Hold Me Closer Or Pretty Girls

Both! They're ok songs, nothing too special like her classics if you ask me

Pretty Girls it's ok to go out with your friends, dancing, singing, having fun etc... :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

Hold Me Closer is more chill, like, I know it may sound cheesy but I can see myself listening to this song when I'll go to the beach during the early evening, looking at the sunset while having an ice cream with my bf and stuff like that :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Edited by I Can Bang

Pretty Girls for me, only because of timing and here’s why:

- PG was released at a point in my life where I was feeling super great and I had just moved to a big city from a small town and had met my future partner, I honestly think it’s a bop but it’s just that when I hear it now it kinda takes me back to that time ya know? 

- HMC was released at an extremely dark point in my life, I had lost several people close to me in the year leading up to, lost two jobs due to the pandemic and then relapsed like the week the song released and so I heard it a lot and now I associate it with that period and it’s just bad for me. 

aka I’m just weird 

Awkward Cardi B GIF by Saturday Night Live

HMC is better. I don't care for either songs, though. PG was trying to be a Fancy 2.0 and it also alienates some fans from doing what artists want you to do: sing along. The song is too much from a girl's perspective, so what guy is going to sing all around the world pretty  girls...we're just so pretty.

HMC was at least trying to do something by mixing songs together to make a cohesive track. It is bland, though, and so for me this is better but in no way a classic or something to be remembered among his and her's classics.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block