Name other artists who were sabotaged by their own work team like Britney

6 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

After Mariah divorced and broke ties with Tommy Motolla and left Sony, Tommy (who was head of Sony Music at that time) put a lot of effort into pushing Jennifer Lopez's career as a competition to Mariah, and sabotaged Mariah's first release with Virgin ("Loverboy") by having Jennifer use a sample of "Firecracker" by Yellow Magic Orchestra on her song "I'm Real", after Mariah had already recorded and planned her single using the same sample. Tommy and Sony rush-released Jennifer's song to be released before Mariah's, and Mariah had to change her song at the last minute before releasing it. It's alleged that Tommy and Sony also worked behind the scenes to suppress Mariah's airplay and promotion and plant negative stories about her which hurt the promotion of her album and movie, the album ultimately didn't perform as well as her previous records and led to her contract with Virgin being cancelled and Mariah ended up having a nervous breakdown and being admitted to a psychiatric hospital due to exhaustion and emotional stress.

So a lot of people believe this is where Mariah's issue with J Lo stems from.

I'm sure JLo knew this and when she was told she could beat Mariah and make a lot of money, she went for it. JLo is bishy... :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Mariah shouldn't have changed plans and proudly released the original version of the song, telling the tabloids quite clearly what was happening behind the scenes and expose JLo with Mottola.

• Like 2

Any winner or contestant of UK X Factor and got signed to Simon Cowell.  Well he always favoured one then when another became successful he would just abandon the last one. So like Shayne Ward won in 2005, released albums in 2006 and 2007 both were very successful,  but  Leona Lewis won in 2006 and released her debut album Spirit in 2007 and suddenly Shayne Ward disappeared. He was rumoured to be releasing a 3rd album in 2009 but didnt happen. Then in 2010 he made à comeback but his comeback single was a cover of a Nickelback song so it obviously flopped then his 3rd album was released only on the back of that single and it only went top 20 I think then Syco dropped him. It was so obvious Syco stopped caring about him when Leona Lewis first album became a massive success because his first 2 albums did really well and he was being deemed the next Justin Timberlake'

Then funnily enough the same thing eventually happened fo Leona Lewis. She released albums in 2007-2009, then One Direction were formed on X Factor in 2010 and Simon knew even then they were gunnà be successful then what happened...Leona funnily enough disappeared, she then brings out an album in 2012 which didnt get as much backing as her first two albums then she reportedly 'decided to leave' Syco which to be honest I think that was a nice way of saying she was dropped 

Edited by jonloch1
i typed disappointed instead of disappeared
  • Like 2

nicole scherzinger.

she can dance, sing whitney houston AND opera, she’s athletic, she’s even natural. it’s prob one of the biggest sabotage of pop music. but her attitude… pretty nasty from what it seemed like. on the other hand, idk why the *****cat didn’t get that much critical recognition. they were far more talented than destiny’s child or nsync ou the backstreetboys. 

still can’t believe why they’d sabotage britney when she came with BOMT, toxic, jungle performance, basically her most successful moments. 

Oh  I just remembered as well although I hope I'm not the only one on here who knows who I'm talking about. Anyone else heard of Alison Moyet? She was with a record label I think we are talking late 2000s or early 2010s and her record company wanted her to do a covers album because she was "too old" to do original material and Alison refused and asked to leave so she could find herself another record label. And even though she told them she would refuse to make another record with them so its pointless keeping her signed, the record label refused to release her and Alison's words but its because they were scared she would be successful with another record label. So they would have rather kept her signed even though she would be doing nothing then letting her go 

Edited by jonloch1
6 minutes ago, do the thing said:

nicole scherzinger.

she can dance, sing whitney houston AND opera, she’s athletic, she’s even natural. it’s prob one of the biggest sabotage of pop music. but her attitude… pretty nasty from what it seemed like. on the other hand, idk why the *****cat didn’t get that much critical recognition. they were far more talented than destiny’s child or nsync ou the backstreetboys. 

still can’t believe why they’d sabotage britney when she came with BOMT, toxic, jungle performance, basically her most successful moments. 

Yeh but I have to say I like Nicole as a person but I don't know what it is but a lot of her solo songs I would like for a day or two but then get completely bored of it by day 3 or 4. I honestly dont know why. I still love Baby Love that's such a  brilliant song but I remember Boomerang, Dont Hold Your Breath, Poison the first couple of days I'd love it but after day 3 I was sick of it

1 hour ago, Joshyworld said:

Girl, ain’t no one here for that ****ty generic one-woman band who all they sang about was meaningless s** songs  :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Omg we almost agree on something :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

1 hour ago, do the thing said:

idk why the *****cat didn’t get that much critical recognition. they were far more talented than destiny’s child

I like PCD and acknowledge that Nicole is very talented, but more talented than Destiny’s Child? :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:
Totally different levels in terms of artistry. 

• Love 1

Christina. They made her do an Xmas album and a Spanish version of her first album instead of a follow up pop album. She also recorded both of those in a really short time while on tour which was bad for her voice.

Imagine if britney never did OIDIA and released an Xmas album instead and then also a different language version of her first album. So stupid.

Also during her first couple of performances they made her wear a head mic to be more like Britney eventhough she didn't want to and that wasn't her style or strength.

I also think they gave her too much control of her career. Back to Basics should have been done later in her career. It was way to risky. She was talking about doing g a "futuristic" album back in 06. She should have done that instead of B2B imo.  That way she wouldn't have been called a copycat 4 years later when she finally got to it.

• Like 2

in a lower scale, Mexican singer Fey was kind of sabotaged by her label (Sony).

She was basically the Mexican Britney (before Britney was even a thing), releasing 3 successful pop albums in the 90's and becoming this huge teen sensation. She was overworked, in part by her manager (who was also her boyfriend) until she couldn't take any more and left to the US to take a break.

In this time she kept studying, and wrote an album that most of her fans consider her best work. The thing is that it was too dark / alternative compared to the bubblegum pop that made her famous in the 90's. So she released Vértigo in 2002 and as Xtina would say, it was too ahead of its time for certain people, or most people, so the label literally didn't know what to do with it.

The promotion sucked so bad that it only got one videoclip and a couple of radio singles. They ended up dropping her, and she re-released the album with a different label, without much success still. Ultimately she had to move on to the next album, a tribute album to a famous band from the 80s, and that kinda put her back in the map, but thing were never the same again. She eventually went independent and has never had that much success as in he beginning of her career, but at the same time it seems like that's how she wants it.

She did release an live DVD in 2012 with Sony again, and another one in 2014, but no more studio albums since 2009 and only some singles here and there.

If only Sony supported Vértigo back in the day, probably she wouldn't have gone independent and would've continued a streak of hits throughout the 00's.

Anyways, stream Vértigo (I know I'm biased 'cause I'm a fan, but really, if you give it a try considering it's from 2002, it really sounded ahead of its time, it could've been released in the late 00's or 10's and would still sound fresh)

3 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Christina. They made her do an Xmas album and a Spanish version of her first album instead of a follow up pop album. She also recorded both of those in a really short time while on tour which was bad for her voice.

Imagine if britney never did OIDIA and released an Xmas album instead and then also a different language version of her first album. So stupid.

the Spanish album gave her a whole new audience in Latin America though, and set her apart from Britney which was also huge here.

The real stupid decision was not to continue with more Spanish albums (until two decades later) and embracing that Latina image. And no, those obscure tracks like Cruz or Desnúdate that weren't even released as singles (or aren't truly in Spanish for that matter) don't count.

The fact that Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti is her most watched solo video on Youtube says a lot :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

the Spanish album gave her a whole new audience in Latin America though, and set her apart from Britney which was also huge here.

The real stupid decision was not to continue with more Spanish albums (until two decades later) and embracing that Latina image. And no, those obscure tracks like Cruz or Desnúdate that weren't even released as singles (or aren't truly in Spanish for that matter) don't count.

The fact that Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti is her most watched solo video on Youtube says a lot :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

i dont mind the Spanish album just the timing. She should have come out with a second pop album and then a double disk of those 2 in Spanish. But my major problem with her has always been the huge gaps between albums so I would fill those up which is something she wouldnt have wanted. For me her career up until 2010 would have been like this and I think she would have been set up better going forward and would now have an easier time not doing much. She just relaxed way to much, way to early. I would do it kind of like Britney work my *** of for the first 4 years and then gradually do less. 

1999 - Chrisitna Aguilera

2000 - Second Pop Album

2001 - Double Disk Spanish album

2002 - Stripped with a Deluxe version with Spanish songs

2004 -  A Rock - Pop album with a Deluxe version with Spanish songs

2006 - A better version of Bionic with a Deluxe version with Spanish songs

2008 - Back to Basics

2010 - Greatest Hits & Christmas Album

This is her actual career until 2010 as a comparisson. 4 year gaps after her second album was way to early. 

1999- Christina Aguilera

2000 - Christinmas Album & Spanish Album

2002 - Stripped

2006 - Back to Basics

2008 - Greatest Hits

2010 - Bionic. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block