timeless song.

Edited by Joshyworld
Last paragraph
3 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

I wasn’t aware you had a crystal globe and that you can read into the future to make a claim like that as it were a fact. If Reggaeton wanted to go out of style, it would have lasted as short as early 2000s post-grunge or 90s britpop. Reggaeton beats have been a trend for a while and had a massive resurgence in the mid-to-late 2010s. Regardless, timeless music remains timeless and Reggaeton continues to evolve. So as long as classics like Oye Mi Canto, Gasolina and Yo Voy remain culturally relevant, it won’t go out of style.

You mock me for thinking I know what will happen in the future yet think you know yourself. The arrogance. 🤣

Everything goes in and out of style. Look how music has evolved over the past 100 years. You really think in 300 years that reggaeton will still be popular? Seriously? Even our planet will come to an end one day. It's just a matter of time. Nothing is forever. 

Yes, it will evolve for a period of time. However, it won't top the charts for long. Just look back 20 years to see how drastically different chart music was. In another 20 years, the same will be the case. Mark my words. 

32 minutes ago, Viking84 said:

You mock me for thinking I know what will happen in the future yet think you know yourself. The arrogance. 🤣

Everything goes in and out of style. Look how music has evolved over the past 100 years. You really think in 300 years that reggaeton will still be popular? Seriously? Even our planet will come to an end one day. It's just a matter of time. Nothing is forever. 

Yes, it will evolve for a period of time. However, it won't top the charts for long. Just look back 20 years to see how drastically different chart music was. In another 20 years, the same will be the case. Mark my words. 

It really isn’t that deep, my guy. And nowhere did I ever make a claim that I can read the future to know or use lines like “mark my words”. Saying “it WILL eventually” is very different than saying “it might”, “it could” or referring to the past to compare. 

I’m aware that trends come and go. Some last longer while others don’t. Some trends remain more timeless and are still culturally relevant while others, not as much. No one here is even going to be around in 300 years to decide if Reggaeton is going to be popular or not. Who even cares? Just like Reggaeton classics such as “Gasolina” and “Yo Voy”, Britney has already made her mark in history with her own classics like “Toxic” and “BOMT”; one heavily influenced by bubblegum pop that followed the trend of what was being made at Cheiron in Sweden. Are these songs going to be popular or have a resurgence in sound in 300 years? Nobody knows and I don’t even know why you even bother to ask that. If Gregorian chants from the 15th century have influenced and have been integrated on some of the biggest pop hits of the 21st century, then any timeless musical trend could have the ability to make a resurgence in 300 years. Again, nowhere did I state or claim that everything is supposed to last forever. That has no relevance to what I’m saying, what the OP is stating and my desire for Britney to tap into the Latin market. I don’t even know why you even bother to always argue and make something so minuscule sound so serious and sinister.

Again, it’s just an idea. Latin music is hot. Britney has never really worked with Latin artists and that would be fun if she did. That’s all I’m saying. She can do a song with Flamenco, Salsa, Bossa Nova, Merengue, etc. influence while still being Pop. Shocker! Again, no one said it has to strictly just be Reggaeton and not every one of those Latin artists solely just make Reggaeton music. Like I said, I would rather her work with some new and fresh Latin artists than collaborate with a Black Eyed Peas frontman with his outdated EDM who hasn’t even given her a good or truly timeless song which is something that a lot of us can agree on. Other than that, I promise you, it is not that deep for you to use your platform to argue which I’ve noticed you tend to do. 

PS - when I say “Reggaeton has and will always be the moment”, I was referring to Wendy Williams’ quote “she is an icon, she’s a legend, she’s the moment”. Again. It’s not that serious.

Edited by Joshyworld
1 hour ago, Henry. said:

Britney possesses immense potential, I genuinely believe she's a musical genius capable of excelling in almost any genre. However, after the release of Femme Fatale, there hasn't been anything groundbreaking from her up until the present day. With the right direction, she has the potential to reclaim greatness.

But that sounds too good to be true

spacer.png

If she went the Latin route, who would you like to see her work with? 

spacer.png

Edited by Joshyworld
1 hour ago, Mario said:

I would love a collab with Bad Bunny, Rosalia, J Balvin or Karol G. She loved Latin sounds (MARIA!) and I think it would suit her so well. 

Imagine her doing a rehash of “Maria Maria” :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Such a timeless masterpiece and one of the greatest Latin tracks ever!

Edited by Joshyworld

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block