Iggy Azalea sells her musical catalogue in a major 8-figure deal

44 minutes ago, Brat said:

If they don’t own it,  how can they sell it? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

They can't.

Look at Taylor's situation... she has had to re-record her entire catalogue in order to own those masters, but the previous label can still do whatever they want with the originals.

Usually the label owns at least a percentage of a catalogue, so the artist will have to first negotiate with them to buy it out completely (which is what Taylor tried to do and was shafted).

Iggy was either smart enough to sign a contract that gave her full ownership of her music or was able to buy it back from the label.

Its not like she performs any of the old greats anyways. Last 2 times i saw her on tour all but like 10 mins of the show was the stuff she was currently promoting. Last year it was all basically just end of an era set, which im fine with cuz the album slaps. However imma need her to hit me bustin out Pus$y live once before im too old to care aboit it anymore. Still holdin out that the iggz and azealia collab they recorded a few years ago leaks randomally 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block