OMG! Why do you think this choreography got cut from POM?

General comment about why her choreo seemed easier later in her career. In my opinion, I think Britney demanded easier choreography. She's not 20 anymore. She has had injuries and doing hard full body choreo every other day is too hard on the body.  Also, Britney probably wanted to have more creative input regarding the dancing. I love her but when she's in control of the routines they are very simple and literal.

Her hard hitting iconic dancing was mostly created for music videos when they would be done once without live singing. Yes, when she was younger she brought many of these moves to life on tour, and definitely did it in award shows when she could go full throttle for 5 minutes and then be done. But asking her to do it for 90 minutes later in her career is not realistic. I think some nights you could tell she was injured and was just barely getting by. Other nights she had tons of energy and felt great.

I think if she comes back again her performances would be more in the style of Janet Jackson: easier but having moments of iconic choreo. For me the circus tour was outstanding. It wasn't the toughest choreo, but the sets, outfits, props, entire look was so beautiful and pulled together with this dark adult vibe. The stunts she did for Touch of my Hand and even the fire cage in Slave and the magic tricks were very impressive. It was such a great show.

I also loved the Onyx hotel Toxic performance. Most of it was standing on top of a moving prop wearing a cape. But it worked. And then some hard dancing towards the end. Also the womanizer European promo tour was awesome. And the TTWE promo performances were underrated.

Edited by BritneyWiki
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, BritneyWiki said:

General comment about why her choreo seemed easier later in her career. In my opinion, I think Britney demanded easier choreography. She's not 20 anymore. She has had injuries and doing hard full body choreo every other day is too hard on the body.  Also, Britney probably wanted to have more creative input regarding the dancing. I love her but when she's in control of the routines they are very simple and literal.

Her hard hitting iconic dancing was mostly created for music videos when they would be done once without live singing. Yes, when she was younger she brought many of these moves to life on tour, and definitely did it in award shows when she could go full throttle for 5 minutes and then be done. But asking her to do it for 90 minutes later in her career is not realistic. I think some nights you could tell she was injured and was just barely getting by. Other nights she had tons of energy and felt great.

Sorry but I don't agree with the first part. She clearly didn't want to do POM, at least not for that length of time and she simply didn't give af about the lame choreography they were giving her. They were not her choreographers of her choice.  As we see in her insta videos and award show performances, she has lots of energy and is able to move fast just like her old self.  If she was performing for something she was passionate about or with a highly publicized performance (as we saw with her POM performances that was televised) then she delivers. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

These choreographers did not know her body at all and it showed. She had the energy too, at least later on, but there’s only so much she could do with this choreography. No flow to it at all. 

Totally agree... been saying this for years, and you can tell she doesn't even like the choreography. One thing that's very obvious with POM compared to her old shows is that her and the dancers often look like they're too focused on the steps, that they often don't look in sync, and because they're too focused on that, they can't focus on slaying with their faces like they used to.  Before her choregraphy was actually quite simple and natural with their body movements, so it was easy to keep in sync and be fierce and hit the moves harder, which made it look so effortless and flaw-free.

Hopefully if and when she performs again, she gets to choregraph things herself and with people of her choice who actually know her and the dancers body movements.

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block