What do you think about Britney and will.i.am's new collab "Mind Your Business?"

Britney and will.i.am's new song ''Mind Your Business''   

1,129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, Kevney said:

i'm not talking about critically-acclaimed.

blackout created new Britney fans and people started to see her as a true artist. 

Blackout may have expanded her fanbase to more LGBTQ folks but it wasn't significant to create a wave or hypermania of fans like during her early days (1999-2004). Also, each era of hers gained her new fans. I know people here who became fans during all eras; BOMT, Oops, Britney, ITZ, Blackout, Circus, FF, and Glory. It wasn't just exclusive to Blackout. For example, Slave expanded her fanbase to a mature audience. Toxic as well. And last, people never "started to see her as a true artist" considering that Blackout received mixed reviews from "people"/critics. In fact, her personal life had overshadowed her professional life which steered people away from taking her serious in 2007. If anything, ITZ and songs like Toxic or Everytime were moments that showcased Britney's artistic measure and vulnerability. Ultimately, Toxic was the song that helped her gain longevity beyond the explosive teen pop wave of 1999-2002.

Doing research is very important because I've often times seen fans rewrite Britney's music history through a lot of revisionism. 

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I am hoping that whatever I just heard over on YouTube (that sadly matches the lyrics somebody posted here in the forum under another thread).... I'm hoping its some fan made hoax and a real song will come out tomorrow. 

Or Britney AI will completely reconfigure the entire song with new lyrics and musical score between now and tomorrow.

It’s a thing that exists, and accurate to what one should expect based on who’s involved.

Harmless, lowest common denominator fun.

Literally, fast-food music; “Baby Shark” for adults; glorified advertisement/commercial jingle.

It’s catchy in the same way that “1-800 Kars for Kids” or the Liberty Mutual Insurance songs get stuck in one’s head. 

I kind of like Britney’s verse, especially the “I am the economy” part. But I always find any lyric that earnestly mentions the “paparazzi” as inherently tacky. The “manjobi” part is fine. I really don’t like any of the “washidoo” stuff, will’s verses, or Britney second verse about the dogs.

Ultimately, this is pure junk. But perfect for, like, drinking at pool parties. 

My hype level is 0%

• Like 6

Well the song is actually a bop. It does sound like something that could have been released 10 years ago but I will vibe to it. I’m not sure if it actually is a Britney Jean reject repurposed for 2023 but who knows. 

It’s nothing groundbreaking but clearly a fun song for the clubs. Yeah some of the lyrics are questionable but I’ve heard worse.

The text used on the artwork is basic af though.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.