The Biography Channel posts their Britney Spears Documentary Episode from 2007

I believe this first aired around the time that 'Blackout' was released.

Currently watching bits of it and while I don't agree with all the statements being said (some really cringe things being said in retrospect), it really puts things into perspective and depicts the spectacle surrounding Britney and her life around those years. It's incredible to think how she truly ran a generation of celebrity, pop music and pop culture. Her level of megastardom was untouchable and there hasn't been anything like it since. Assuming many of you have likely seen this back in the day but if not, it's officially been uploaded to their YouTube channel.  :cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DiamondCircus said:

This was no different than a ton of other broadcasts that were made around that time.

This one is a bit more tame and informative for the average viewer/casual Britney fan. I found the VH1 Documentaries were the most insulting. It's interesting however because I feel as though she didn't really care about tabloids and the TV/media talking about her as much unlike nowadays. She definitely seemed more 'DGAF' about it during those days. 

• Like 1
Just now, Joshyworld said:

This one is a bit more tame and informative for the average viewer/casual Britney fan. I found the VH1 Documentaries were the most insulting. It's interesting however because I feel as though she didn't really care about tabloids and the TV/media talking about her as much unlike nowadays. She definitely seemed more 'DGAF' about it during those days. 

Yeah, I think she was over it I remember her telling Matt Lauer she didn't care if she went out with rollers in her hair.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, canwesynchronize said:

Thanks for posting! :)

Welcome! I love watching any and all footage of Britney, especially vintage stuff. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: 

Ironic enough, it was these documentaries that made me a stan in 2008. There was something so captivating, alluring and fascinating about her and her story that made me feel so drawn to her. I feel like a kid again watching this stuff, ngl. 1741115092_ScreenCapture976.thumb.png.d93d346a80025cda82f3365e01145cf5.png

15 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Very informative. :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

Can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic 1741115092_ScreenCapture976.thumb.png.d93d346a80025cda82f3365e01145cf5.png

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Fay1981 said:

That was surprisingly good. Although there are some mistakes in it, Britney didn't hit Kevin's car, it was the paparazzi's car I believe.

I personally liked these documentaries at the time. For the most part, I feel like it humanized her and kept people drawn to her legacy. But yes, there were a bunch of mistakes I noticed too, e.g. when that guy called 'Crossroads' a box office failure when it literally grossed $60 million with a budget of $10-12 million. I also cringed when the guy said "Britney Spears is famous for being famous" as if she was a Kardashian or something. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:  I also never understood why people felt as if 20-something-year-olds shouldn't be clubbing or partying, like hello? That's prime age for that kind of stuff, not when you're in high school. :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell: Overall though, the documentary had some good moments. I love when they highlight the impact of "BOMT" and when they talk about the "Slave" performance. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

28 minutes ago, Fay1981 said:

Where can I find the VH1 doc?

VH1 made a lot of documentaries and had a lot of segments on her. Driven was really nice and highlights on her talent but that was before the Britney hate train took full force. The Behind The Music special was also one of my favorites. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Welcome! I love watching any and all footage of Britney, especially vintage stuff. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: 

Ironic enough, it was these documentaries that made me a stan in 2008. There was something so captivating, alluring and fascinating about her and her story that made me feel so drawn to her. I feel like a kid again watching this stuff, ngl. 

Same!  Britney was omnipresent for so many years of my life, but when she spiraled I became so invested in her story and I've stanned ever since.  This documentary definitely took me back. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: 

• Love 1
Just now, canwesynchronize said:

Same!  Britney was omnipresent for so many years of my life, but when she spiraled I became so invested in her story and I've stanned ever since.  This documentary definitely took me back. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: 

That's exactly how I feel! Britney was such a big part of my childhood and her presence in overall Western culture was so widespread. She was the culture but I, like so many others, started to become more invested around what would be considered her "spiral". Collectively, I think the world began to feel more sympathy for her after being hated on for so many years, especially from 2004-08 and I remember those honeymoon years after 2008 where everyone was rooting for her and I always felt so proud as if she was my big sister or something. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: I mean, I knew of Britney prior (and liked some of her songs and remember witnessing the tabloid turmoil at the time) but I became a fan/stan in 2008 after hearing "BOMT" for the first time (yes I know :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:) and watching the video for "Lucky". From there, I watched all these documentaries and TV segments and felt so captivated and drawn to her ever since. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: I'm not really invested in celebrity or stan culture as much I was then but that era of Britneymania will always remain a piece of pop culture history and will always have a special place in my heart. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Joshyworld said:

That's exactly how I feel! Britney was such a big part of my childhood and her presence in overall Western culture was so widespread. She was the culture but I, like so many others, started to become more invested around what would be considered her "spiral". Collectively, I think the world began to feel more sympathy for her after being hated on for so many years, especially from 2004-08 and I remember those honeymoon years after 2008 where everyone was rooting for her and I always felt so proud as if she was my big sister or something. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: I mean, I knew of Britney prior (and liked some of her songs and remember witnessing the tabloid turmoil at the time) but I became a fan/stan in 2008 after hearing "BOMT" for the first time (yes I know :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:) and watching the video for "Lucky". From there, I watched all these documentaries and TV segments and felt so captivated and drawn to her ever since. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: I'm not really invested in celebrity or stan culture as much I was then but that era of Britneymania will always remain a piece of pop culture history and will always have a special place in my heart. 

I was so proud of her during the Circus era, it seemed like things were getting better with her regarding media treatment, but knowing what we know now its all tainted. & slay for having your BOMT awakening 10 years later.  Lucky is a masterpiece and very telling about her life.  I agree with you about Britneymania, it holds a special place in my heart as well. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 1
  • 1 year later...
On 3/14/2023 at 11:52 PM, canwesynchronize said:

I was so proud of her during the Circus era, it seemed like things were getting better with her regarding media treatment, but knowing what we know now its all tainted. & slay for having your BOMT awakening 10 years later.  Lucky is a masterpiece and very telling about her life.  I agree with you about Britneymania, it holds a special place in my heart as well. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

I remember when the media literally turned the tide and began praising her around 2008 too. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Ive never heard anyone say that Britney was famous for being famous. WTF was wrong with the guy that said that? She was famous for being a POPSTAR. She actually had talent, and worked hard to achieve her success. She’s not a socialite. That part made me cringe. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block