If Britney chooses to release more music, should she work with Latin/Spanish artists such as Rauw Alejandro, Anitta, KAROL G, Maluma, and/or Rosalia instead?

Do they want to work with her? Sure, Britney is Britney but she’s fallen off the radar and is not popular anymore.  If they choose to work with her it’s because of who she was and not who she is today (I’m not talking about her personality).

Also, would a collab with any of these artists even sound good? Britney’s voice is too overproduced. That’s why they had to drown out her voice in “Hold Me Closer”.

Edited by Pfefferminz
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

OMG please no, not another featuring and

No to a mediocre raggeaton beat style music

Sad Over It GIF by Britney Spears

:ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:

First off, I don’t think Britney herself wants to even go solo. Second, reggaeton is not mediocre when done properly, especially considering how relevant the Latin music market is.

Look at Shakira, she’s scored one of her biggest worldwide hits this year and a universally acclaimed Top 10 by working with one of the hottest Latin artists at the moment. Shakira couldn’t even crack the Top 100 back in 2020 when she worked with Will on “Girl Like Me”. The last time she even made it to the Top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100 was back in 2014. Talk about a musical victory. I’m aware that Shakira is Latin herself but who’s to say that American artists and legends like Britney who are respected by Latin culture can’t dive into other genres/ventures.

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

:ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:

First off, I don’t think Britney herself wants to even go solo. Second, reggaeton is not mediocre when done properly, especially considering how relevant the Latin music market is.

Look at Shakira, she’s scored one of her biggest worldwide hits and a universally acclaimed Top 10 by working with one of the hottest Latin artists at the moment. She couldn’t even crack the Top 100 back in 2020 when she worked with Will on “Girl Like Me”. The last time she even made it to the Top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100 was back in 2014. Talk about a musical victory. 

Meh, all reggaeton sounds the same. Same boring beat, same boring subject matter. Yes, it's very popular right now but that doesn't make it good. 

Edited by Viking84
  • Love 1
Just now, Viking84 said:

Meh, all reggaeton sounds the same. Same boring beat, same boring subject matter. Yes, it's very popular right now but that doesn't make it good. 

Reggaeton has and will always be the moment. Songs like “Gasolina”, despite being almost 20 years old are universally loved and acclaimed by everyone. You go into a club and play that song and it turns into a madhouse. Reggaeton has BEEN popular, it’s not just a trend.

• Love 1
Just now, Henry. said:

This would be interesting and it'd totally bring in a whole new audience for Britney

spacer.png

The millennial Britney stans are throwing a tantrum and want her to work with outdated producers not knowing that the industry has changed a lot from when ITZ/Blackout were released 

spacer.png

It’s as if they want her to be stuck in the past like them 

spacer.png

Just now, Joshyworld said:

Reggaeton has and will always be the moment. Songs like “Gasolina”, despite being almost 20 years old are universally loved and acclaimed by everyone. You go into a club and play that song and it turns into a madhouse. Reggaeton has BEEN popular, it’s not just a trend.

I know it's popular. I am not denying that. It's still generic, repetitive, boring and s**ist. All music styles go in and out of fashion. It's been very popular for a while now so I think it will go out of style again soon, thankfully.

23 minutes ago, super.nova said:

i saw you dancing by the ocean... and then she was like: manjobi manjobi manjobi manjobi manjobi manjobiiii

That was exactly what I was expecting post conservatorship, tbh. A good, mature song, and then some pu22y-popping jam! I don't see them problem.

Just now, Viking84 said:

I know it's popular. I am not denying that. It's still generic, repetitive, boring and s**ist. All music styles go in and out of fashion. It's been very popular for a while now so I think it will go out of style again soon, thankfully.

This music is undoubtedly far more captivating and superior to Taylor Swift's chart-dominating songs about heartbreak

spacer.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Viking84 said:

Reggaeton has never gone out of style though. If anything, more Latin artists are becoming the forefront of the music industry and Regional Mexican music is now blowing up into the mainstream. Now, I’m not asking Britney to make Regional or Corridos since that would be out of pocket for her but I can see her dive into the Latin market and it being a hell of a lot better than the scraps we’ve been given over the last years. FYI — not all Latin artists make Reggaeton and she can certainly work with a Latin artist without having to do with Reggaeton. 

Edited by Joshyworld

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block