Artpop was issued 9 years ago..

Lady Gaga issued her official third studio album "ARTPOP", 9 years ago..

This is the little monsters equilivant to Queen, Hate Train, an obvious depressed Gaga,  that at the time in her life was contemplating retiring..

Also a time as Billboard states an album that got lost in the shuffle by lots of events, Miley Cyrus and the Bangerz image made Gaga look normal, Katy perry and Prism, two projects that came before artpop and had massive success, number ones and radio airplay. 

However Billboard said what sent Artpop into forever lost in Translation and gone within a month, Well December 13, Beyonce surprised drop a visual albums and it's that album that unfortunately let artpop have a quick shelf life. 

Billboard did state those 3 albums is why Gaga underperformed to her standards,  including weak opening numbers compared to Born thus way.

It went platinum but only after the RIAA incorporated streams towards it's certs..

Some critics defended Gaga saying if you read the reviews are the criticizing the album of the person,  and if it's the latter, Metacritic needs to remove those as these aren't music reviews.

It's her glitter era,  and she basically didn't do thus album on the chromatic ball, the LGBT press went mental on the album they said the gays loved it's the Erotica of the monsters and 90s millenials,  she better start embracing the cult album that many gays put as their top Gaga album..

However everybody noticed after this album,she dropped the whole album of the millennium angle that she was known for. 

Despite it being popular everybody agrees jewels N' ***** can go in the trash considering Gaga is the featured act on her own song..

@Jordan Miller

It’s just an incredibly average album for the profound concept she was trying to convince us it was. I think when you try to be too clever, sometimes this doesn’t translate to being enjoyable, catchy or melodic. And then the stupid Slogan “my art pop could mean anything” … well can you give us a clue what the album means?? It’s too wishy washy artsy fartsy as a concept, because it’s trying to be too many things and failing at all of them. A real disappointment after the first two albums it just lacked soul or demotion for me and cheapened her brand. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I get what she means, buy sweetie. You aren't the musician you try to sell yourself..

I get your a musician,  but you sold yourself like prince to many times. 

He did it all, self produce, played all the instruments, self wrote a bulk of his material,  I can go on. 

That part she did annoy Me,when the credits said otherwise,  it wasn't until Joanne did she get executive producer credits 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MIKE_INT said:

Album under performed because "Applause" was not good first single choice, people couldn't connect with it, plus the whole album was quite a mess

I agree Applause wasn’t the best first single… but when you look at the track list, there isn’t any standouts that could have been released in its place. 

Applause and Do What U Want are the only two songs, perhaps along with Aura that I think had bones to be on the album. The rest are just a bit meeeh. 

I also think the track list order is all wrong and the strongest songs just have started the album, don’t understand why applause is at the end. 

With Do What U Want removed from the album completely the record is so weak. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block