user @Rik’s Debut song, For Tuesday, Available now

rik

3 hours ago, rennen2.0 said:

The talent on Exhale. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

I’ll listen to it in full when home, but so far I like what I hear. 

Omg your return. Thank you rennen!! Legit I am grateful for the support and I really hope you like the full version when it comes out. This is a huge compliment

3 hours ago, GhostFace said:

I know we don't like each other and blah blah

But this is not bad at all, sounds good! good job

:canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears: This actually is really sweet of you Girl do you know how badly I have been wanting to talk about Scream 6 theories with you. I really am appreciative despite our differences, and again I’m really grateful that you listened to the song and liked it. I hope you’re having a really good new year so far

2 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

This is too good!!! Iconic @Rik vs Exhale!! Ashlee Simpson is shaking and you now own this sound :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

TELL ME WHY I WAS LISTENING TO AUTOBIOGRAPHY WHEN I WAS CREATING THIS SONG TOO JDJDJDKDKD thank you so so much glitter for real 

17 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

This sounds so professional and good! Love your vocals! 

Your first live performance should be debuted on Exhale! 

:ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh: this may not be a bad idea tbh. I’ve revealed my face in the past here but that’s been since lost in a now deleted account. I would be nervous about it though, however it might be a really good way to connect with people that want to listen to it on the site!

thank you so much Mike.🤍❤️🤍❤️

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

You are legit making me blush rn LOL. That’s one of my favourite parts of the song too!!! 

i think you have a clear and undeniable talent. i think that part carries so much "feel" because of like the way you say it, its like you can't really help it but yet... here you are again - that mixed with the sudden focus on only the guitar makes it gold. i love that transition there and it sets the tone for the song.

was really placing myself back into those days and nights where I’d sneak out and get into my friends car to just drive around and have fun.  I guess at its core it’s about self destruction and being able to see someone else have that same energy without necessarily needing to rely on anything other than a natural high.

i think i somehow understand you... i don't necessarily "hear / listen" to music, it think for me its more of a "feel" and songs usually take me to a time and place in the past or a time and a place in the future - kinda like being nostalgic about places you've never been and missing people you've never met (if that even makes sense) so in a weird way i think i understand you and i feel your song carries some of that feel. so to me this is why the "here we are again" part gives me all the feels. cause it takes me places and makes me feel things. i honestly do not like rock as much as a genre in general, but there are aspects of this song that do it for me; also the whole "then there's you" parts give me a similar "feel" and that to me makes a great song. regardless of the lyrics - the sound and the feel are more important to me.

i do sense the pop-ish aspect of it and like @jordeezy said its very Y2K.

was working with my friend and producer, KXNG who allowed me to really take control of my sound. Originally I was going to do very alternative pop/hip hop and rnb music, but was finding that it was admittedly kind of difficult for me to sound good without more organic instruments. I love those genres dearly though and would love to bounce into that again one day. KXNG took a chance when I said I wanted to take full control and make a rock song. He was so so good at mixing and producing around this. The drums were recorded by artist and drummer Andrea Anger, and fellow audio engineer Jovin who did the drum stems!  I’m now working with other guitar players and producers as well to release some songs and a potential EP in the new year! 

omg sounds like you have some great people with you. i think your talent is real and its impressive you had to balls to actually do something about it. its inspiring. always do what your heart desires. and you should definitely see this project to completion regardless of what happens after.

Im hoping the lyrics work soon!!! I did add them and it usually takes about a week for Apple and Spotify  to fully sync everything. I’m hoping it is ready SOON

and I’m so happy you like it seriously 

i added hte song to my library i will be on the lookout for the lyrics!!! love this. congratulations and LOL LOOK AT YOU ALREADY GIVING INTERVIEWS!!! so much fun. it'll be upwards from here! best of luck. for real. love to see people do the things they are passionate about.

love the cover - HMC inspired?

Edited by leviathan
  • Love 3

Mr. Rik Vs Exhale

I am aware that this is your debut song but you have done it ONCE again :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: The song is FANTASTICC :bouncey: 

It has quenched my thirst for modern pop rock music and I ADORE what you were doing with that bass. It adds so much angst and late 90s-Y2k vibes to it :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: The ending was so well done as well :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: The production also reminded me a lot of Alanis Morisette and "Kids in America". Were u inspired by any of her tracks?

My only critique would be that the chorus should have a more layered and stronger instrumental base. Like in the sense, that the music explodes in the chorus? It's an incredibly popular feature in pop rock music but besides that, the song is CATCHY :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud: I'll genuinely be streaming this more than once bestie! Super duper proud of you :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 3
18 hours ago, leviathan said:

i think you have a clear and undeniable talent. i think that part carries so much "feel" because of like the way you say it, its like you can't really help it but yet... here you are again - that mixed with the sudden focus on only the guitar makes it gold. i love that transition there and it sets the tone for the song.

i think i somehow understand you... i don't necessarily "hear / listen" to music, it think for me its more of a "feel" and songs usually take me to a time and place in the past or a time and a place in the future - kinda like being nostalgic about places you've never been and missing people you've never met (if that even makes sense) so in a weird way i think i understand you and i feel your song carries some of that feel. so to me this is why the "here we are again" part gives me all the feels. cause it takes me places and makes me feel things. i honestly do not like rock as much as a genre in general, but there are aspects of this song that do it for me; also the whole "then there's you" parts give me a similar "feel" and that to me makes a great song. regardless of the lyrics - the sound and the feel are more important to me.

i do sense the pop-ish aspect of it and like @jordeezy said its very Y2K.

omg sounds like you have some great people with you. i think your talent is real and its impressive you had to balls to actually do something about it. its inspiring. always do what your heart desires. and you should definitely see this project to completion regardless of what happens after.

i added hte song to my library i will be on the lookout for the lyrics!!! love this. congratulations and LOL LOOK AT YOU ALREADY GIVING INTERVIEWS!!! so much fun. it'll be upwards from here! best of luck. for real. love to see people do the things they are passionate about.

love the cover - HMC inspired?

Omg this is seriously so ******* cool that you are taking the time to respond to my music like this. I seriously don’t even know what to say but I’ll do a few voice notes 

https://voca.ro/1ilvSNuQ6gAN

💕

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Mr. Rik Vs Exhale

I am aware that this is your debut song but you have done it ONCE again :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: The song is FANTASTICC :bouncey: 

It has quenched my thirst for modern pop rock music and I ADORE what you were doing with that bass. It adds so much angst and late 90s-Y2k vibes to it :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: The ending was so well done as well :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: The production also reminded me a lot of Alanis Morisette and "Kids in America". Were u inspired by any of her tracks?

My only critique would be that the chorus should have a more layered and stronger instrumental base. Like in the sense, that the music explodes in the chorus? It's an incredibly popular feature in pop rock music but besides that, the song is CATCHY :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud: I'll genuinely be streaming this more than once bestie! Super duper proud of you :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

KIDS IN AMERICA BY THE MUFFS (the cover in clueless) inspired this 

OMF let me reply in a voice note :typing_keyboard_computer:

https://voca.ro/1oTT3bFkwYb2

@leviathan

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

Omg this is seriously so ******* cool that you are taking the time to respond to my music like this. I seriously don’t even know what to say but I’ll do a few voice notes 

https://voca.ro/1ilvSNuQ6gAN

💕

i got my own voice note!!! hahaha of course i assumed it was you as a kid, its so cute, so raw and makes a great cover. its a great picture tbh, kudos to whomever took it.

love the direction you plan to go. can't wait to hear more from you.  im sure whatever comes next will be super interesting.

Spoiler

you sound so cute on your voice note hahaha i love it.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

KIDS IN AMERICA BY THE MUFFS (the cover in clueless) inspired this 

OMF let me reply in a voice note :typing_keyboard_computer:

https://voca.ro/1oTT3bFkwYb2

@leviathan

Yessss I DEFINITELY heard it but I was thinking of the early 80s OG 'Kids in America' :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Did u say the song also had some notes taken from ROL? I remember thinking that some of parts felt very ROL-influenced :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block